[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
GODZILLA ISLAND television show • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

GODZILLA ISLAND television show

Discuss the 2nd Godzilla film era here! Beam fights, revised versions of classic kaiju, the Heisei era was a mixed bag of fun and controversy!

Moderator: Controllers

GODZILLA ISLAND television show

Postby MechaMinya » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:22 pm

I just got into this. Suffice it to say...I'm hooked!

I am impressed by the vision and the dedication to production found in this series. Particularly given its technical limitations. The camera work in the monster scenes is really good. The camera work often times pays homage to the original Showa films (as well as Sergio Leone in episode 35) in its choice of set-ups and angles. Some of the movement with the vinyl is quite lifelike and very flexible. It is nice to hear all of the roars and stomps and sound effects from the film series too!

I wish I knew some of the show's production history and how they pulled off some of the movement.

Anyone else a fan or knowledgeable of its production?
God is in the details.
MechaMinya
Little Godzilla

Re: GODZILLA ISLAND television show

Postby lhb412 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:53 pm

I have no idea of the production aspects, but I've certainly enjoyed the episodes I've seen.

Also, I've seen clips of this show off and on for decades, but only started getting into Ultraman in a big way in the last few years so I had a nice "waitaminute - that's Ultraman Jack!" moment a few months ago.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:55 am

There are ways to obtain this series on the cheap...unfortunately it is not subbed...and doubt any fan would be dedicated enough to do 300+ 2 minute episodes (or whatever it is...cant quite remember)...but the only thing I wish is that when watching them you could skip all the intro/end credits. the Episodes are 3 minuets, and 1/3 of that time is the opening/closing...makes it a pain on the old FF button.

My kids love the episodes where the monsters dance. In terms of "production" I don't know how much creativity it takes to literally manipulate Bandai toys...its pretty much the same thing as you see on a lot of youtube videos only with a larger budget.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:16 am

Am I correct in assuming the purpose of this show was to keep Godzilla (Godzilla toys) in the kiddies' minds after the Heisei series had stopped running?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to The Heisei Era: 1984-1995