[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla Remix • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla Remix

Discuss the 2nd Godzilla film era here! Beam fights, revised versions of classic kaiju, the Heisei era was a mixed bag of fun and controversy!

Moderator: Controllers

Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla Remix

Postby daikaijusaurus » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Hello all,

I occasionally dabble in video editing whenever I have free time to kill. So this time I decided to do a fan edit of the first battle between Godzilla and MechaGodzilla. I thought it would be fun to mix audio and music from the Showa, Hesei and Milllenium films for this scene, as well as adding some sound effects downloaded from the internet. I also omitted all the human scenes from this battle, so it is pure kaiju battle for your viewing pleasure :D

I embedded the video below, but incase you don't see it here is the link on YouTube:

Hope you enjoy it.

daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Re: Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla Remix

Postby Rodanex » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Nicely done!
Rodanex
Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:39 am

good job, dude. cool stuff.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Benjamin Haines » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:52 pm

That was great! Very well done.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Silver Kamen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Wow, great job man! You really out did yourself!
シルバー仮面!

Silver Kamen
Heisei Godzilla

Banned user

Postby daikaijusaurus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Thanks! I'm glad you all liked it! :D

You know the idea of a "good guy" MechaGodzilla never really sat well with me, even though both the hesei and millenium G Vs MG movies are among my favorites. So in my edit, I tried to give the impression of MG being the mysterious robot that suddenly arrives and goes on the attack. Giving him the shawa roar and the Godzilla millenium themes I think gives this impression of a meaner and villainous MG.

And also, I always preferred the deep and powerful Godzilla roars from G85, Vs Biollante and Vs KGhodorah. Why Toho changed his roar back to the showa roars I will never understand. So that's another thing I changed in my edit.

Many, many years ago I did a fan edit of Godzilla (1984) and Godzilla 1985. Basically I used the G85 edit and inserted a number of scenes cut out. My fan edit was done during the era of VCRs and VHS tapes, so I no longer have the tape. But I was thinking about doing another fan edit of this film. What do you guys think, would you like to see this edit?

One problem I face is that YouTube isn't allowing me to post videos longer than 15 minutes, and I don't want to split the movie up in 15 minute segments. Another thing I can do is maybe just do edits of the kaiju scenes and skip the human scenes altogether. Mmmm, maybe I'll just do that. :D
daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Russzilla » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Yo man. Awesome job. By all means, please do the Godzilla '84 edit. We look forward to it.
Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Russzilla » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby Russzilla » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:25 pm

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:37 pm

I think the reason GvMGII stood out was because of the movies around it, which were full of all sorts of padding and dangling plots and pacing issues... they felt like they were assembled by a bunch of people with little thought to how it'd fit together. This movie, on the other hand, was fairly straightforward and entirely revolved around the monster battles - which I think are the strongest of the time.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Mexigojira » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:08 am

Well done!
"There are 4 things that I've learned to dont discuss, because they end with people killing each other: Religion, politics, sports, and logic on anime and kaiju movies"

Anibal
Mexigojira
Heisei Godzilla

Return to The Heisei Era: 1984-1995