Heisei-Era Anguirus Concept Art

Discuss the 2nd Godzilla film era here! Beam fights, revised versions of classic kaiju, the Heisei era was a mixed bag of fun and controversy!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Inferior Rodan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Him having a beam iam sure would be horrible on film but with how many Heisei monsters have beams (pretty much all of them)......yeah i don`t think it would look good personally.
Inferior Rodan
Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:33 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:
jellydonut25 wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:there's a scene in SpaceG ripped right out of Godzilla Raids again...
been a good long while since i've watched this movie...care to refresh my memory?

I'm with you, I just binged the entire Hesei series otherwise I wouldn't remember it either.

But on the island...theres a scene when SpaceG first lands that the human character go to view what's happening...they travel through what looks to be an almost exact replica of the rocky pit, that the human characters in Godzilla Raids Again first saw Anguirus and Godzilla from...

hmmm...i kinda remember what you're talking about and while it woulda been a cool homage had anguirus been included and is evidence that they were considering using anguirus, i don't think it's too big a head scratcher why it was left in
sometimes holdovers from previous ideas get left behind. it happens, it's no big deal, really.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:14 pm

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Image

Is this supposed to be a Godzilla design? I've seen it before, but man that is atrocious...
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast
Hybrid Gojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Inferior Rodan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:24 pm

Hybrid Gojira wrote:
ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Image

Is this supposed to be a Godzilla design? I've seen it before, but man that is atrocious...

Actually this is a sketch from Godzilla: Final Wars from character designer Yoji Shinkawa who did the designs from the metal gear solid series. I personally do not thinks this sucks at all. Its just a sketch and i rather like where this design is going. Its besides the point though, Final Wars has come and gone.
Inferior Rodan
Godzilla

Postby jrichreturns » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:34 pm

Does that book hve any more Heisei stuff in it? Like proposed storylines and kaiju?
-SEIG ZEON!
jrichreturns
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to The Heisei Era: 1984-1995