who would you like to Direct and compose godzilla 2

This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film and upcoming sequels, as well as Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong!! Let everyone know what you think and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the upcoming films!!!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: who would you like to Direct and compose godzilla 2

Postby Mac » Mon May 16, 2016 8:15 pm

Henry88 wrote:
Peter Jackson? I don't see him having anything coming out. He's worked with Warner Brothers before(obviously) and can obviously handle franchises fine.

Peter Jackson dose not like godzilla.

Thank god, although Warner Bros would love him to sign on.

I really doubt Warners is going to rock the boat with their choice. Godzilla 2 needs to be a successful, and safe, bridge film to King Kong vs Godzilla 2. Announcing someone like Vogt-Roberts as the director would also show that Warners has confidence in the new Kong film. Looking ahead, I wouldn't be surprised if Warners is targeting big talent for KKvG, that might be the film wrangle in GdT. He only has one film on his plate, and that's released in 2017. A lot of the names brought up here already have films slated for the next few years (i.e. George Miller) or don't have contracts with Warners.

Also, Junkie XL is going to be a terrible composer.
The new Gamera will be worse than Super Monster.
Mac
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Mac wrote:
Henry88 wrote:
Peter Jackson? I don't see him having anything coming out. He's worked with Warner Brothers before(obviously) and can obviously handle franchises fine.

Peter Jackson dose not like godzilla.

Thank god, although Warner Bros would love him to sign on.

I really doubt Warners is going to rock the boat with their choice. Godzilla 2 needs to be a successful, and safe, bridge film to King Kong vs Godzilla 2. Announcing someone like Vogt-Roberts as the director would also show that Warners has confidence in the new Kong film. Looking ahead, I wouldn't be surprised if Warners is targeting big talent for KKvG, that might be the film wrangle in GdT. He only has one film on his plate, and that's released in 2017. A lot of the names brought up here already have films slated for the next few years (i.e. George Miller) or don't have contracts with Warners.

Also, Junkie XL is going to be a terrible composer.

things could and probably will change.
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Wed May 18, 2016 6:17 am

Tarantino's talked about Godzilla before. I doubt they'd go with him, but it'd be a wild ride if they did. Deadpool's Tim Miller was mentioned before. I'd feel comfortable if he got the nod.
I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Gwangi » Wed May 18, 2016 10:36 am

Here is an article on five directors this author thinks could take over:

http://movieweb.com/godzilla-2-directors-possibilities/

Cookie wrote:Peter Jackson? I don't see him having anything coming out. He's worked with Warner Brothers before(obviously) and can obviously handle franchises fine.

Though I seriously doubt it and I really don't want to see that (the law of gravity just doesn't seem to exist in Peter Jackson movies), if somehow, someway, they end up signing Jackson, I think it will be for the both movies since he is that one director who has experience shooting back-to-back or simultaneously, and it saves Legendary from trying to find two directors.
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Cookie » Wed May 18, 2016 3:38 pm

How long you guys think before we get a shortlist LP is looking at?
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer
Cookie
Burning Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:21 pm

Cookie wrote:How long you guys think before we get a shortlist LP is looking at?

comic-con probably.
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Fri May 20, 2016 1:26 am

What about Frank Darabont?
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby daikaijusaurus » Fri May 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Frank Darabont should write and direct Godzilla 2. DO IT!!!!

daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Postby TerranigmaFreak » Tue May 24, 2016 5:51 am

Get James Cameron. He should stop wasting his time with those crummy Avatar movies.
TerranigmaFreak
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Wed May 25, 2016 3:03 pm

jellydonut25 wrote:Peter Jackson has also devolved into a garbage filmmaker. I used to like him, a lot, but his past 5 films have gotten steadily worse.

He caught LUCASSYNDROME (Trademark Lucasfilm).

As for who I'd like to see, um....Matt Reeves would be neat but I like him with the Apes because Dawn blew G2014 out of the water as far as I'm concerned. Del Toro is always a smart decision for me, but other than that I'm not sure.

Giacchino is my number one choice for composer. I've wanted him since 2010, so yeah...
Henry Jackman might be a decent choice (Listen to his Magneto theme from X-Men: First Class when it kicks in and tell me that you can't imagine a badass monster stomping about!)
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Legendary's MonsterVerse