GODZILLA vs. KONG (March 13, 2020)

This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film and upcoming sequels, as well as Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong!! Let everyone know what you think and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the upcoming films!!!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: KING KONG VS GODZILLA 2 (2020!)

Postby mrbluehair » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:34 pm

lhb412 wrote:Julian Dennison, the young Kiwi actor from Deadpool 2 and Hunt for the Wilderpeople, has been cast in Godzilla vs. Kong!

https://www.thewrap.com/deadpool-2-star ... a-vs-kong/

This news has been circulating a bit over the last 24 hours, but this seems to be the first legit site to report it. I've also heard that Millie Bobby Brown and Kyle Chandler are returning and Francis McDormand is being pursued for a role but this article does not confirm that.

As I understand he will be playing a character named Kenny that escapes his bullied life through Beats headphones and VR where he escapes to a place called Kaiju Land where he communicates with a monster he calls Minya who teaches him life lessons through the teachings of his indifferent father. Minya's father teaches him to deal with bullies through barbaric means like learning to fight back and stand up for himself which Kenny rejects and instead decides to use shock to keep his bullies at bay by wearing tight short, shorts to school which works because the bullies "Don't want to go anywhere near that"
You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you... for your greatness will silence them all!
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:58 am

Gwangi wrote:Sarah Finn has been the casting director for the Monsterverse (and she has been assigned to this movie as well). She has also been the casting director for the MCU, though "Deadpool" is not part of it, but hence why we are seeing familiar faces in both series. Sarah was also the cd for "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri", so I am not surprised that she is considering Frances McDormand. That would be quite a coup.

Sarah Finn is really elevating the Monsterverse by bringing so many prestigious actors into the Godzilla/Kong pantheon.

Julian Dennison is another good casting choice. He was great in Hunt for the Wilderpeople and Deadpool 2.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:56 pm

mrbluehair wrote:
lhb412 wrote:Julian Dennison, the young Kiwi actor from Deadpool 2 and Hunt for the Wilderpeople, has been cast in Godzilla vs. Kong!

https://www.thewrap.com/deadpool-2-star ... a-vs-kong/

This news has been circulating a bit over the last 24 hours, but this seems to be the first legit site to report it. I've also heard that Millie Bobby Brown and Kyle Chandler are returning and Francis McDormand is being pursued for a role but this article does not confirm that.

As I understand he will be playing a character named Kenny that escapes his bullied life through Beats headphones and VR where he escapes to a place called Kaiju Land where he communicates with a monster he calls Minya who teaches him life lessons through the teachings of his indifferent father. Minya's father teaches him to deal with bullies through barbaric means like learning to fight back and stand up for himself which Kenny rejects and instead decides to use shock to keep his bullies at bay by wearing tight short, shorts to school which works because the bullies "Don't want to go anywhere near that"

I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby lhb412 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:32 pm

Slashfilm says Millie Bobby Brown and Kyle Chandler are returning.

http://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-vs-ko ... -dennison/

I guess this means KotM and vs. King will be pretty connected.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Outkaster » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:05 am

Interesting that he wants a "winner" I mean I get it but still.
Joined in 2001.
Outkaster
Godzilla

Postby daikaijusaurus » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:04 pm

He does say that there will be lots of monsters going crazy on each other, and that there will be a clear winner. This tells me that this movie will not be a strait up Godzilla Vs Kong. I get the impression that they will fight at first, but will team up against other monsters (which includes King Ghidorah?) and team Godzilla/Kong will be the clear winner.

I was hoping for a straight up Godzilla Vs Kong movie without other monsters interfering. But in any case, sounds like it's going to be a fun movie.
daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Benjamin Haines » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:23 pm

^ I don't think he meant 'there will be lots of monsters.' I think he meant 'there will be lots of brawling between the monsters.'

For context, here's the full quote:
Adam Wingard wrote:I really want you to take those characters seriously. I want you to be emotionally invested, not just in the human characters, but actually in the monsters. It’s a massive monster brawl movie. There’s lots of monsters going crazy on each other, but at the end of the day I want there to be an emotional drive to it. I want you to be emotionally invested in them. I think that’s what’s going to make it really cool.

"Lots" is referring to the amount of monster brawling, not the amount of monsters. That's not to say that there definitely won't be other monsters besides Godzilla and Kong in the movie but I wouldn't bet on additional monsters based solely on this quote.

Now cue a million clickbait articles proclaiming "ADAM WINGARD CONFIRMS MULTIPLE MONSTERS FOR GODZILLA VS. KONG".....
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:10 am

Aren't these pretty old quotes...? I feel like I remember this from a long while ago.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby JordanGLC » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:38 pm

I think you can interpret what Wingard said both ways. While there has been nothing official about additional monsters, it would seem to me that to cutting the amount of monsters in half from the preceding film is a hard sell, even if the two are Godzilla and King Kong.
Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power...

My Creature Features
JordanGLC
Godzilla

Postby daikaijusaurus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:58 am

I wouldn't mind if other monsters made appearances in this movie. I would also not mind if either Godzilla or Kong fight any of these monsters before their match. But the battle between Godzilla and Kong should only be between Godzilla and Kong with no other monsters interfering. And I also don't want Godzilla and Kong teaming up against a common enemy. The last thing I want to see is another repeat of Batman Vs Superman. I just want Godzilla and Kong to beat the crap out of each other and at the very end of the movie, the loser (Kong) either retreats or is killed.

And yes, I am hoping and expecting Godzilla to be the clear winner :mrgreen:
daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Postby angilas » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:45 pm

daikaijusaurus wrote:I wouldn't mind if other monsters made appearances in this movie. I would also not mind if either Godzilla or Kong fight any of these monsters before their match. But the battle between Godzilla and Kong should only be between Godzilla and Kong with no other monsters interfering. And I also don't want Godzilla and Kong teaming up against a common enemy. The last thing I want to see is another repeat of Batman Vs Superman.

“You're letting him...kill Mothra...”
“What does that mean??! Why did you say that name!?!”

phpBB [media]

Seems this guy thinks it will end the same way (minus that)...: https://www.tvovermind.com/movies/godzilla-vs-king-kong
angilas
Heisei Godzilla

Postby daikaijusaurus » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:48 pm

Wow! An Oscar winner in a Godzilla movie. I'd never thought I'd see the day. Really great news!

Godzilla vs. Kong Casts Oscar Winner Frances McDormand
https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-kong ... -cast/amp/
daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Postby lhb412 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:22 pm

Wowee. Then again, the quality of the casts in these MonsterVerse films have been uniformly stellar.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:40 am

It was debunked like an hour after the news was broken.
https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-kong ... mand-cast/
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Well then, time to call Streep's people.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:53 pm

lhb412 wrote:Well then, time to call Streep's people.

I'd literally only be excited by Streep because of the name cache...but I very much do not like her as an actress.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:38 pm

...... not even in Devil Wears Prada?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:49 pm

jellydonut25 wrote:
lhb412 wrote:Well then, time to call Streep's people.

I'd literally only be excited by Streep because of the name cache...but I very much do not like her as an actress.

There was a time in my life where I could not stand Meryl Streep. However, now that I've become an old softy, I find her fascinating and getting Meryl would be quite a coup! (and finally give her a chance to be in a King Kong movie. Remember guys, that Dino DeLaurentis turned her down for "Kong 76").

We shall see whom Sarah Finn will cast. As I stated before, she usually likes to cast performers she has already worked with (very fun seeing that MCU & Monsterverse crossover). If she was to cast a big time actress for this feature, me thinks it could be Glenn Close, since she Sarah had already placed her in "Guardian of the Galaxy".
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby eabaker » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:00 pm

lhb412 wrote:...... not even in Devil Wears Prada?

I'd have gone with The French Lieutenant's Woman.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Gwangi wrote:We shall see whom Sarah Finn will cast. As I stated before, she usually likes to cast performers she has already worked with (very fun seeing that MCU & Monsterverse crossover). If she was to cast a big time actress for this feature, me thinks it could be Glenn Close, since she Sarah had already placed her in "Guardian of the Galaxy".

Glenn Close in Godzilla vs. Kong would be something else.

Going by other movies for which Sarah Finn was the casting director, I suppose it's possible she might try to cast Sandra Bullock (Crash), Rene Russo (Thor), or Michelle Pfeiffer (Ant-Man and The Wasp).
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:28 pm

eabaker wrote:

I was going for the most mainstream choice I could think of. Everyone's seen Prada, right?

Also, she's really good in it.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby eabaker » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:36 pm

lhb412 wrote:
eabaker wrote:

I was going for the most mainstream choice I could think of. Everyone's seen Prada, right?

Also, she's really good in it.

I've seen one scene from The Devil Wears Prada, I think. It was Stanley Tucci trying to argue a point that the script seem to think made sense, but actually his line of reasoning was completely self-defeating.

Is The French Lieutenant's Woman not pretty mainstream, though?

Sorry, we're way off topic.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:30 pm

Benjamin Haines wrote:
Gwangi wrote:We shall see whom Sarah Finn will cast. As I stated before, she usually likes to cast performers she has already worked with (very fun seeing that MCU & Monsterverse crossover). If she was to cast a big time actress for this feature, me thinks it could be Glenn Close, since she Sarah had already placed her in "Guardian of the Galaxy".

Glenn Close in Godzilla vs. Kong would be something else.

Going by other movies for which Sarah Finn was the casting director, I suppose it's possible she might try to cast Sandra Bullock (Crash), Rene Russo (Thor), or Michelle Pfeiffer (Ant-Man and The Wasp).

All would be interesting and all would be very solid choices. There are other big time actress that Sarah has cast - Sigourney Weaver (Vantage Point), Gwyneth Paltrow (Iron Man movies) and even Scarlett Johansson (MCU, Jungle Book). At this point, I am not even closing the door for a possible Frances McDormand casting.
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby daikaijusaurus » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:53 am

Well for all we know Frances McDormand is still being considered for a part but hasn't officially signed in yet. The article may have simply announced it prematurely. I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks or months.
daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:26 am

eabaker wrote:
lhb412 wrote:not even in Devil Wears Prada?

Death Becomes Her is the only Streep movie that I've enjoyed.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

PreviousNext

Return to Legendary's MonsterVerse