[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
How are the toys selling? Do we know? • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

How are the toys selling? Do we know?

This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film and upcoming sequels, as well as Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong!! Let everyone know what you think and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the upcoming films!!!!

Moderator: Controllers

How are the toys selling? Do we know?

Postby TerranigmaFreak » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:10 pm

I heard GINO's toys bombed with the movie, and I'm wondering how is this movie's merchandize is selling? I know a lot of diehards own the toys, but what about the general public and the kids? Do we have any numbers on sales? If they're respectable, I'm sure it'll give the franchise another boost.
TerranigmaFreak
Heisei Godzilla

Re: How are the toys selling? Do we know?

Postby walshiam » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:02 pm

The most sought after item appears to be the Jakks Pacific Godzilla. It's impossible to get them retail when they disappear the moment they get on a shelf (if they get that far).
walshiam
Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:18 pm

When my local K-Mart finally received their shipment of Godzilla toys they were all gone in a week and a half at most.

I've been to a couple Targets, on further away from me was out of everything Godzilla except for one or two King Caesars. I haven't been to the Target nearest me but they seemed to be selling through their stock pretty well too.

Of course Wal-Mart doesn't seemed to have stocked ANY of the Godzilla toys, but what the two nearest Wal-Marts to me have received as far as home video goes has been selling very well. Unfortunately neither of them received the Kraken blus so I ordered those from Barnes & Noble.

I'd like to pick of the chibi figures that Bandai made for the G2014, but everyone that was selling them for MSRP is out of stock -- it's almost like Bandai decided to put a hold sending out more their movie stuff until the film opened in Japan.

Oh, if anyone thought to look for a 1933 or 2005 size gorilla figures in comparison to the Jakks Pacific Godzilla, I figured out the approximate height to look for. For King Kong at 19 feet (Skull Island 1933) look for a figure that's about 1.5 inches tall, and for at about 25 foot tall King Kong (Empire State Bldg 1933, 2005 movie) look for a figure that's 1.7 inches tall. I've not found an appropriate figure yet, but I've only been checking whenever I'm out on other errands.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby GoDziLLaX » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:45 pm

Yeah the Jakks Godzilla seems to be sold out everywhere I go. K-mart had them on that $32.99 special and they're gone.

All the excitement over the Jakks Godzilla has me crossing my fingers and hoping for a "deluxe" version (or a version 2.0,) which has the original electronics and maybe a slightly longer set of spines. If they are to go this route, I see it happening around Christmas. Its doubtful, but you never know.
GoDziLLaX
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:45 pm

The big hit seems to be the Jakks Pacific Giant Godzilla. As for the other toys, I know Bandai made a much smaller production number than most movie toys usually get. This is smart on Bandai's behalf.

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:37 am

This Jakks Pacific Giant Godzilla sounds like the 2½-foot Ultimate Godzilla from 1998. That thing was hard to find on store shelves for a long time, then several months later I started seeing it in more than one toy store.

It seems that the particularly large Godzilla figures are the most popular ones. I guess that means that... size does matter.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Legendary's MonsterVerse