[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Just Watched Gareth Edwards' film "Monsters" • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Just Watched Gareth Edwards' film "Monsters"

This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film and upcoming sequels, as well as Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong!! Let everyone know what you think and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the upcoming films!!!!

Moderator: Controllers

Just Watched Gareth Edwards' film "Monsters"

Postby Irish Gfan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:25 am

Irish Gfan
Little Godzilla

Postby briizilla » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:24 pm

~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Kaiju Transmissions Podcast-

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It Podcast
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby metal_bryan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:32 pm

Oh no... the other has returned! :lol:

Welcome back, Brian!
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 pm

I haven't seen Monsters since its initial release, but I just bought the blu-ray and am actually kind of looking forward to watching it.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby sentaison » Fri May 10, 2013 11:40 pm

sentaison
Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Sat May 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gargantuan Gargantua » Sat May 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Gargantuan Gargantua
Heisei Godzilla

Re:

Postby VeryMacabre » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:50 pm

VeryMacabre
Godzillasaurus

Re: Just Watched Gareth Edwards' film "Monsters"

Postby Gojiraknight » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:54 am

I recently re-watched "Monsters" and wasn't enamored with it. It was OK.

The conversations felt a little too cutesy and casual for the circumstances. And I never really felt the weight and urgency of the situation.

None of this is to say "Monsters" was bad, or that I think it spells doom for "Godzilla". Solid 3 stars out of 5, I'd say.
Monster Zero's "Most Naive Person About 'The Business'" for 7 years running!
Gojiraknight
Heisei Godzilla

Postby GoDziLLaX » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:57 am

GoDziLLaX
Godzilla Jr.

Postby klen7 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:54 pm

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Cheeky_Pig » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:20 am

I got to watch "Monsters" over the summer as it was playing on either Showtime or Encore or Starz or whatever movie channel I saw it on. I have to say, I wasn't really impressed... I had seen people gushing over it and everything and, for me, it was just 'meh' overall... I mean, it is Edwards' first film, so I wasn't really expecting something that would blow me away. I came away from it feeling just sort of confused. Edwards had been picked to direct a big budget Hollywood movie, but I wasn't seeing anything in the film that pointed it out to me that he had the chops for the job. I felt like "Monsters" was an obvious amateur film that Edwards probably felt as a passion project but the execution overall seemed rather constrictive and forced. It seemed ambitious and suffered from the budget -- not to mention that I felt the acting was kinda stilted and odd... I wasn't feeling the chemistry. But that's just my opinion. I guess others are simply seeing things in it that I just didn't see or perhaps I was just not in the right mood when I saw it; regardless, it didn't really sell me on the idea of Edwards being able to handle a big budget film right afterward.

By now, I'm just expounding on a personal problem that's long past due. I would have to wait and see "Godzilla" before I wrote Edwards off, but the seemingly random choice of Edwards for director still confounds me after viewing "Monsters"...

tldr; I didn't care for "Monsters" and am no closer to understanding Legendary's choice of picking him to helm "Godzilla" off of a small, low budget indie film that happened to feature giant monsters in the story.
Cheeky_Pig
Godzillasaurus

Postby Gman2887 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:10 am

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:29 am

Yeah, they got married shortly after the film was finished.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast-

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It Podcast
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby briizilla » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:35 pm

~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:29 pm

If I didn't enjoy Monsters I'd probably have no hope for Godzilla 2014, but I liked it quite a bit! I thought the ending was very moving. Godzilla could still end up either way but from such an impressive directorial debut I can't help but be excited (other than it being Godzilla and all).

First post here by the way. :mrgreen:
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Legendary's MonsterVerse