Help cast Akira Takarada in Legendary film!

This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film and upcoming sequels, as well as Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong!! Let everyone know what you think and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the upcoming films!!!!

Moderator: Controllers

Help cast Akira Takarada in Legendary film!

Postby Cookie » Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 am

We have a facebook fan page/club, where we're trying to get as many people to to be apart of the club. What we're trying to achieve? To get Akira Takarada cast in the new film!

Just type Akira Takarada in the search on facebook, and you'll see the group!

So if you're not in the group yet, sign up! Show your support!
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer
User avatar
Cookie
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 2328
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:21 am
Location: St. Louis

Postby Reaper G » Wed May 25, 2011 10:46 am

Hasn't he already been in some legendary films?
Pest, MSTie, Foodie, G-fan, Wrestlemaniac, and geek-at-large
http://reaper_g.livejournal.com
Reaper G
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:35 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Help cast Akira Takarada in Legendary film!

Postby Henry88 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:33 am

Cookson wrote:We have a facebook fan page/club, where we're trying to get as many people to to be apart of the club. What we're trying to achieve? To get Akira Takarada cast in the new film!

Just type Akira Takarada in the search on facebook, and you'll see the group!

So if you're not in the group yet, sign up! Show your support!


would Mr.Takarada want to apart of the new movie?
User avatar
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 6967
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: Heflin,AL

Postby Benjamin Haines » Wed May 25, 2011 5:32 pm

He was in the very first Godzilla movie, so it would be really cool if he had even a cameo in the new film.
Image
User avatar
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 5016
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Help cast Akira Takarada in Legendary film!

Postby Cookie » Wed May 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Henry88 wrote:
Cookson wrote:We have a facebook fan page/club, where we're trying to get as many people to to be apart of the club. What we're trying to achieve? To get Akira Takarada cast in the new film!

Just type Akira Takarada in the search on facebook, and you'll see the group!

So if you're not in the group yet, sign up! Show your support!


would Mr.Takarada want to apart of the new movie?


Yup. It was actually brought up at G-Fest the other year. We wouldn't start the group if he said he didn't want to be.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer
User avatar
Cookie
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 2328
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:21 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: Help cast Akira Takarada in Legendary film!

Postby Henry88 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Cookson wrote:
Henry88 wrote:
Cookson wrote:We have a facebook fan page/club, where we're trying to get as many people to to be apart of the club. What we're trying to achieve? To get Akira Takarada cast in the new film!

Just type Akira Takarada in the search on facebook, and you'll see the group!

So if you're not in the group yet, sign up! Show your support!


would Mr.Takarada want to apart of the new movie?


Yup. It was actually brought up at G-Fest the other year. We wouldn't start the group if he said he didn't want to be.


it is nice to know that he wants to be in it but the big question is
will LP go for it?
User avatar
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 6967
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: Heflin,AL

Postby MouthForWar » Wed May 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Its a very sweet idea and I'd gladly join this group and sign a petition or something, but realistically speaking, when was the last time a fan campaign like this actually worked?
User avatar
MouthForWar
Controller
 
Posts: 14691
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:01 am
Location: Livonia, MI

Postby lhb412 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:55 pm

It could be a real simple deal, like we see footage of him on the news as the Japanese PM.
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 14417
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Postby Henry88 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:41 pm

MouthForWar wrote:Its a very sweet idea and I'd gladly join this group and sign a petition or something, but realistically speaking, when was the last time a fan campaign like this actually worked?


i think this has a better chance than we think, just show me the doted line
User avatar
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 6967
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: Heflin,AL

Postby TerranigmaFreak » Wed May 25, 2011 9:49 pm

He's not a white guy. Chances are slim to none that we'd be in the movie.
Image
TerranigmaFreak
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:09 pm

Postby Cookie » Wed May 25, 2011 11:06 pm

To be honset, I don't think the chances are very high either... but to me, it's just good to see all these fans getting together for a cool cause.

Why Not? It can't hurt.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer
User avatar
Cookie
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 2328
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:21 am
Location: St. Louis

Postby Flame of Udin » Wed May 25, 2011 11:41 pm

TerranigmaFreak wrote:He's not a white guy. Chances are slim to none that we'd be in the movie.


Ha?

Cookson wrote:To be honset, I don't think the chances are very high either... but to me, it's just good to see all these fans getting together for a cool cause.

Why Not? It can't hurt.


You never know, Takarada did just meet up with Mr. Banno (thanks to Brett) in Japan and being that he is a producer of the film, It wouldn't be hard at all for him to call up Edwards and explain to him who Takarada is and his interest in being in the film. Plus remember Edwards is a big fan of the original so never say never.
Last edited by Flame of Udin on Thu May 26, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Flame of Udin
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:53 pm
Location: Delray Beach, Florida

Postby Henry88 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:11 am

Flame of Udin wrote:
TerranigmaFreak wrote:He's not a white guy. Chances are slim to none that we'd be in the movie.


Ha?

Cookson wrote:To be honset, I don't think the chances are very high either... but to me, it's just good to see all these fans getting together for a cool cause.

Why Not? It can't hurt.


You never know, Takarada did just meet up with Mr. Banno (thanks to Brett) in Japan and being that he is a producer of the film, It wouldn't be hard at all for him to call up Edward's and explain to him who Takarada is and his interest in being in the film. Plus remember Edwards is a big fan of the original so never say never.


well said
User avatar
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 6967
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: Heflin,AL

Postby Gojiraknight » Thu May 26, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm actually really hoping for a Stan Lee cameo. You never see that guy anymore.
Monster Zero's "Most Naive Person About 'The Business'" for 7 years running!
User avatar
Gojiraknight
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Postby briizilla » Thu May 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TerranigmaFreak wrote:He's not a white guy. Chances are slim to none that we'd be in the movie.


Well this is a GODZILLA movie so I'd assume there would be a few Japanese actors in the cast.
~Brian~
_______________________________________

1313
briizilla
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:41 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby Flame of Udin » Thu May 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Gojiraknight wrote:I'm actually really hoping for a Stan Lee cameo. You never see that guy anymore.


Why on earth would Stan Lee make a cameo in a Godzilla film. I'm sure your joking but even as a joke it doesn't make any sense.

This thread is starting to become like many other G2012 threads sadly.
User avatar
Flame of Udin
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:53 pm
Location: Delray Beach, Florida

Postby briizilla » Thu May 26, 2011 10:26 pm

Flame of Udin wrote:
Gojiraknight wrote:I'm actually really hoping for a Stan Lee cameo. You never see that guy anymore.


Why on earth would Stan Lee make a cameo in a Godzilla film. I'm sure your joking but even as a joke it doesn't make any sense.

This thread is starting to become like many other G2012 threads sadly.


There's like 12 posts and one was a joke. Relax hoss.
~Brian~
_______________________________________

1313
briizilla
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:41 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby kidnicky » Fri May 27, 2011 7:31 am

MouthForWar wrote:Its a very sweet idea and I'd gladly join this group and sign a petition or something, but realistically speaking, when was the last time a fan campaign like this actually worked?

Betty White on SNL.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:46 pm
Location: PA

Postby kidnicky » Fri May 27, 2011 7:32 am

briizilla wrote:
TerranigmaFreak wrote:He's not a white guy. Chances are slim to none that we'd be in the movie.


Well this is a GODZILLA movie so I'd assume there would be a few Japanese actors in the cast.

Just like Dragonball Z and Last Airbender.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:46 pm
Location: PA

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:38 am

kidnicky wrote:
briizilla wrote:
TerranigmaFreak wrote:He's not a white guy. Chances are slim to none that we'd be in the movie.


Well this is a GODZILLA movie so I'd assume there would be a few Japanese actors in the cast.

Just like Dragonball Z and Last Airbender.
it's all going to depend on locale.


Godzilla shows up in NYC??? Probably very few (if any) Asian actors.

Godzilla shows up in LA??? better chance

Godzilla shows up in Japan?? Well, that's obvious



Problem is, I could see the filmmakers leaving Japan and Japanese actors out entirely not out of some irreverent stupidity, but because they don't want to step on any toes with the earthquake and subsequent tsunami...


Also, there were plenty of Asian actors in DBZ...just not the main character.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
User avatar
jellydonut25
Controller
 
Posts: 18535
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:18 am
Location: Houston, TX via Buffalo, NY

Postby Gojiraknight » Fri May 27, 2011 9:57 am

Flame of Udin wrote:
Gojiraknight wrote:I'm actually really hoping for a Stan Lee cameo. You never see that guy anymore.


Why on earth would Stan Lee make a cameo in a Godzilla film. I'm sure your joking but even as a joke it doesn't make any sense.

This thread is starting to become like many other G2012 threads sadly.


Duh...Godzilla was in Marvel comics! Unfortunately WB/LP's ownership of DC would undoubtedly put the kibbosh on that.
Monster Zero's "Most Naive Person About 'The Business'" for 7 years running!
User avatar
Gojiraknight
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri May 27, 2011 10:02 am

It does depend on where Godzilla lands, but a Takarada cameo would be cool. It certainly would indicate more acknowledgement of the fans than with GINO.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
Image
User avatar
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 18277
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:13 am
Location: Ky, USA

Postby gforever » Fri May 27, 2011 10:53 am

Gojiraknight wrote:Duh...Godzilla was in Marvel comics!


If they made a movie where Godzilla took place in the Marvel world, then we would see Spiderman, X-Men, and Iron Man, the Avengers, Thor ect. LOL Too bad LP doesn't have rights to Marvel...
<G-FoReVeR>
Image
User avatar
gforever
Godzilla
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Postby JordanGLC » Fri May 27, 2011 1:40 pm

kidnicky wrote:
MouthForWar wrote:Its a very sweet idea and I'd gladly join this group and sign a petition or something, but realistically speaking, when was the last time a fan campaign like this actually worked?

Betty White on SNL.
I remember vaguely the fans having something to do with Peter Cullen voicing Optimus in the movies, but I might have that wrong.
Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power...

My Creature Features
User avatar
JordanGLC
Godzilla
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:27 am
Location: Sacramental, CA

Postby Gojiraknight » Fri May 27, 2011 1:52 pm

JordanGLC wrote:
kidnicky wrote:
MouthForWar wrote:Its a very sweet idea and I'd gladly join this group and sign a petition or something, but realistically speaking, when was the last time a fan campaign like this actually worked?

Betty White on SNL.
I remember vaguely the fans having something to do with Peter Cullen voicing Optimus in the movies, but I might have that wrong.


Wasn't George Clooney up for that as well? Yikes.

Anyway, I think a cameo by Akira Takarada (or any of the previous films actors) is highly likely, with or without a petition. Why not? It's just a cameo. It's not like we're asking Nakajima to get back in the suit and play Godzilla.
Monster Zero's "Most Naive Person About 'The Business'" for 7 years running!
User avatar
Gojiraknight
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Next

Return to Legendary's MonsterVerse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests