[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
G'14.. Know what I can't wait for? The marketing • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

G'14.. Know what I can't wait for? The marketing

This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film and upcoming sequels, as well as Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong!! Let everyone know what you think and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the upcoming films!!!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: G'14.. Know what I can't wait for? The marketing

Postby The Shadow » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Has anything particularly interesting come out of the MUTO Research website? From what I've seen so far there only seems to have been a couple videos.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:32 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:39 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:29 pm

If only trailer views were proportional to box office performance.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby HannibalBarca » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:46 pm

true that...all it proves is that Godzilla has a very dedicated online following, which we knew already. :P
HannibalBarca
Godzilla Jr.

Postby lhb412 » Sun May 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Just saw the Fiat commercial on TV for the first time. It was on Fox during Cosmos.

Surprised that we've had two promotional tie-in commercials, both impressive productions in there own right. Fiat made original computer generated footage of the Legendgoji while Snickers built an old-fashioned Godzilla costume for there's!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby KingKaiju » Wed May 07, 2014 12:30 am

I kind of hope that we don't get any new trailers or videos until the premier of the film. So far, I like the pace that they're going with, in terms of production. It's not super underwhelming like "Pacific Rim", but it's not super over the top like "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" either. I know this is going to sound super petty and nitpicky though, but I haven't seen a Godzilla trailer in theaters yet :( . Most of the trailers have been through youtube videos and stuff, as well as a few on TV. Anyways, back to my main point, yeah… I hope they just turn it up on showing the trailers, but not drown everyone in them.
KingKaiju
Godzilla Jr.

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:31 am

I think the marketing has been about on PAR with Spider-man...it's just that the two films are targeting slightly different demographics.

Spider-man stuff is all over toy areas, supermarkets, stuff that little KIDS would see and be influenced by most.
Godzilla stuff is on car commercials, during sporting events, on primetime TV, stuff that adult males would see and be influenced by most.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby tbeasley » Thu May 08, 2014 12:25 am

Sony's Spider-Man marketing campaign is to borderline spoil everything and show all the cool stuff - I haven't gotten that vibe from Legendary at all.
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Postby kpa » Mon May 12, 2014 2:27 pm

SciFi Japan has posted an interview with Snickers Godzilla suit actor Douglas Tait along with production credits for the TV commercial.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2014 ... -godzilla/

Keith
kpa
Monster 01

Postby lhb412 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:38 pm

^Ha! Super-cool!

The behind the scenes video should be interesting.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby swfreakjpb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:57 am

EPIC MARKETING OPPORTUNITY LOSS

GOJIRA 60 yrs. old WHOPPER 60 yrs. old ... come on

And there was a US film even

BURGER KING, LEGENDARY, and TOHO, you could have had one of the biggest and best character / movie tie - ins ever.

I can hear it in my head ....... "there is only one burger that will satisfy the King of the Monsters appetite ...........

FAIL !!!!!!!!

Joined in 1997

"Godzilla doesn't give a crap about France" (Tom Green)

Where's a Giant Monster when you need one?
swfreakjpb
Godzilla

Postby Specium Ray » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:49 am

There are some things even Godzilla won't eat.
Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Postby DannyBeane » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:20 pm

Burger King is the worst fast food company ever. They used to have tasty burgers. Now everything is awful
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:01 pm

XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:46 pm

You don't get BK because it's good. You get it because it's close by and you want to exert the least amount of effort possible to get food.

Okay, maybe the least amount of effort is the cinnamon bun from the rec-room vending machine.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:38 am

You don't get or even necessarily enjoy fast food because it's GOOD...none of it is GOOD, it's just comfort food. Whatever hits that spot you can't otherwise itch.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Benjamin Haines » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:53 am

Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Previous

Return to Legendary's MonsterVerse