GODZILLA vs. KONG (November 20, 2020)

This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film and upcoming sequels, as well as Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong!! Let everyone know what you think and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the upcoming films!!!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: GODZILLA vs. KONG (March 13, 2020)

Postby Benjamin Haines » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:13 pm

Henry88 wrote:https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2480313/new-movie-releases-2020-movie-release-date-schedule
November 2020 Releases

Friday November 6th
The Eternals
Ron's Gone Wrong
Stillwater
Vivo

Friday November 13th
Untitled Paramount Family Event Movie
Untitled Universal Event Film

Friday November 20th
Happiest Season
Untitled Amblin Project
Samaritan
Untitled WB Event Film #2

Wednesday November 25th
King Richard
Raya And The Last Dragon

what would be the biggest threat?

Marvel Studios' Eternals is poised to kick off November 2020 with a bang. Previous MCU entries to open on the first weekend of November have included Thor: The Dark World (2013), Doctor Strange (2016) and Thor: Ragnarok (2017). With this release date change, Godzilla vs. Kong's opening weekend will be the third weekend for Eternals.

Thor: The Dark World earned 74.5% of its eventual domestic total in its first two weeks.
Doctor Strange earned 70.4% of its eventual domestic total in its first two weeks.
Thor: Ragnarok earned 71.6% of its eventual domestic total in its first two weeks.

So Eternals is likely to follow suit and do at least 70% of its domestic business before Godzilla vs. Kong even opens. Eternals could have a domestic opening weekend anywhere from Ant-Man ($57m) to Captain Marvel ($153m) but I think a debut closer to the first Guardians of the Galaxy ($94m) is the most likely, as that was the last example of Marvel Studios launching a new-to-cinema franchise starring a team ensemble. Point being, as long as Godzilla vs. Kong can at least match the $47m domestic debut of Godzilla: King of the Monsters, it should have no problem claiming the meaningless #1 spot at the box office on its opening weekend.

But will Godzilla vs. Kong even match the $47m domestic debut of Godzilla: King of the Monsters? Now that is the question!

Right now, the biggest threat to Godzilla vs. Kong's success is the fact that it's a sequel to Godzilla: King of the Monsters. If this delay also means that Warner Bros. intends to spend a lot more time and money altering the movie hoping that will give it more audience appeal, then the biggest threat to Godzilla vs. Kong's success is Warner Bros., much like they were for Justice League.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:21 pm

I suspected as much. I don't mind this change.

Henry88 wrote:what would be the biggest threat?

Unless they decide to rush out another "Transformers" movie and release it on that same date! :mrgreen:
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Re: GODZILLA vs. KONG (November 20, 2020)

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:21 pm

O.Supreme wrote:Well After Months of rumors...I guess we can finally change the release date on the thread title.... BOOOO!!!!

https://www.thewrap.com/godzilla-vs-kon ... mber-2020/

I'm not shocked it happened. I am a little disappointed they waited so long. I was *almost* hopeful it was actually going to come out in March, and hoping for a teaser soon...Oh well...

The Wrap, November 25, 2019:
‘Godzilla vs Kong’ Pushed to November 2020
Beatrice Verhoeven and Jeremy Fuster wrote:Warner Bros. and Legendary’s “Godzilla vs. Kong” has been pushed eight months from March 13, 2020 to November 20, 2020, multiple insiders told TheWrap.

The film was previously supposed to open in May of 2020, before it was moved up in February to March. Adam Wingard is directing, while Terry Rossio wrote the screenplay. Alexander Skarsgard, Millie Bobby Brown will star alongside Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, Eiza González, Jessica Henwick, Julian Dennison, Kyle Chandler and Demián Bichir.

Kong and Godzilla previously appeared together in the 1962 Japanese kaiju film “King Kong vs. Godzilla,” which was produced by Godzilla-owning studio Toho. The film became a massive hit and still stands as the top “Godzilla” film in terms of tickets sold in Japan.

This clash between the two icons will be the culmination of Legendary’s MonsterVerse, which is combining the worlds of King Kong and Godzilla into a single universe. The series began in earnest in 2017 with “Kong: Skull Island,” and continued with this summer’s “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” before the two finally clash next year.

But “King of the Monsters” did not perform as well as Warner Bros. had hoped, grossing $110 million domestically and $385.9 million worldwide from its release in late May/early June. By comparison, “Kong: Skull Island” grossed $168 million domestic and $566 million worldwide from its spring 2017 release, while the 2014 “Godzilla” film that served as the precursor to the MonsterVerse grossed $200 million domestic and $524.9 million worldwide.

Because of these underwhelming numbers, Warner Bros. hinted several months ago that another release date push for “Godzilla vs. Kong” would be coming. During a panel at the annual Produced By Conference held a week after “King of the Monsters” was released, WB Chairman Toby Emmerich suggested that the studio might slow down post-production on the upcoming monster crossover, which finished principal photography back in April.

“I think that ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ will deliver for fans in a way they were looking for with ‘King of the Monsters,'” Emmerich said. “But it might come out later in the year, so we can deliver an A+ movie.”

“Godzilla vs. Kong” will now be coming out two weeks after the Marvel Cinematic Universe film “Eternals,” which is set for a release on November 6. The two titans will also be sharing theaters with another oversized animal: “Clifford the Big Red Dog,” which will be released by Paramount on November 13. Other films coming out the same weekend as “Godzilla vs. Kong” include the TriStar romantic comedy “Happiest Season” starring Kristen Stewart and the MGM thriller “Samaritan” starring Sylvester Stallone.
Last edited by mr.negativity on Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:24 pm

Benjamin Haines wrote:If this delay also means that Warner Bros. intends to spend a lot more time and money altering the movie hoping that will give it more audience appeal, then the biggest threat to Godzilla vs. Kong's success is Warner Bros.

THIS is exactly what I'm afraid of. For me personally GKotM was exactly what I wanted & expected from a large budget Godzilla film. It took all the negative feedback from Godzilla 2014 into consideration, and delivered, but general audiences still didn't turn out. This is the worst example of the fickleness of the moviegoing audience.

Many people will go see any *Marvel* or *Star Wars* just because that's the name slapped on the film, even though, objectively speaking, some of them aren't very good. Unfortunately delaying a films release (in my recent memory) hasn't helped, You could have a dozen private screenings with focus groups from all different demographics and get a dozen different results. Unfortunately if Godzilla isn't a desirable IP among the general populace, then even the best made Godzilla film just isn't going to make money, and that is a shame.

I'd really like to see more films in this franchise, but unfortunately I don't see it happening whether you release the film next month, or two years from now, or just drop it on a streaming platform. For my money KotM did everything right, but if people aren't interested, they just aren't interested.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:01 am

Henry88 wrote:https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2480313/new-movie-releases-2020-movie-release-date-schedule
November 2020 Releases

Friday November 6th
The Eternals
Ron's Gone Wrong
Stillwater
Vivo

Friday November 13th

Friday November 20th
Happiest Season
Untitled Amblin Project
Samaritan

Wednesday November 25th
King Richard
Raya And The Last Dragon

Of those? Eternals, without a doubt. Any Marvel movie is going to be an instant cash machine with blitzkrieg marketing. Going up against Disney is suicide.
I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Gargantuan Gargantua » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:49 am

I was hoping they canceled it and gave the money to Daiei to make a new Gamera movie. I guess this works too...
Gargantuan Gargantua
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Dai » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:53 am

November 2020 Releases

Friday November 6th
The Eternals
Ron's Gone Wrong
Stillwater
Vivo

Friday November 13th

Friday November 20th
Happiest Season
Untitled Amblin Project
Samaritan

Wednesday November 25th
King Richard
Raya And The Last Dragon

Unless the untitled Universal movie is Jurassic World 3, the biggest threat is probably Eternals. That will be its 3rd weekend, but Marvel movies do tend to suck the oxygen out of the room for a while.

I wonder what the focus of the extra time will be: reshoots or effects. Given the depressingly tepid response to KotM, I wonder if they are retooling this one to be more Kong-centric. Or adding Mechanikong.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Outkaster » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:19 am

Gargantuan Gargantua wrote:I was hoping they canceled it and gave the money to Daiei to make a new Gamera movie. I guess this works too...

That makes no sense.
Joined in 2001.
Outkaster
Godzilla

Postby Gargantuan Gargantua » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:02 am

I'm being a smart ass.

I'd rather have a new Japanese Gamera movie then a new Monsterverse movie. low quality sh*t posting
Gargantuan Gargantua
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:09 am

Dai wrote:Unless the untitled Universal movie is Jurassic World 3, the biggest threat is probably Eternals. That will be its 3rd weekend, but Marvel movies do tend to suck the oxygen out of the room for a while.

I wonder what the focus of the extra time will be: reshoots or effects. Given the depressingly tepid response to KotM, I wonder if they are retooling this one to be more Kong-centric. Or adding Mechanikong.

Universal has set Jurassic World 3 for June 11, 2021, exactly 28 years after the original Jurassic Park.

Eternals is likely to burn through more than two-thirds of its total domestic business before Godzilla vs. Kong opens. Assuming Eternals has box office legs comparable to previous November MCU flicks (2.4x-2.73x its opening weekend), as long as it doesn't open crazy-huge like Black Panther ($200m) then its third weekend haul should be well below $47m. So as long as Godzilla vs. Kong doesn't open even lower than Godzilla: King of the Monsters, then it would be a much bigger draw than Eternals on the weekend of Nov. 20, 2020.

I just hope that this delay in release is about giving audiences more time to forget about Godzilla: King of the Monsters, and not about retooling Godzilla vs. Kong.

I'm sure that if WB hadn't blundered ahead with shooting this movie before G:KotM even opened, their reaction to G:KotM flopping would have been to cancel their plans for GvsK altogether and instead produce a straightforward sequel to Kong: Skull Island.

O.Supreme wrote:Unfortunately if Godzilla isn't a desirable IP among the general populace, then even the best made Godzilla film just isn't going to make money, and that is a shame.

I'd really like to see more films in this franchise, but unfortunately I don't see it happening whether you release the film next month, or two years from now, or just drop it on a streaming platform. For my money KotM did everything right, but if people aren't interested, they just aren't interested.

Precisely. Godzilla vs. Kong could end up being next November's Terminator: Dark Fate, another expensive attempt by Hollywood to make an event film out of IP that audiences are not demanding. Despite the assumed drawing power of two classic cinematic icons duking it out, it could very well have the lowest opening weekend of any Monsterverse entry.

Godzilla vs. Kong's box office will come down entirely to how many people want to pay money to see Godzilla and Kong battling on the big screen. Putting a year and a half between it and G:KotM (as opposed to less than a year) might help GvsK seem less like a follow-up to a Godzilla movie that people didn't like or see, and more like a standalone film unto itself. That might help make more people interested in seeing Godzilla and Kong battle on the big screen.

But retooling Godzilla vs. Kong to make it different from the movie that they finished shooting back in April isn't going to do a damn thing to make more people interested in paying to see Godzilla and Kong on the big screen. Reactionary retooling will not increase the baseline of audience interest. Changing the plot turns or the special effects won't make a difference. It will only send the budget skyrocketing way above $200m, to the point where even if GvsK by some miracle manages to top $500m in worldwide box office, it would still be a money-losing flop. After G:KotM topped out at $385m worldwide, GvsK would be lucky just to hit $400m worldwide. This movie can't afford expensive retooling.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:47 am

Actually, I did not even realize that "Eternals" was a Marvel thing until recently, and it is a good bet that general movie going audience probably thinks the same. Heck, I am willing to bet, that they know more about Godzilla and Kong than "Eternals". Of course, when the movie is about to come out, they will shower it with the Marvel label, just to remind everyone.

Frankly, I am not worried. If it was competing against an "Avengers" movie, then hell yes. "Eternals" will no doubt do well. But since we are now past these major phases in the Marvel Universe, how much of an interest will this movie have to the general filmgoing public? I know, I am probably underestimating the impact of this Marvel film, but we shall see.
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby GFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:30 am

Bummer news, but not surprising considering we hadn't even gotten a teaser trailer or any promo pictures yet.

Hopefully there hasn't been any JUSTICE LEAGUE-level retooling efforts (or something similar to the RISE OF SKYWALKER rumors) and WB is just trying to give the movie a more opportunistic release spot.
GFan
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:31 am

GFan wrote:Hopefully there hasn't been any JUSTICE LEAGUE-level retooling efforts (or something similar to the RISE OF SKYWALKER rumors) and WB is just trying to give the movie a more opportunistic release spot.

I am actually hoping for some retooling. I wasn't thrilled with KOTM on a number of levels, i hope there was some lessons learned and they are refining the film into something better (without running costs to the point that the movie is too big to succeed)
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Deadline, November 27, 2019:
Sylvester Stallone MGM Thriller ‘Samaritan’ Heads To Early December 2020
Anthony D'Alessandro wrote:Sylvester Stallone’s MGM thriller Samaritan is heading to Dec. 11, 2020. I hear that the actual reason for the move was that the Stallone film needs more time to be completed. That’s one week after the first weekend in December which following Black Friday weekend is a no man’s zone for wide entries. Samaritan becomes the only wide entry as of right now on Dec. 11. The following weekend Dec. 18 has Legendary/Warner Bros.’ Dune, Sony’s Uncharted, Paramount’s Coming to America 2, and Amblin/Fox’s Steven Spielberg West Side Story reboot.

Samaritan on its old date leaves behind Warner Bros./Legendary’s Godzilla vs. Kong, Sony’s Kristen Stewart-Mackenzie Davis pic Happiest Season, an untitled Amblin movie plus the expansion of Tom McCarthy’s untitled Focus Features movie.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Russzilla » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:53 am

Gwangi wrote:Actually, I did not even realize that "Eternals" was a Marvel thing until recently, and it is a good bet that general movie going audience probably thinks the same. Heck, I am willing to bet, that they know more about Godzilla and Kong than "Eternals". Of course, when the movie is about to come out, they will shower it with the Marvel label, just to remind everyone.

Frankly, I am not worried. If it was competing against an "Avengers" movie, then hell yes. "Eternals" will no doubt do well. But since we are now past these major phases in the Marvel Universe, how much of an interest will this movie have to the general filmgoing public? I know, I am probably underestimating the impact of this Marvel film, but we shall see.

I remember the same thing being said about Guardians of the Galaxy in terms of interest, not knowing what GOTG was about, etc.
Just sayin.
Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 am

Russzilla wrote:
Gwangi wrote:Actually, I did not even realize that "Eternals" was a Marvel thing until recently, and it is a good bet that general movie going audience probably thinks the same. Heck, I am willing to bet, that they know more about Godzilla and Kong than "Eternals". Of course, when the movie is about to come out, they will shower it with the Marvel label, just to remind everyone.

I remember the same thing being said about Guardians of the Galaxy in terms of interest, not knowing what GOTG was about, etc.
Just sayin.

Yes, I am aware of that, but that was taking place in the middle of a major build up. This next phase in the MCU is a BIG question mark. Not saying that "Eternals" will perform poorly. It will most definitely do well. Is it going to take away box-office from "Godzilla vs. Kong"? That remains to be seen. My gut says no, but come November 2020, we shall see.
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:12 pm

For me personally it may just be a matter of time passing and me becoming forgetful, or just having other priorities. But those Marvel Trading cards in the early 90s were a treasure trove of knowledge. I knew about the Guardians of the Galaxy, but I can safe say I've never heard of the Eternals. If they've been around since before the 90s, then it truly did slip my notice.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:00 pm

klen7 wrote:I am actually hoping for some retooling. I wasn't thrilled with KOTM on a number of levels, i hope there was some lessons learned and they are refining the film into something better (without running costs to the point that the movie is too big to succeed)

I worry that those two goals are mutually exclusive - retooling the film in response to G:KotM's reception but keeping the budget from ballooning so much that even a best-case box office run isn't enough. I don't think it's possible for WB & Legendary to achieve both, especially since Godzilla vs. Kong probably already has a budget at least on par with Kong: Skull Island ($185m+) and probably already needs another worldwide box office haul of more than $500m to break even. If it gets significantly more expensive from retooling then it'll need to be the biggest global hit of the Monsterverse by a lot just to break even.

This is the risk of commencing production on the next franchise installment before its predecessor has even opened. WB bet big on the assumed drawing power of Godzilla based on the 2014 film's unexpectedly huge opening and its ultimately profitable finish despite how frontloaded it was. They clearly thought that there was high demand for more Godzilla and that all they needed to do was make the films much more action-oriented than G'14 in order to please audiences. Now they've got G:KotM as a money-losing flop on their 2019 slate and they've already spent at least as much money on the follow-up that's probably tonally and stylistically similar. If G:KotM had been a well-received hit, Godzilla vs. Kong would still be opening in March and we'd have seen the first trailer by now.

Completely overhauling an already-shot film in response to its predecessor's backlash amounts to a lot more than just the standard late-game reshoots that most big productions factor into their budgets from the outset. It's the kind of thing that sends production costs soaring. That's how Justice League's budget went upwards of $300m, Solo ended up costing $275m and Dark Phoenix cost north of $200m. In none of those cases did the retooling make the films play any better with paying audiences, while their inflated budgets turned the disappointing box office returns into outright disasters. Godzilla vs. Kong is very unlikely to emerge from that minefield unscathed if WB takes it down the same reactionary road as Justice League.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Jinzo Ningen » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:17 am

Depends on just who authorizes the 're-tooling' and what & how much of it that they feel needs work. Hell, trimming a couple of minutes out of G:KotM to excise all of the insultingly stupid jokes (and a few blue words) would've made that film worlds better, IMHO. And something like that just takes a few folks in an editing suite for a day or two. Now if they intend to start adding things (re-shoots, VFX, etc), THEN the budget starts inflating rapidly. However if they're able to tweak existing footage or re-cut with alternate takes or whatnot (for whatever reason) then it wouldn't be anywhere near as costly. It all depends on exactly what it is they were trying to achieve... and this is obviously IF they plan on doing anything to the film at all - other than sitting on it for an additional 6 months prior to release.
Jinzo Ningen
Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Even if Godzilla vs. Kong was still set to open in March, it would still be in post-production at this time so editing out certain scenes or lines of dialogue wouldn't be something that would require an eight-month delay. That's why I fear this delay might indicate more significant retooling, like completely reshooting existing scenes just to give the actors different dialogue. What good did it do Justice League to give the characters more quips and one-liners than there were in Batman v Superman? It didn't make a difference.

The most common complaints about Godzilla: King of the Monsters from people who saw the film can be boiled down to 1) "I thought the action scenes were too dark & rainy," 2) "I didn't care about the human story," and 3) "I didn't laugh at the humor."

I can see complaint #1 being a major change that WB might be trying to make with GvsK. If a lot of the monster fight scenes are set at night and/or in heavy weather, that's something they might be actively trying to change in response to G:KotM's backlash. Regardless of whether that might make for better onscreen spectacle, it definitely wouldn't be a cheap or easy alteration. They would need to reshoot the live-action plates for those sequences, possibly reshoot scenes with some of the cast, and redo much of the digital effects work they've already done.

But the biggest complaint regarding G:KotM didn't come from people who saw it. It came from people who decided not to go see it because they didn't care about seeing a new Godzilla movie. As unpleasant as it is to admit it, Godzilla really is the root of the problem with this upcoming crossover in terms of WB's ability to sell it to the public.

Most people are not Godzilla fans, not in the dedicated "I post on Godzilla message boards" sense and not even in the casual "I'll watch a big Godzilla blockbuster if Hollywood offers it" sense. The 2014 film was able to draw a lot of curious lookie-loos on opening weekend because it was the first Hollywood Godzilla film in a generation and thus the first Godzilla film that many people ever actually watched. It did not get audiences jazzed about the prospect of a sequel and it was just as frontloaded as GINO was in 1998. WB's hope was that the web-based nerd criticisms of G'14 reflected the general audience sentiment, that audiences really wanted to see more of Godzilla and the sequel just needed to be action-heavy, but that was not the case. G:KotM was as frontloaded as G'14 and GINO'98. In the real world, most people just aren't interested in Godzilla as a character.

That's why, even more than changing the action sequences to clear daylight, I wonder if this eight-month delay is about WB trying to retool Godzilla's role in the story. G:KotM was meant to get audiences cheering for Godzilla and GvsK was probably made with that in mind. The version of GvsK that wrapped shooting back in April probably portrays Godzilla in a heroic light and the story probably ends with the door left wide open for further Godzilla adventures. WB is in a very tricky situation trying to sell Godzilla vs. Kong to a public that has shown rapidly declining interest in Godzilla, so I wonder if they might be hedging their bets on audience interest in Kong and retooling the movie accordingly.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gargantuan Gargantua » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:23 pm

^^^ I would like to comment on the dark/rainy action sequences.

G'14 has dark action sequences.
Pacific Rim has rainy and dark action sequences.

Both of those movies I like a lot despite those attributes.

KoTM's action sequences are in both of those conditions. The difference is the shots have a lot of tight shots with shaky cam and TONS of things that take up the entire screen like Ghidorahs beams or debris flying at the camera. So when you throw the low light and snow/rain on top of these shots it makes it unbearable. Now I will admit, I have not watched since my IMax showing and probably will someday watch at home. Maybe that will change my mind but I can't sit through that movie at the moment.

That being said, I think them changing the effects to be easier to watch is not going to bring the money in. No matter what they do there isn't enough public interest in the genre to justify spending 170-200 million dollars on a Godzilla movie. Unless the novelty of Kong vs. Godzilla draws them in, this is the end of American produced Godzilla movies.
Gargantuan Gargantua
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:00 pm

It's a small tweak, but I hope they slow the Titan action down in GvK. One of the things I love about Pacific Rim is the giant things move ponderously, with the impression of real weight. Even in Skull Island, Kong felt like he had real mass. In KOTM, Ghidorah's heads struck with snake-speed. Mothra and Rodan wheeled about like kites. The quick actions made the monsters feel, I don't know... artificial (yes, I realize how that sounds).
I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Gwangi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:11 am

Gargantuan Gargantua wrote:Unless the novelty of Kong vs. Godzilla draws them in, this is the end of American produced Godzilla movies.

Somehow I doubt that. Yes, if this one does not produce then that will probably be it for at least a while. But I feel that there will always be that next generation of fans that would like to see a G film done with the newest technology. It happened in the 90s, and again the in the 2010s. I think it will happen beyond 2020.

Gentleman wrote:It's a small tweak, but I hope they slow the Titan action down in GvK. One of the things I love about Pacific Rim is the giant things move ponderously, with the impression of real weight. Even in Skull Island, Kong felt like he had real mass. In KOTM, Ghidorah's heads struck with snake-speed. Mothra and Rodan wheeled about like kites. The quick actions made the monsters feel, I don't know... artificial (yes, I realize how that sounds).

I have been harping on that for some time. Gone are the days where you had Haruo Nakajima or even Ray Harryhausen going to zoos to study the movements of slow animals, and instead we get these creatures with lightening speed! While I very much enjoyed "G:KOTM", I could have done without certain scenes such as of Godzilla charging Ghidrah in Boston (I was hoping that it was a dream sequence).

Unless World War III starts, I am not worried about this production because the movie IS coming! How we will reflect on it afterwards is the only real question.
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:28 am

do we know what WB is doing to this movie or is everybody just getting there crystal balls out?
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby GFan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:56 am

Henry88 wrote:do we know what WB is doing to this movie or is everybody just getting there crystal balls out?

Crystal balls at the ready! :lol:
GFan
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to Legendary's MonsterVerse