Genndy Tartakovsky’s ‘Primal’

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Genndy Tartakovsky’s ‘Primal’

Postby mr.negativity » Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Collider:
Watch: First Trailer for Genndy Tartakovsky’s Bloody New Adult Swim Series ‘Primal’
phpBB [media]

THR MAY 14, 2019:
'Samurai Jack' Creator Sets Next Adult Swim Series
Rick Porter wrote:The creator of Samurai Jack is going back in time for his next Adult Swim series.

The WarnerMedia-owned cabler has ordered an animated show called Primal from Genndy Tartakovsky. The pickup extends the more than two-decade relationship between Tartakovsky and Adult Swim/Cartoon Network, where he also created Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack and the first iteration of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Primal is set in prehistoric times and focuses on "a caveman at the dawn of evolution and a dinosaur on the brink of extinction." Their unlikely bond becomes the only hope of survival in a violent primordial world.

The half-hour series is scheduled to premiere in the fall.

The pickup for Primal follows series orders for Birdgirl, a Harvey Birdman spinoff starring Paget Brewster, and live-action comedy Three Busy Debras, which counts Amy Poehler among its executive producers. Adult Swim is also developing a Blade Runner anime series set between the timelines of the two films in the franchise.

The new shows join Adult Swim flagship Rick and Morty — which earned a massive 70-episode renewal in 2018 — the long-running Robot Chicken, Tigtone, Hot Streets, Joe Pera Talks With You and a host of others in the channel's lineup of original series.

After a 13-year gap, Tartakovsky brought a final season of Samurai Jack to Adult Swim in 2017 (the original run aired on Cartoon Network). The show was a strong performer, winning its time period among Adult Swim's core young-adult audience each week it aired and averaging 1.36 million same-day viewers per episode.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Genndy Tartakovsky’s ‘Primal’

Postby lhb412 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:04 pm

Holy hell. This looks like the most badass thing ever. I'm close to being speechless.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby william newell » Wed May 15, 2019 2:55 am

Neat!
william newell
Heisei Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sat May 18, 2019 11:35 pm

Pretty cool -- looks like there's some inspiration from Doug Wildey's designs for JONNY QUEST (that pterosaur in particular stands out ). Some of it also reminds me of Alex Toth's work too.

The description also reminds me a bit of Hanna-Barbera's DINO BOY IN THE LOST VALLEY; except it's not a LOST WORLD situation with a modern kid in the mix, just the caveman and pet dinosaur idea.

I hope we get to see some more clips, maybe even a short scene sometime soon.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!