[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
New Spider-Man animated series for 2017! • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

New Spider-Man animated series for 2017!

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby O.Supreme » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:11 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/f9fddbbc-6 ... imate.html

well after 4 seasons and 104 episodes Ultimate-Spider-Man the longest running Spidey Series in terms of episodes (but not seasons...that still goes to Fox's 1994 series which had 5 seasons, but only 65 episodes), is finished. and all I can say is....Buh-Bye....

*edit* I did some research and came up with an amazing little factoid. In the 39 months (From November 1994 to January 1997) it took to air all 65 episodes of the 1990's Spider-Man (5 seasons of 13 episodes each), it took the exact same amount of time to air 65 episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney (From April 2012 to June 2015)=39 months. Its just that as we all know USM seasons are longer, so at the same pont USM was only 1/2 way through its 3rd season. I would have been interesting to see, had network ego's not gotten involved, how much longer Fox's Spider-Man could have gone on. It definitely could have gone 104 episodes*

Although I assume it was amazingly popular with kids, USM has been notoriously panned by older fans of comics and animation for being a pale advertisement for the MCU, and just overall lacking substance, though there have been flashes of decency over its 4 season run. I don't even post in the USM thread anymore though I still watch on a regular basis, kind of looking forward to how the series will end, though I felt S3 had a pretty big ending.

My only wish for the new series is 1) -Jeph Loeb has nothing to do with it. 2) It is just not a cheap copy of MCU "Spider-Man Homecoming" -I dont want to the characters to sound like imitation of the movie characters, and the character designs to look like the movie designs. Though I have been vocal in the pst about my dislike of the animation style of the much beloved Spectacular Spider-Man, I acknowledge now at least the writing of the episodes was fairly good, just cant get past that fugly animation. Still fans of that series might like the first glimpse of the new Spider-Man as it has similarities to that one.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: New Spider-Man animated series for 2017!

Postby mbozzo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:28 pm

I was hoping to see a final movie for the Ultimate Spider-Man series where Spidey and his friends defeated the Sinister Six before we get the next Spider-Man series. :(
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:35 am

Well there is a 2 part series finale, details as to its plot haven't been revealed yet...I would think it would have something to do with the S6...but with this series, you never know. It is scheduled to air in January sometime
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:13 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby sentaison » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:50 pm

Decent enough action. I've been watching the Spectacular Spider-Man on Blu-ray, so this will have to good to impress me. Of course it doesn't have to be that great to be better than Ultimate was.
sentaison
Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:08 am

Wow, very cheap looking. See the low-res clipart look of that plane in the beginning: very reminiscent of bad animation of the late '90s and early '00s. Makes me nostalgic for bottom-rung syndication!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:02 pm

That looks awful, the voice acting is bad. How is this a return to Classic Spidey?
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:34 am

Yeah...home-made Spidey-suit right out of the gate, gives me the pale "Homecoming Imitation" feel....

I mean I know even back in 1992, Batman TAS modeled its Penguin off of the Danny DeVito portrayal in Batman Returns since that film was fresh in everyone's minds, and the theme song is a variant of Danny Elfman's but most all the characters were very reminiscent of comic-book adaptations. The fact that Disney is insisting that their animated series have a visual look and feel so close to the MCU is continually disappointing. MCU is fine for its movies, the animated series should use the deep well of comic book history to its advantage.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby sentaison » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:56 am

I'm willing to see if they can put together and keep to a decent storyline. There were some pretty decent episodes in the Ultimate series, but overall it's a meh. I won't miss it if I never see it again. But I'm not holding my breath on that. Spectacular dug into the old Spidey mythos and gave it a few good twists and curves in the storytelling. Not to mention some great action.
sentaison
Godzilla

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!