[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
The Real Ghostbusters • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

The Real Ghostbusters

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

The Real Ghostbusters

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:15 pm

Greetings All,

Well the recent GB films *kind of* did what I would have hoped. The animated Series "The Real Ghostbusters" is getting rereleased on DVD, though I do wish I would have splurged for the "Firehouse" box set that Time/Life put out a few years back, as much as I am against novelty box sets, it really is the best release of the show. The current releases of 1-5 (and 6-10 in September), get most of the series to DVD again, hopefully there will be an additional 2-3 more to finish the set, but the fact that they are all single disc gives me revervations. I'm holding out hoping a full set will come out around the time of the new GB DVD release.

Anyway...you can still find these online pretty easily. I haven't watched this show in a long time. Though in its first year it was uniquely airing both on a major network on Saturday morning, plus a syndicated 65 episode M-F run. Most successful shows were in one format or the other, GB was one of the few I recall being on BOTH at the same time.

But the episodes themselves are pretty interesting. Of course the ones written by JMS are by far the best of the bunch. But there are a couple of gems even later in the series. I've only watched 4 of the 100+ episodes, but the first from syndication "Knock Knock" has some pretty disturbing imagery, I don't know how I wasn't scared of this as a kid.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: The Real Ghostbusters

Postby mbozzo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:41 pm

I remembered watching the Real Ghostbusters when it first went on television. It been a while since I last saw it, and I don't remember if I saw all the episodes. :oops:
mbozzo
Godzilla

Re: The Real Ghostbusters

Postby O.Supreme » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:18 am

Although it was not listed on any of the sites which feature "Whats new on Netflix", I just discovered to my pleasant surprise that the entire series is up for watching on Netflix(sans the comedic slimer shorts) which isn't a bad thing.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!