[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
“Ghostbuster: Ecto Force” • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

“Ghostbuster: Ecto Force”

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

“Ghostbuster: Ecto Force”

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:52 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: “Ghostbuster: Ecto Force”

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:53 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:24 am

trust me, my friends and I knew very well the difference between TRG & Filmations GB. In fact, at the time, we had stumbled upon a VHS of the Prescott/Scheimer live action Ghost Busters from the 70's (I think it was a couple episodes fused together to make a telefilm?) but we thought it was extremely boring, but we knew it was the source material for Filmations GB. And while TRG will always stand the test of time as the far superior series, Filmations GB has a goofy charm now, that I can still appreciate.

We knew Arsenio Hall (from his late night show) was the voice of Winston (until it changed to Buster Jones). We knew Venkman was the voice of "Garfield" uncle it changed to "Uncle Joey" from full house. We knew Ray Stanz & Slimer were the voices I had heard in a hundred other cartoons (Frank Welker), and years later I would hear The Brain and think---That's the same voice at TRG Egon (Maurice LaMarche)

all that aside...a new animated series will be interesting, depending on the premise. I just hope if the new film fails, this will not put off execs from making a new animated series
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:55 am

Filmation actually owned the trademark on "Ghostbusters" due to the 70s live action show, they had to sue to get some compensation from Columbia Pictures. (Unfortunately, not much help as the studio would be shuttered a few years after the movie came out).

I think Lou Scheimer regretted not making the cartoon rights apart of the lawsuit deal (I'm not sure if it was a settlement or full court judgement). Filmation did offer to produce a movie-Ghostbusters cartoon for Columbia, I think they even did some preliminary work but the studio cancelled the plans and turned to DiC to develop The Real Ghostbusters.

Filmation still gets a lot of undeserved flack for it's use of limited animation at times, namely He-Man, but that's more a factor of the budget they're given to work with. When Mattel worked with Filmation to develop the She-Ra cartoon they gave Filmation a much improved budget to work with and it shows in the end product when you compare the two shows.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Specium Ray » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:14 am

I knew about the 70's series that was allegedly Dan Akroyd's inspiration, but I recently learned about several haunted house films called The Ghost Breakers which are all based on a 1909 play of the same name. Tell me you don't get a Peter Venkman vibe from Bob Hope in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSUAxJldvl8
Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Postby The Shadow » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:09 pm

I don't know if Filmation's live action t.v. show itself was any inspiration for the movie, it always seemed to me that it was just a trademark issue (Filmation having the trademark on variations of "Ghost Busters") that no one at Columbia thought to check up on until it was too late.

Definitely agree on the similar Venkman-Hope vibe in the clip; years ago when I first watched The Ghost Breakers (1940) {sometime in the early 90s I think} it seemed to me that surely the earlier movie has served as concept inspiration for Ghostbusters. I didn't know The Ghost Breakers was adapted from a play, or that it has had multiple movie verisons. I wonder if TCM will run a themed day or night of The Ghost Breakers and similar movies to coincide with the new Ghostbusters movie's theatrical release?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:30 pm

^ Ackroyd has said Ghostbusters was intended as an update of older comedians + spooky stuff movies like Bob Hope and Abbot and Costello used to do.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:44 am

XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:45 am

The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Re: "Ghost Smashers"

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:12 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!