[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Kong-Kong of the Apes New animated series now on Netflix • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Kong-Kong of the Apes New animated series now on Netflix

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Kong-Kong of the Apes New animated series now on Netflix

Postby O.Supreme » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:19 pm

Last edited by O.Supreme on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Kong-Kong of the Apes New animated series now on Netflix

Postby lhb412 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:18 pm

I've seen a few bits of it, and while it seems to err on the 'not great' side of things I think the monsters and the fight animation looks pretty cool. If I were a kid I'd eat this show up.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:27 pm

^absolutely, my son who is 10 just finished watching them all. I peeked in and out on occasion. I would like to watch them, it just isn't high on the priority list right now. Maybe in a couple of months when most shows go into reruns for the summer. I'm not saying they should have made the show FOR adult fans...but with the whole Kong/Godzilla CU that LP is building, I would have thought they would have done...just something a little more appealing to build interest... maybe in some episodes have stories about monsters or mutations rather than just Robot Dinosaurs.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby JordanGLC » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Just watched most of the first episode. Not bad for what it is (something for the kids). Unlocking extra battle scenes by watching episodes was kinda neat I thought.
Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power...

JordanGLC
Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:03 am

^ i kind of got annoyed by the "POWER UP UNLOCKED" popping up on the screen
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:27 am

Hrmm... Is that something exclusive to certain viewing formats? (DVD players PS/Xbox??) We watch Netflix on Wii, and I don't recall seeing that, nor has my son mentioned it.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:27 pm

I was watching this while working out.

It's awful.
The animation is garbage. The bad guy is so OBVIOUSLY bad, and he's the hero's twin brother...they grow up together and the one is like "I like nature!" and the bad guy is like "WAH! Kong is a butthole! I'm gonna make dino robots! I'm evil! I hate everyone!" and the dad is like, "Hm. I bet I should let you work closely in my lab with Kong and I. I'll even let you make a shock collar for Kong, because there's no way that can possibly backfire."
Kong is literally the last ape on Earth, and it's been that way for a while, but a character comes in and is like "I'm a professional ape Vet!" and then she's like "Oh and my son is a CERTIFIED animal whisperer and can talk to apes!"
There's a parrot that is sentient.
A stereotypical Spanish maid.
A "hot" robot chick that this one guy hits on ALL the time, despite knowing she's a robot.
Kong is considered "dangerous" despite the ONLY thing he does in the show up to that point being saving a family, so he's put on Alcatraz because it's "impossible to escape" (for HUMANS! Not giant Apes! You've literally made the situation even WORSE!) Then, they build robot dinosaurs on the island for funsies...and the robot expert forgets to put controls into them so they run amok because obviously. Then Kong fights them and the robot guy is like '"OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!" KONG! He's a DICK!"
Kong is called "Kong, King of the Apes" like four times through dialogue.
Kong blows boogers on people and trees a bunch of times.
There are only like handfuls of REAL animals left on Earth, and the bad guy, who is part-owner of Kong Island (what they re-name Alcatraz to), is like "Let's just make robots, "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!" real animals" and keeps making robots and there's like no system of checks on his "power"?
The kid who can talk to animals literaly whispers like "shugga hugga waggah" and then the animal listen to him.
The whole purpose of it being set in the future, though, really is so when people shoot, it's lazers instead of bullets.
It's really cliché and stupid too, with the bad guy's plan being one of those things where anyone who has a BRAIN could see what's ACTUALLY going on, but because the show needs Kong to an outlaw, it's the way the show goes.
It's also BORING. and before too long, it becomes REALLY obviously that it's just a few episodes of the show crammed together and they're calling it a "movie," kinda like they did with Clone Wars.
It's BAD.

It got a LITTLE better at the end, when there were action beats, and if the actual run of the show is more like that (since I only watched the pilot movie), then I could maybe see it appealing to kids, but it's SUPER boring for the first hour, and I really don't think I'll ever watch any more of the show.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby JordanGLC » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:27 pm

Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power...

JordanGLC
Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:36 am

Last edited by O.Supreme on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Godzilla4ev » Tue May 03, 2016 12:59 pm

The sea rose as a wall of sharp spines sliced thru the surface. The water boiled and churned as fish of all species floated on their sides, dead. Godzilla, the demon god had emerged.
Godzilla4ev
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:33 pm

I kinda disagree. I mean, I guess for kids young enough to literally not care about anything other than bright colors, you have a point. It's a bright colorful show. But I feel like I'd have been BORED by this as even a ten year old kid. I mean, I've grown to like Monster Zero over the years because of the characters and such, but as a kid in second grade, I hated it because it was "boring." I feel like second grade me would have checked out of this sometime during the first hour and started playing with toys or something while this played in the background, waiting for something to happen.

Pre-school me probably would have liked it...hard to know for sure though.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Zack Metoyer » Sat May 07, 2016 1:45 pm

It's really boring and kids do not like it.
Zack Metoyer
Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Mine lost interest quickly. She usually will watch anything that has a girl character regardless of quality, and she even asked why there wasn't a girl in the show.. I guess robo girl, the maid and zoologist #2 didn't get enough screen time for her.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:15 pm

I couldn't even finish the pilot. I was bored to tearssssss
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!