[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Guardians of the Galaxy • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Guardians of the Galaxy

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Guardians of the Galaxy

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Greetings All,

Well now this is sad... this show doesn't even have a thread, 10 episodes in, and returning on Feb 21st for some more season 1 goodness (along with Ultimate Spider-Man's 4th season premiere). Since replacing Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, I find this new Guardians series to be the least offensive of Marvel/Disney's offerings to date. Sure it is generic movie-verse versions of the characters, but since it was not based on a previously better series, there is less to be upset about I guess. The animation is decent. The VA's are well known veterans. Hopefully however in time the show will be bold enough to break away from the movie verse mold and add characters such as Adam Warlock, Quasar etc...

Also-if any admin wants to combine all the Disney/Marvel toon threads (Spider-Man, Avengers, Guardians) feel free.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

Postby The Shadow » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:39 pm

Gosh, I kept forgetting to post about the GotG cartoon. On the whole I like the show, there's been some good stories that dealt with the characters' backgrounds and the overall arc of the show seems to have a good setup. The likely biggest weakness is as a movie based show it has to present the main characters as they were in during the course of the movie rather than where character development brought them to at the end of the movie, but that's almost unavoidable for a movie based cartoon and the team making the show seems to trying to overcome that as much as they can which is a plus.

Even with only 10 episodes in the GOTG show reminds me of Godzilla: The Series and Men In Black: The Series -- both solid shows that carried over & enhanced the world of their respective movies. I think GotG has the potential to be comparatively stronger series because it has already set up an overarching story.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!