[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
New Justice League Animated Series coming to CN • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

New Justice League Animated Series coming to CN

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: New Justice League Animated Series coming to CN

Postby Gentleman » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:56 am

I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Specium Ray » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Postby XvGojira » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:41 pm

XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:47 pm

The new JL show actually kinda reminds me of the original Teen Titans: stylized mix of lighter, comedy-oriented stuff with straightforward action and bunch of deep-cut characters.

... well, Brave and the Bold was like that, too, but it was more more bombastic in its Silver Age weirdness.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:15 pm

A clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_tzyQFyENQ

Man, that bat-voice doesn't match that bat-face.
I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby O.Supreme » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:31 pm

OK...so I decided to take the plunge and marathon a bunch of these. Only the first few episodes have aired in the U.S., but in the UK they have aired the first third or so of the season, I've watched 10 episodes and here are my general thoughts...

It is really a mixed bag. I will be the first to admit I was wrong in thinking I would totally hate it. I do not hate it. In fact I find it pretty enjoyable, but there are certainly some things I wish were different.

I like that, as the name implies, it is actually an "action" series, not purely a dumb comedy, though there is plenty of that to go around. It's been a little over 3 years since CN aired their last DC action based animated series and put on Teen Titans Go! (what I refer to as "The Dark Times"). I am not ready to forgive CN yet. They still have a long, long way to go, hopefully if there are any changes at the top, they can clear out a lot of the garbage comedies, only time will tell. The stories are well written, and the voice acting talent as always with DC series is top notch, with many familiar VA's returning to voice the same, or different characters. Diedrich Bader as Booster Gold, Mark Hamill as Swamp Thing were a couple I was impressed with. John DiMaggio as Lobo referring to Hawkman as a "Living, breathing chicken nugget" I have to admit, that made me LOL!

I'm not a fan f the 11 minute format, but I guess being that this is the way the series is going, we can call it the "Super Friends" of this generation. Simple plots that are all resolved in 11 minuets. The animation is also horrid. It reminds me of Transformers: Animated. Horrible , god awful animation, wrapped around well written, entertaining stories. I still am waiting for the day we can have both good animation & well written stories, I guess I'll have to wait for Young Justice' return to get that.

All that aside, I'd say anyone who is a fan of the DCAU, or any other DC shows the WB produced up until CN shafted them, I'd definitely give this show a chance. The good news is, if you hate it, you've only lost 11 minuets.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:39 pm

So...as with many shows now, that have a short format, its all the rage to post even shorter videos online for YouTube consumption/advertisement. Or to show between shows & commercials on network TV. I usually miss these completely, if they were included with the DVD releases it would be nice...but anyway, I did manage to catch this one, and I think it is one of the most awesome things I've seen in a long time. It's a shame its so short...

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!