[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Saturday Morning Cartoons Through the Years • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Saturday Morning Cartoons Through the Years

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Saturday Morning Cartoons Through the Years

Postby hanshotfirst1138 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Most of my childhood favorites-Beast Wars, Pirates of Dark Water, ReBoot, SWAT Kats, Samurai Jack-have gotten DVD releases, even if it's only as DVD-R Archive releases. I'm curious, any Might Max fans around? Anyone know who the current rights-holders are? Along with the second season of the The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest, Hanna-Barbera's Godzilla cartoon, and a few others, it's one of the few I haven't gotten. Well, that and JLU on Blu-ray. Any chance of it getting picked up by Mill Creek, Shout, or someone similar?
"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death
hanshotfirst1138
Little Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:13 pm

XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby hanshotfirst1138 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:13 am

"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
hanshotfirst1138
Little Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:45 pm

I'd rather pay an elevated price for a pressed disc than actually PAY someone real-money for a DVD-R. I'll never get anything from Warner Archive.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby The Shadow » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:02 am

Not all the Warner Archive releases are burned discs, some of the big sets are getting initial releases as regular pressed DVDs and I believe the blu-rays they're releasing have all been pressed discs. WBshop and the Warner Archive storefront are good about indicating if a release is a burned disc, at least the last time I checked anyways.

The thing that always bugged me about the burned discs (outside the degradation potential) was that WA was asking around $20 a movie (I believe) for burned discs. They could at least have passed the savings onto the customer, $10 for a movie on a burned disc would be a reasonable asking price. Even if WA (or a middleman if there is one) had to burn a small supply to have on hand, the movies are still on a burned disc at the end of the day, they're made on the very same tech consumers have access too (albeit on a smaller scale).
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:41 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972%E2%8 ... morning%29

8:00 The Bugs Bunny Show
8:30 Hmmm... Jetsons for the winter, and Jackson 5ive when it takes the slot in the spring.
9:00 The Pink Panther Show for the spring, The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan (amazing title, btw) in the spring
9:30 The New Scooby-Doo Movies, that's a top-five Scooby show for me - but, I may turn over to The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie a few times. That was an anthology series of one hour animated specials produced by various companies, and I'd really like a chance to see Popeye Meets the Man Who Hated Laughter; a big team-up story featuring dozens of newspaper strip characters.
10:30 Josie and the Pussycats
11:00 I guess I'll have to go with The Flintstones Comedy Hour
12:00 The Funky Phantom
12:30 Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids... though I might travel back in time to warn my younger self about that guy
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby hanshotfirst1138 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:29 pm

hanshotfirst1138
Little Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:38 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:57 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973%E2%8 ... morning%29

8:00 Sorry Lidsville, but I'm naturally going with The Bugs Bunny Show
8:30 Inch High Private Eye in the winter, Addams Family when schedule changes in the Spring
9:00 The New Scooby-Doo Movies
10:00 Ooh, this is a toughy right here, the stereotypical '70s cartoons: live-action TV spin-offs of dubious quality. There are no winners here, but I think I'll go with Lassie's Rescue Rangers - hey, she had Rescue Rangers way before Chip and Dale, huh?
10:30 Speaking of live-action spin-offs, we now have Star Trek: The Animated Series! This is great because it's the first new, quality action cartoon on Saturday Mornings in ages. I'm sure 1973 kid me is a big fan of Star Trek reruns anyway, so this is great.
11:00 Sid and Marty's Sigmund and the Sea Monsters
11:30 Hmmm, I'll go with either Josie and the Pussycats or The Pink Panther depending on my whims that day.
12:00 The Jetsons rerun
12:30 Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
Last edited by lhb412 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:38 pm

I'll start chiming in once you get to 1978 (I cheated & looked ahead) 8) . I was only 2 , but I definitely remember what Saturday morning toons I was watching.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:19 am

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974–75_United_States_network_television_schedule_(Saturday_morning)[/url]

8:00 Hmmm... Yogi's Gang or The Addams Family (this is the cartoon. If it were reruns of the sitcom I'd totally be watching that)
8:30 The Bugs Bunny Show!
9:00 Hong Kong Phooey (#1 super guy)
9:30 Oooh, another rough patch. Uh, I guess Pebbles and Bamm Bamm once the schedule changes in the Spring.
10:00 Land of the Lost!
10:30 Sigmund and the Sea Monsters (the Crofts are in many ways the saviors of original Saturday morning programming in the '70s)
11:00 Either the first half of the SuperFriends hour or Valley of the Dinosaurs
11:30 Star Trek: The Animated Series
12:00 Maybe I watch the Jetsons rerun, maybe I call it a day and go play outside.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Hmmmm, I'm having trouble linking to these wikipedia pages now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975–76_United_States_network_television_schedule_(Saturday_morning)

8:00 Hong Kong Phooey, easy
8:30 Despite competition from Tom and Jerry and Sigmund and the Sea Monster I gotta spend the next hour with The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show. Listen, you gotta go with Looney Tunes, I don't care how old you are or what decade it is.
9:30 Hmmmm... I'd switch between Scooby-Doo! Where Are You and Pink Panther, you know: depending on if I liked the monster in that particular Scooby episode.
10:00 Laaaaaaaaand of the Looooooooooooost *RAWR!*
10:30 Man, I don't know what I'd watch. I guess this would be the Isis portion of the Shazam/Isis hour?
11:00 Return to the Planet of the Apes. Hey, action cartoons are slim picking in this era and I assume the theoretical kid me living in the mid-'70s is a huge PotA fan. I probably have all the toys and the play sets and saw the big five-film marathon in theaters! Kid me in the '70s is having a great time!
11:30 Errrr... rough spot here. I guess The Ghost Busters? I like Bob Burns.
12:00 Hmmmm... Josie in the Pussycats is a batter show, but Valley of the Dinosaurs has dinosaurs.
12:30 Fat Albert
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!