death of the action cartoon

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: death of the action cartoon

Postby mr.negativity » Sat May 30, 2015 8:26 pm

T.A.S.K. Is Coming! Talking With Damion Gonzales About The New Animated Series
Nikolai Fomich wrote:Nikolai Fomich: Damion, what is T.A.S.K.?

Damion Gonzales:
First of all let me just say thank you for this opportunity to shine some light on this project. T.A.S.K. is an in development action adventure animated series featuring a diverse cast of all new super-powered individuals. Engaging characters thrown into incredible situations, young super-humans learning what it means to be heroes in the midst of learning how to just … be. All the BIFF! BAM! POW! you expect from good superhero fare. It’s our goal that T.A.S.K. follow in the footsteps of such great shows as Static Shock, Justice League Unlimited and Young Justice and bring that sense of wonder and excitement back to the kids’ viewing space. We’re trying to bring that Saturday morning cartoon rush back. The excitement that kids used to get from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, Transformers, He-Man and ThunderCats.

The New Animated Series T.A.S.K. Trailer Is Here!
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Sun May 31, 2015 4:13 pm

mr.negativity wrote:T.A.S.K. Is Coming! Talking With Damion Gonzales About The New Animated Series
Nikolai Fomich wrote:Nikolai Fomich: Damion, what is T.A.S.K.?

Damion Gonzales:
First of all let me just say thank you for this opportunity to shine some light on this project. T.A.S.K. is an in development action adventure animated series featuring a diverse cast of all new super-powered individuals. Engaging characters thrown into incredible situations, young super-humans learning what it means to be heroes in the midst of learning how to just … be. All the BIFF! BAM! POW! you expect from good superhero fare. It’s our goal that T.A.S.K. follow in the footsteps of such great shows as Static Shock, Justice League Unlimited and Young Justice and bring that sense of wonder and excitement back to the kids’ viewing space. We’re trying to bring that Saturday morning cartoon rush back. The excitement that kids used to get from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, Transformers, He-Man and ThunderCats.

The New Animated Series T.A.S.K. Trailer Is Here!

sounds good.
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: rebirth of the action cartoon

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:55 pm

Word Balloon 2/25/2015:
Super Hero TV talk w Arrow's Marc Guggenheim & Greg Weissman Of Young Justice & Star Wars Rebels
John Siuntres wrote:Great chance to talk with 2 TV writer producers who are at the top of live action television and animation. Both will be at Long Beach Comic Expo this weekend and have great insight on the current superhero explosion television is experiencing.

Writer- Exec Producer Marc Guggenheim talks about Arrow Flash. Given the success of both shows, it's no surprise that it was annouced this week that the characters Atom, Professor Stein and Black Canary are being devolped for their own future CW TV series. NOTE- This conversation took place before the announcement , but Marc did give insight about the success of introducing these new characters and in theory about expanding the DCU TV universe on The CW.

Then, Animation Writer Exec Producer Greg Weissman looks back at Gargoyles, Young Justice, Spectacular Spider-Man, his current work with Star Wars Rebels, and the realities behind producing comic book/toy adaptaions for kids television.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm

‘Ben 10′ Returns To Cartoon Network As New Animated Series
Man of Action will executive produce for Cartoon Network Studios and John Fang (Mixels, Generator Rex) is on board as supervising producer.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:03 pm

mr.negativity wrote:‘Ben 10′ Returns To Cartoon Network As New Animated Series
Man of Action will executive produce for Cartoon Network Studios and John Fang (Mixels, Generator Rex) is on board as supervising producer.

it wont last six months.
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:50 am

CW's Vixen Animated Series: First Trailer
The DC TV Universe gets an addition with the Vixen animated series. Here is the first trailer!
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:32 am

It feels that with Samurai Jack returning next month, Young Justice's revival in the works, and Voltron and Young Justice being big hit on Netflix that the American action carton has had something of a revival in the year and a half since the last post.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:04 pm

lhb412 wrote:It feels that with Samurai Jack returning next month, Young Justice's revival in the works, and Voltron and Young Justice being big hit on Netflix that the American action carton has had something of a revival in the year and a half since the last post.

I think its more peoples voices are being heard. On cable or Network television, execs didn't give a hot how popular something was. If there was no toy revenue, it got cancelled. Now, with services like Netflix, where all you have to do is watch, a different metric is being used (the one that should have been used all along). I feel that if shows like Spectacular Spipder-Man, Thundercats (2011) etc... had been on Netflix after they were cancelled, probably something similar would have happened. Hopefully tis trend will continue. Hopefully more action-oriented shows will go straight to streaming services like Netflix rather than to the cable networks.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:08 pm

I mentioned Young Justice twice! In the second instant I meant to say 'Trollhunters.'
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: rebirth of the action cartoon:Ben 10

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:23 am

O.Supreme wrote:I think its more peoples voices are being heard. On cable or Network television, execs didn't give a hot how popular something was. If there was no toy revenue, it got cancelled. Now, with services like Netflix, where all you have to do is watch, a different metric is being used (the one that should have been used all along). I feel that if shows like Spectacular Spipder-Man, Thundercats (2011) etc... had been on Netflix after they were cancelled, probably something similar would have happened. Hopefully tis trend will continue. Hopefully more action-oriented shows will go straight to streaming services like Netflix rather than to the cable networks.

Deadline March 30, 2017:
Cartoon Network Unveils 2017-2018 Slate; Six New & Seven Returning Series & More – Upfronts
Denise Petski wrote:• Ben 10 – The newest show coming out of the highly successful franchise has launched multiple animated series, and numerous animated and live-action movies. Playmates Toys serves as the worldwide master toy partner for the new Ben 10 with a full line of toys based on the show that will include a range of figures, playsets, and role-play items set to launch at retail globally this fall. The wild adventures begin debuting Monday, April 10 and will introduce fun loving, 10-year-old, Ben Tennyson, his cousin Gwen, and Grandpa Max, as they traverse the country during summer vacation. Once Ben finds the Omnitrix, a mysterious watch that transforms him into 10 different heroic aliens, a world of extraterrestrial superpowers opens to him, which kids of all ages will admire. Ben 10 is created by and executive produced by Man of Action Entertainment.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:38 am

^ So basically Garbage Out, Garbage In...and then there's Justice League Action, which wasn't even mentioned in the Article.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:21 am

Sadly, it seems Clarence hasn't been renewed. That was a great show, descendent from Nick's '90s shows.

But anyway: action cartoons. If you want to be an action cartoon these days and you're not a brand owned by Disney then you want to be on Netflix. CN gives priority to shows they produce in-house, with Teen Titans Go only proliferating because it's a massive success.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:54 pm

ok...so apparently there is no shortage of Youtube videos of "Holding Out for a Hero" featuring cartoons from the 80's/90's etc... The One below is not my favorite, but of the few I watched, this one seems to be the most balanced. Not a fan of some of the live-action footage, but I think it overall gets the point across that there used to be something special on TV for kids and adults that is sorely lacking today.

phpBB [media]
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!