Young Justice

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Young Justice

Postby sentaison » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:32 pm

We are four episodes in, what are peoples thoughts on this show? I have to say, I am impressed at the obscure characters (Brom Stick, Professor Ojo, ect) that they have been pulling out for the villains. The animation is great and the characters are interesting to follow. I am hoping this one doesn't get cancelled before it's time.
sentaison
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:07 am

This show is great. Love the animation, love the story, didn't catch last night's episode, but love the dynamic between Superboy and Superman. I also kind of dig this Robin.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:36 am

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, I'll have to catch the Sunday evening repeat.

I do like how they're developing the relationship between Superman and Superboy. I thought that Bruce was the perfect choice of a character to talk with Clark, about mentoring Superboy.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby kidnicky » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:21 pm

I like the animation,and the character designs,and the nods to fans (like the shakespeare bust in Batman's office) but the actual storyline is a little bland.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby mbozzo » Thu May 05, 2011 10:09 pm

I has already saw most of the first season episodes. When are the writers going to show who the members of the 'Light' are? :?:
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu May 05, 2011 11:37 pm

mbozzo wrote:I has already saw most of the first season episodes. When are the writers going to show who the members of the 'Light' are? :?:

I hope sooner than later, that's really my least favorite aspect of the show.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Tue May 10, 2011 10:58 am

Oh, for anyone who wanted to know, new episodes start airing June 3rd or so I've been told.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Tue May 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Wow June 3? Cartoon Network would have been better off delaying the premiere to somewhere around now.

It's been almost 2 months since a new episode right?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Tue May 10, 2011 1:48 pm

The Shadow wrote:Wow June 3? Cartoon Network would have been better off delaying the premiere to somewhere around now.

It's been almost 2 months since a new episode right?

Yeah, they have 26 episodes, and they've only shown 9 of those. Cartoon Network has a weird system when it comes to airing episodes of some of their shows. They either don't stagger new episodes, or they stagger them too much.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Inferior Rodan » Tue May 10, 2011 7:09 pm

I don`t really get why they have to do it that way, we can only make assumtions really until we get a offical explanation but i doubt we will get that from CN. Young Justice is a great show but i really hate long hiatus like these, Scooby doo mystery INC is a great show and its been on Hiatus for like 6 months but i did hear the cause was production or producer issues. I guess the production staff for Young Justice needed time or maybe CN are just idoits like that. Who knows.
Inferior Rodan
Godzilla

Postby angilas » Wed May 18, 2011 12:05 am

I figured the staff were doubling work for DC on smallville or something. The show premiered during its break then dissapeared and we see Superboy show up and quickly dissapear in 2 eps of smallville. Then that show ends and its time to stay occupied before the man of steel and batman 3 while promoting green lantern.
Thank You Universal for your Generosity! and SFJ for running these contests!
angilas
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:11 am

New episode was on tonight, and it was great. Ra's and Lex up to shenanigans. This show continues to be fun, but I'm glad we're gonna get the rest of the first season now.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:25 am

Anyone else catch the Teen Titan cameo?

One of the cheerleaders, I'm not sure if they ever said her name, looks to be a pre-super powers Karen Beecher a.k.a. Bumblebee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblebee_(comics) {something about the "(comics)" bit throws off the link creation so you'll need to copy and paste to get to the proper page}

Not sure if this was just a nod to the fans, since the bumblebee was either the school mascot or name of the cheerleader squad, or the team behind the show has potential plans to turn the cheerleader into Bumblebee the heroine.

I like the show's update on Sportsmaster. It would have been easy to make the Sportsmaster something of a joke character -- but the team took time to make him a character that's a genuine threat to the heroes.
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Inferior Rodan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:56 pm

This weeks epsiode was great, i swear besides the 6 month Hiatus this show took, i still think its the best animated series on TV at the moment. They take a plot that could have so many cameo apperences from DC villians roster and they really only show the characters that push the plot and nothing more. The execustion of this was well thought out and kept me glued through the whole thing, the character development also gets really good here too.

soild 5 stars for me, anybody else catch this weeks epsiode?
Inferior Rodan
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:07 pm

Yeah, I loved it, though...when Freeze was, well, freezing people...I didn't get it. I didn't think Freeze had natural "IMA FREEZIN' YOU" powers. He has a super cold suit, BUT wouldn't it have made more sense for them to put him in a containment suit of their own design that didn't have freezing gloves or anything.

Also, lol'ed heavily at the "DUDE! She's your sister!" moment.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Inferior Rodan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:22 pm

MekaGojira3k wrote:Yeah, I loved it, though...when Freeze was, well, freezing people...I didn't get it. I didn't think Freeze had natural "IMA FREEZIN' YOU" powers. He has a super cold suit, BUT wouldn't it have made more sense for them to put him in a containment suit of their own design that didn't have freezing gloves or anything.

Also, lol'ed heavily at the "DUDE! She's your sister!" moment.

I agree with you but for the record, this show a the plot device that states its on another one of the 52 earths in the DCU so somethings are "diffrent" then the DCU that we know. Corny i know but it is a fact.
Inferior Rodan
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Yeah, but it just seems weird, and generic to have SO many who just have ice powers and the like.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Inferior Rodan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:48 pm

MekaGojira3k wrote:Yeah, but it just seems weird, and generic to have SO many who just have ice powers and the like.

Its part of the 1st season plot, its weird but its really small potatos comparaed to all the great this show is doing, good eye though becausde i thought that was unusal too.
Inferior Rodan
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Well, the latest episode was fun, especially for the interactions between Captain Marvel and the others...but I'm still craving something more from this series.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Inferior Rodan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 pm

MekaGojira3k wrote:Well, the latest episode was fun, especially for the interactions between Captain Marvel and the others...but I'm still craving something more from this series.

I`am not, this series has a good amount of stuff going right now, IMOP is the best cartoon series on the air at the moment but i`am a DC fan boy and get a whole bunch of little references they make here and there. On a whole though i love the look of this series, its soooo choice. :D

Plus Monsieur Malla and the Brain, hells yeah!
Inferior Rodan
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:41 pm

I guess I'd like YJ more, but there's so many other cartoons that I love that are out right now, and I'm nowhere near as bored with them as I am with this. :/
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Inferior Rodan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:22 am

MekaGojira3k wrote:I guess I'd like YJ more, but there's so many other cartoons that I love that are out right now, and I'm nowhere near as bored with them as I am with this. :/

To be fair, that six month hiatus didn't help one bit, but the series as a whole takes on a much more mature tone then any other cartoon i know out there and pulls it off very well. Also i guess it does`t help that i love me some warner bros animation and Greg Wiesman is the producer on this show (i swear what ever the man touches seems to turn out solid or better no matter what) but yeah for this reason Young justice is #1 in my book for right now.
Inferior Rodan
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:49 pm

Damn, tonight's episode was GREAT! If it can keep up this momentum I won't have much to complain about. Didn't really care for the Joker's voice. :/ In fact, the only Joker voice I've liked since Hamill's was DiMaggio's performance in Under the Red Hood.

Everything else was swell.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Inferior Rodan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:27 am

MekaGojira3k wrote:Damn, tonight's episode was GREAT! If it can keep up this momentum I won't have much to complain about. Didn't really care for the Joker's voice. :/ In fact, the only Joker voice I've liked since Hamill's was DiMaggio's performance in Under the Red Hood.

Everything else was swell.

Aside from how awesome this ep was, iam still just getty they have a giant white wolf on their team. Like seriously, thats awesome. :D
Inferior Rodan
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:03 am

I know XD. I love how Superboy can pretty much bring whatever home.

Forgot to mention it, but I love the callback to the Dr. Fate episode! :D
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Next

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!