Voltron

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Voltron

Postby kidnicky » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby metal_bryan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Already looks much better than the movie version
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:33 pm

metal_bryan wrote:Already looks much better than the movie version

And it will no doubt end up being infinitely more enjoyable.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:44 am

i never watched any Voltron...

I gues you can revoke my geek card...
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:30 am

Why is Voltron here? Shouldn't it be in the Anime section?

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby ryuuseipro » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:16 am

jellydonut25 wrote:i never watched any Voltron...

Actually, that's a very good thing. I instead recommend Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, Grendizer, and other Super Robot shows created by Gou Nagai. Or, if you want superior versions of Voltron, besides Getter Robo, I recommend Combattler V (the one that set the pace), Voltes V (considered the greatest of the bunch), Daimos, and Danguard Ace.

Some of the above was featured in the Force Five anime lineup.
-John Cassidy
Richmond, VA
http://ryuuseipro.livejournal.com/

"The monster a child knows best and is most concerned with [is] the monster he feels or fears himself to be." -Bruno Bettelheim
ryuuseipro
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:54 am

ryuuseipro wrote:

Actually, that's a very good thing. I instead recommend Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, Grendizer, and other Super Robot shows created by Gou Nagai. Or, if you want superior versions of Voltron, besides Getter Robo, I recommend Combattler V (the one that set the pace), Voltes V (considered the greatest of the bunch), Daimos, and Danguard Ace.

Combattler V and Voltes V are EXCELLENT entries. Hell, that quartet of robos from Tadao Nagahama, Combattler V, Voltes V, Daimos, and Daltanious are all PERFECT examples.

Hell, the show that came before GoLion, God Sigma is a better entry.

Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:08 pm

ryuuseipro wrote:

you just barely spoke english at me... :lol:
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby metal_bryan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:32 pm

jellydonut25 wrote:
ryuuseipro wrote:

you just barely spoke english at me... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby kidnicky » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! wrote:Why is Voltron here? Shouldn't it be in the Anime section?

I'm pretty sure this show doesn't have anything to do with Japan. Yes,the original was a dubbed version of GoLion,but I was under the impression that the new one is an original American-backed production.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:39 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:22 am

Relativity, Atlas charge up 'Voltron' - '80s animated series headed to bigscreen as live-action film
Jeff Sneider wrote:Relativity Media and Atlas Entertainment are teaming on a live-action adaptation of the 1980s animated series "Voltron: Defender of the Universe."

Relativity optioned feature film rights to "Voltron" from World Event Prods. after Atlas brought the project to the studio.

Series followed an elite battle force comprised of five young warriors who defend mankind by piloting a battalion of high-tech Robot Lions that have the ability to join together to form a megaweapon known as Voltron.

Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer will write the action-adventure project, which Atlas will shepherd.

Atlas principals Charles Roven and Richard Suckle will produce along with Jason Netter of Kickstart Entertainment, while Ted Koplar of World Events Prods. will exec produce.

The original series, based on the Japanese anime properties Beast King GoLion and Kikou Kantai Dairugger XV, aired in the U.S. for two years and spawned NickToons' successful TV series "Voltron Force," which became the channel's highest-rated debut this past June.

"For nearly three decades, Voltron has captured the minds of a nostalgically loyal and rabid fan base and has long been considered a hotly pursued project," said Relativity's Tucker Tooley. "We are beyond excited World Event Productions and Atlas Entertainment have placed their trust and faith in Relativity to bring this coveted property to the bigscreen, and usher in a new generation of devoted fans. With Chuck and Richard's experience producing tentpoles, they are the perfect producers to bring this potential franchise to theaters."

"It's incredibly gratifying to officially announce the development of the live-action Voltron movie this week, given its recent resurgence and the start of Comic-Con," said Roven.

The "Voltron" property is making a big foray at Comic-Con, touting a new toy line and the animated TV series on NickToons.

UTA repped World Events Prods. in the deal.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Voltron

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:55 pm

Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Trollhunters’ Included in Expanded Netflix, DreamWorks Animation Deal
The deal will also include a “reimagining” of the beloved Voltron series, which focuses on titanic robots who battle in a futuristic world.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:57 pm

Netflix and DreamWorks Animation Team Up to Resurrect ‘Voltron’ and Bring a New Guillermo del Toro Series to Life
Jacob Hall wrote:If you’re a parent with a Netflix subscription, chances are strong that you’re already intimately familiar with DreamWorks Animation‘s contributions to the streaming giant. If you have no spawn of your own, track down and ask the youngest person in your life capable of enjoying animated entertainment and receive an earful. While you were binge-watching Making a Murderer and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, these kids were taking in hours of The Adventures of Puss in Boots, All Hail King Julien, and other shows based on the studio’s lucrative film properties.

Speaking of lucrative, Netflix and DreamWorks Animation have decided to continue putting money in each other’s pockets. The two companies have extended their distribution deal, giving Netflix global (excluding China) rights to several upcoming new shows. The original 2013 deal was the biggest in Netflix’s history, so obviously things went exactly as planned.

So what’s next for DreamWorks’ continuing streaming venture? How about a new Voltron series and a new show created by Guillermo del Toro?

For many of you ’80s kids, the mere mention of Voltron is going to make you venture into the kid-friendly corner of Netflix to indulge your nostalgic whims. Perhaps best remembered as a direct competitor for Transformers, the original cartoon series (and its toy line, of course) followed the gigantic robot Voltron and the space adventurers who piloted him throughout space, battling evil and defending the Earth from the forces of evil. Hollywood has been threatening to make a live-action Voltron movie for some time now, but rights issues have kept any potential film adaptation on the back burner for years. That’s probably for the best. Voltron belongs to the kids, not adults who’ll want to see this goofy premise grim-n-gritty’d up.

However, the slightly more intriguing news here is that DreamWorks is is backing a project from Guillermo del Toro, the legit genius behind Pan’s Labyrinth, the Hellboy movies, and last year’s massively underrated Crimson Peak. This new show is called Trollhunters and it takes place in “a new, fantastical world wrapped around two best friends who make a startling discovery beneath their hometown.” Considering the title, this startling discovery will presumably involve trolls. And later, trollhunting.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Last edited by O.Supreme on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:56 am

I'm hopeful for this new Voltron series too. Although with the new series being on Netflix I hope it gets a regular home video release; I don't subscribe to Netflix right now and I'm not sure I want to start especially with most of the ISPs raising their rates this month.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:16 am

Last edited by O.Supreme on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:04 am

^
This is what I hope Power Rangers 2017 Movie hopes to achieve.

THAT looks like Voltron's silhouette

Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby daikaijusaurus » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Most likely this will be a 3d animated show, but any confirmation on this? Just curious.

I loved the original Voltron from the 80s, and I'm actually glad the movie never got off the ground, I much prefer an animated series. I never cared for The Third Dimension or the Voltron Force, so hopefully this one will capture the spirit of the original. Go Voltron force! :)
daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:58 pm

O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Voltron: Legendary Defender

Postby mr.negativity » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:14 am

io9:
The New Voltron Cartoon on Netflix Is Being Headed Up by Legend of Korra Alums
Lauren Montgomery and Joaquim Dos Santos have been named as the showrunners for Voltron: Legendary Defender
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:25 pm

That should be good news, with those show runners there ought to be a good focus on story.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:40 pm

O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:51 am

O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed May 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Last edited by O.Supreme on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Next

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!