New Ultimate Spider-Man animated series

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Yeah youtube is hit/miss for me. Too many darn false videos with people just wanting you to register or pay for their website to watch stuff. If I have enough patience to wade through all the garbage to find an actual video on youtube I will, otherwise I just wait.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:14 am

OK I was able to catch up yesterday. I do have to share one cool real life moment during the beginning of "Me Time". After Whirlwind is captured and Spider-Man vomits in his helmet, a minute or so passes, and my seven year old daughter turns to me and says "Why didn't it come out of the eyes?"- The funny thing is I was thinking the exact same thing :lol: .
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:19 am

I wondered that myself, but guessed it was just in the very top of the helmet.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:43 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:18 am

Just watched the latest episode "Damage". I have to admit, I am liking this seies more and more with each viewing. I dont know if its because the dumb jokes are decreasing, or because when they do happen, they get a BIG reaction of laughter from my kids. This episide also had a really cool tribute to Dwayne McDuffie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_McDuffie

The character "Mac" (Leader of Damage Control) I could tell spot on was supposed to be him. One thing I will fully credit to the people in the comics business, they really go all out to show appreciaiton when one of their own passes away, especially one like Dwayne who was tragically cut short. I knew him mostly from his work with DC animation, but seeing as how "Damage Control" was one of the first things he ever did at Marvel, this was very fitting. There are 8 episodes left in the season. Looks like we are getting 4 of them in September (9th, 16th, 23rd, & 30th) I dont know if they will continue on into October, or hold off the last 4 until some other "sweeps" timeframe.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:13 am

Got caught up on the last couple of episodes. Looks like they are getting a bit more comedic again, which my kids love, btu I'm nto a big fan of. Once credit I will give this series is how diverse they are gettign into the overall Marvel Universe. many referrences in this series first 20 episodes alone to characters that have never (or rarely) appeared in animation.

19 "Home Sick Hulk" --basically an odd couple story. Peter/Spider-Man gains the Hulks trust as he nurses a sick Hulk back to health after the Phalanx make him sick. Hulk concedes to live with SHIELD (I dont think that ever happened??). But even with the younger team, somehow I cant help that all of this will eventually build to Spider-Man either joining the Avengers, or a huge multi-part story with them all.

20 "Run Pig Run"-Ah- the long awaited animated debut of Spider-Ham. Sure this was played for laughs, and if this episode was the exception, not the norm it probably would have gone way better IMHO, instead it just seemed like another attempt-at-being-funny episode. Again, I only have my own kids to gauge this on, but if its any indication, 5-10 year olds everywhere are probably loving this show. Teen and Adult fans, nto so much. Therefore, it will probably last longer than many of the previous spider-Man incarnations. Will it surpass the 65-Episode "Spider-Man" from Fox, only time will tell.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Well I caught the season finale of this series as well. I never read UM comics, so I don't know how faithful this take on Green Goblin was, but it certainly was different . I have to admit that the series has at least improved and I do want to see more.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:14 pm

I probably should have reported this sooner, but Season one has been available on netflix for about a week now. a 2-disc DVD set of the first 13 episodes is scheduled for relase on 2/5/2013
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:42 am

*update* I guess something changed and the 1 hour premiere isn't going to happen this coming Monday... because it already aired as of last Monday (1/14). I happened across the episode online last night.

*spoiler warning*

"The Lizard" –The episode opens with Spider-Man & his team tracking Dr, Octopus to a new makeshift lab he has set up. They are surprised he is alive, but Shield arrives to back the team up, Ock gets away, but leaves a case containing animal DNA samples behind. There is a lot of foreshadowing in this episode, especially Pete’s vision of an “Evil Petting Zooâ€
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Haven't posted here in a while due to general lack of interest, but this past Sunday's episode featued the Guardians of the Galaxy (probably closer to how they will appear in next summers film) than how they appeared on Avengers EMH last year.

So... Rocket Racoon isn't really a racoon, just happens to be a member of an alien species that looks exactly like Earth's racoons :lol: .
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

I tried to catch up and watch Season 2....but...it's just...I don't like this show, despite my interest in the SPider-Man character.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Oh I totaly get that. Season 2 started strong, then had a long stretch of medicore-really bad episodes. I just watch it because it is so easily accessible along with the other shows I watch. The Guardians episode was definitely a step up from what it has been offering as of late, but still nothing really praiseworthly. Ironically USM apparently has been renewed for a 3rd season, which, if it also has 26 episode, will make it the longest running (in terms of episode count) spider-man series, but it remains to be seen if it will match the overall time (5 years) that Fox's Spider-Man was on the air.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Real McCoy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:01 pm

I watched the whole season one on Netflix not long ago, and while I wasn't really impressed it wasn't too bad. I've missed the majority of season two so far, starting with the Deadpool episode, and it's pretty much the same to me so far.

I thought the Guardians episode was cool; the team's personalities, especially Rocket's, fit in perfectly with the tone of the series (which isn't really a huge compliment; a lot of it is just downright annoying).
The Real McCoy
Heisei Godzilla

Re: New Ultimate Spider-Man animated series

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:31 pm

I know a lot of people aren't into this show, but this Saturday night (check local listings) there is supposed to be a 2 part new episode featuring Blade & The Howling Commandos. I figure since there are several fans onf Monsters here, they might want to check this out. I saw a leaked version of the first half online, and it was pretty cool, cant wait to see the rest.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Real McCoy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 am

Seems to me I saw a clip of that somewhere. It does sounds cool.
The Real McCoy
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Russzilla » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:56 pm

O.Supreme wrote:I know a lot of people aren't into this show, but this Saturday night (check local listings) there is supposed to be a 2 part new episode featuring Blade & The Howling Commandos. I figure since there are several fans onf Monsters here, they might want to check this out. I saw a leaked version of the first half online, and it was pretty cool, cant wait to see the rest.

I stopped watching this after the first season. I might check out this episode though.
Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Wow... no posts on this series since late in Season 2. -You think Disney would get a clue... (yes I am kind of copying/pasting my comments from AA)

But apparently not... Season 4 subtitled "vs. The Sinister 6" rolls out Sunday February 21st on Disney XD. --I love reading all the articles about this series, and all the posts saying "Bring back Spectacular Spider-Man" -I know it will never happen, but it is still fun to see. I know a large corporation like Disney could care less, but aside from quality ratings, I would actually like to see some stats that prove in any way shape or form that USM is more popular, or more profitable than SSM was among kids. I don't know whether to respect or dislike even more a company that doubles-down on inferior product and keeps moving forward with it.

But seeing as this is all there is, I'll watch it , online of course, from a 3rd party, to make sure Disney doesn't get any ratings support.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby mbozzo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:37 pm

This series has survive for 4 years already. How about doing a final battle against the Sinister Six movie to end this series? :?
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:32 am

Yeah the s6 thing was a pretty inaccurate subtitle, considering that fizzled out after a few episodes. From what I've read online the last 3 episodes are:

#102: -A christman themed episode featuring moonknight (better late than never), which will air no doubt sometime during mid-late December

#103-#104 Graduation day - The grand finale (thought I don't see how it could be more grand than the 4-part contest of champions...but whatever)...This 2-part Series finale will air in January. Hopefully this will be the showdown with the Sinister 6 that would bring some slight legitimacy to the seasons subtitle...but we'll see...

Also I think its hilarious that Netflix is removing its remaining marvel toons. Sure I imagine they will probably add the most recent seasons at some point, but its kind of sad. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of these shows, I'd certainly support proper DVD/Blu-Ray releases...now basically the only way to "own" them is to purchase digital copies...no thank you.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:58 pm

So the series finale' came and went. 104 episodes in 5 years (4 seasons) . Among younger fans, this WAS their definitive Spider-Man, and they as long as the cast/production staff are sad to see it go. Among some older fans, many are glad to see it finally go as grudges against prematurely ending of SSM are still being held on to.

What do you think? Where will it stand in the long running history of various Spider-Man animated series? It was the longest but was it the best? worst? mid-range? what do you think? Are you looking forward to the new series, or are you burnt out on spidey fever and want to let it rest?
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:05 pm

O.Supreme wrote:So the series finale' came and went. 104 episodes in 5 years (4 seasons) . Among younger fans, this WAS their definitive Spider-Man, and they as long as the cast/production staff are sad to see it go. Among some older fans, many are glad to see it finally go as grudges against prematurely ending of SSM are still being held on to.

What do you think? Where will it stand in the long running history of various Spider-Man animated series? It was the longest but was it the best? worst? mid-range? what do you think? Are you looking forward to the new series, or are you burnt out on spidey fever and want to let it rest?

I've still got to finish Season 3. I left off an episode or two after Cloak and Dagger showed up. I'll have to see if Netflix still has it saved.

As for the series itself, I wanted to say it will be forgotten like The Batman, but the MTV series and Unlimited already hold that spot. The show is hit or miss for the episodes I've seen, but it did have the occassional entertaining one. Not a fan of how dumbed down things were though and Spidey being forced to have a team every episode was dumb. This could have been the Brave and the Bold for Marvel Comics and instead it just became Teen Titans Go.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:29 am

Or Netflix could just be a little "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!" entirely and no longer have the show on their service at all. -_- Thanks a lot you inbred mofos!!! Now I've gotta download it. :evil: :evil:
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:35 am

^Yeah I thought it was kind of odd. For about a week they had seasons 1-3 altogether earlier in the year, then then dropped s1, a few months later s2, then finally last month they dropped S3. Probably next month either they will just add S4, or hopefully the whole series in its entirety, but oddly enough Disney has been dropping all its Marvel animated stuff from Netflix. I think the only things on there now is Agents of Smash S2, the new Halloween film Hulk-Where Monsters Dwell. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. I just watch it on one of several various online channels
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!