Voltron

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Voltron

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:26 am

I agree the show needs to be out on BD, but I see no reason to even bother with it until it is completed. I would only buy it as a Complete Collection anyway.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:50 pm

phpBB [media]
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:48 pm

aka "The second half of Season 4". Looking forward to it 8) .
Film Wish List:1. Gamera Super Monster with Filmways opening/closing credits
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby sentaison » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:57 am

Yep, the show is still worth watching. :D
sentaison
Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:21 am

Just finished the "sixth" season and this is by far the best season yet. Not only did they finally remember Keith exists but they also gave us what is easily the best fight of the entire show thus far. Additionally, it's about freaking time we got to see the Sinclines combine! I've been waiting "four" seasons for that to happen!
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:49 am

It took me a little longer than I would have wanted just because of being busy, but yes I finally made it through these (watching 1 or 2 at a time over the past few days).

Dr Kain wrote:Not only did they finally remember Keith exists but they also gave us what is easily the best fight of the entire show thus far. Additionally, it's about freaking time we got to see the Sinclines combine! I've been waiting "four" seasons for that to happen!

Yeah, we all knew it would happen eventually, but it was worth the wait. A very satisfying ending indeed. Although its not truly the end. "We're going home".(I believe we are getting 26 more episodes for a total of 78, which I guess by Netflix new rules will be 4 more seasons instead of 2) I certainly hope that when they return to earth, Pidge finds out that his dad has been working on something more than a new castle of lions.

Introducing the Drule (Galveston) Empire as a new antagonist would be interesting, perhaps incorporating their need for a new home world as a result of previous Galra domination? I don't know, just some random thoughts. Not saying that all previous characters should go away, but it is interesting that at this point, we have the exact same number of episodes as the original Go Lion series (52), and a lot of world building has been done. It would be interesting to do an episode-by-episode comparison of both series, and see at the end of 52 which feels more "complete". Of course comparing something 35 years older, from another country, and in a completely different format (monster of the week) wouldn't exactly be fair, some sliding scale would have to be factored in.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Well at the end of Golion the entire Galra Empire was done. Sincline, Honera, and Daibazaal were all dead as were Shirogane and his brother Ryou.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Dr Kain wrote:Shirogane and his brother Ryou.

Reminds me of the most LOL moment of the season - I'm Shiro's Twin Brother - Chiro! Seriously, I could totally relate because I was never really into RPG's, and when my friends would force me to play, I would want to be just the most basic generic "hero" each time, and when I got killed off I was done and ready to move onto something else.

But seriously we are mostly there. There may be some Galra remnants, but Zarkon is dead, I *assume* Lotor is dead. Only Haggar/Honerva and the generals are still around.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!