Return of the Teen Titans!

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Return of the Teen Titans!

Postby The Shadow » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:11 pm

The Teen Titans are returning to television, with the original cast reprising their roles.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=18781

DC Nation, Cartoon Network’s home for action-packed animated series and original shorts based on characters from DC Comics (Saturdays 10:00–11:00 a.m. ET/PT), will soon be joined by a new generation of superheroes as Teen Titans Go!, a brand-new half-hour comedy-action series inspired by Warner Bros. Animation’s original fan-favorite series Teen Titans, shows the humorous side of being a teenage hero.

Teen Titans Go! features the return of Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg in all-new, comedic adventures. Character-driven comedy is the order of the day as this new take on the super hero series focuses on the funny business that happens between saving the world and living together as teenagers without adult supervision. They may be super heroes who save the world every day … but somebody still has to do the laundry! With the ability to turn into any animal or detach their robotic limbs, teenage pranks reach a whole new level. And even super heroes have to take Driver’s Ed. to get a license – especially after wrecking the Batmobile on an unauthorized joy ride to impress a girl!

Featuring the principal voice cast from the original series – Greg Cipes as Beast Boy, Scott Menville as Robin, Khary Payton as Cyborg, Tara Strong as Raven and Hynden Walch as Starfire – Teen Titans Go! recaptures everything audiences loved about the original show, while adding laughter at the lighter side of being a super hero. Executive produced by Sam Register (Green Lantern: The Animated Series, The Looney Tunes Show, Teen Titans), with Michael Jelenic (ThunderCats, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD, El Tigre) as producers, this side-splitting series will premiere on Cartoon Network in 2013 as part of the DC Nation programming block.

Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com) is the #1 U.S. television network among Boys 6-11. Currently seen in 99 million U.S. homes and 168 countries around the world, Cartoon Network is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for kids and families. In addition to Emmy-winning original programming and industry-leading digital apps and online games, Cartoon Network embraces key social issues affecting families with solution-oriented initiatives such as Stop Bullying: Speak Up and the Move It Movement.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, with an innovative and talent-rich roster boasting some of the most accomplished writers, producers and artists working today. The studio is on the cutting edge of animation technology and has both CG and traditionally animated projects in current production and development. For TV, WBA produces series such as Green Lantern: The Animated Series, The Looney Tunes Show, MAD, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, ThunderCats, Young Justice: Invasion and the forthcoming Beware The Batman for Cartoon Network. WBA also produces series and additional original content — including animated shorts — for Cartoon Network’s multiplatform branded DC Nation programming block. In addition to TV programming, WBA produces theatrically released CG cartoon shorts featuring iconic Looney Tunes characters, rendered in stereoscopic 3D. WBA also creates the highly successful series of DC Universe Original Animated Movies for DVD. Producing for multiple platforms including TV, digital and home entertainment both domestically and internationally, WBA is highly respected for its creative and technical excellence, as well as for maintaining the Studio’s rich cartoon heritage. It is also the home of the iconic animated characters from the DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Looney Tunes libraries. One of the most-honored animation studios in history, WBA has been honored with six Academy Awards®, 35 Emmy® Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents’ Choice Award, the HUMANITAS Prize, two Prism Awards and 20 Annie Awards (honoring excellence in animation).

Awesome news -- I've been enjoying the New Teen Titans shorts running on DC Nation. Here are the shorts that have been run so far --

Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYaH_qtaDcw

Turn Back the Clock: http://youtu.be/la3DwKOC7os

Utility Plaer: http://youtu.be/D-6eimju2Vo

Blackfire's Babysitter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdMk68ErfJE

Stream of Consciences: http://youtu.be/aH4AqHGWwA4

Burp (full short): http://youtu.be/PpON9n4OcIQ

Cyborg the Lifeguard: http://youtu.be/nVQGKp2nrSo
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:20 pm

This sounds neat. I haven't been checking out the shorts, but thanks for linking them all here.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:32 pm

My little sister flipped. The original show was a huge deal in her childhood.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:59 pm

I went to Toonzone.net and they linked over to Worldsfinestonline's posting about the new Teen Titans series. It appears an promo image was included with the press release, World's Finest has it up in the full 1920x1080 -- I shrunk it down to post here:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news/?p=2932

I was hoping that this would be a direct continution of the Teen Titans show, but it looks like we'll be in for something slightly different.
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:59 pm

It's basically a full-length version of the shorts they've been doing: a direct continuation with the same voices, but more of a comedy tone.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Maybe later tonight I'll check out the shorts, but I like the look of those designs.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:21 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 pm

I love how DC has such trouble doing well cinematically, but they best Marvel's television efforts so easily.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:58 pm

It is quite a mystery indeed.
Film Wish List:1. Gamera Super Monster with Filmways opening/closing credits
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:42 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Return of the Teen Titans!

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:16 am

Fans Can Finally Own a Great Version of the Original Teen Titans Series
Germain Lussier wrote:The complete first season of the original, circa 2003 Teen Titans is finally coming to Blu-ray on January 23. That means that those crappy square screen DVDs from 2007 can finally be thrown out for an HD, widescreen version of every episode of season one.

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:44 pm

ya know....TT was good, but not enough to replace the DVD set I have with Blu Ray. I mean I know a lot of fans are excited about next year getting batman TAS on Blu Ray, but honestly for most of the 90's/early 2000's stuff, *for me* at least, Blu ray wont enhance my experience that much. now I did purchase newer series such as Thundercats, Young Justice, Batman TB&TB, and Green lantern, and even Beware the Batman on Blu ray because they obviously had that HD quality. I'm not saying fans shouldn't purchase this, but in order to avoid repurchasing my quite extensive library all over again on BRD, I have to draw the line somewhere. I love that JL has been on BRD for a long time, and that more DC shows are getting the treatment. But I'd rather they finish what they have held off on...

Still waiting for: Filmation Superboy Series, Static Shock seasons 3&4, and Legion of Superheroes season 2 (although I would repurchase season 1 if it were all in one set, instead of 3 separate DVD's).

Also GOOD RIDDANCE to TT GO, a show that never should have existed, and went on wayyy too long, as a testament to how awful CN has gotten. I was shocked to find out that this single show makes up 50% of CN round the clock airtime 50% what in the world are they thinking???
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:44 am

O.Supreme wrote:Also GOOD RIDDANCE to TT GO, a show that never should have existed, and went on wayyy too long, as a testament to how awful CN has gotten. I was shocked to find out that this single show makes up 50% of CN round the clock airtime 50% what in the world are they thinking???

It makes money. CN is kinda freaking out: the kind of people who follow shows like Adventure Time and Steven Universe seem to prefer watching them online, which is why they've been premiering new episodes of those shows on the CN app and not the channel itself. TTG episodes are simple and standalone and a kid can just catch them channel surfing and watch one. This is a response to certain audiences abandoning cable entirely for streaming and sticking to the basics of what works.

... also, it's just a show; you should really just relax.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:32 pm

O.Supreme wrote:Also GOOD RIDDANCE to TT GO, a show that never should have existed, and went on wayyy too long, as a testament to how awful CN has gotten.

I can't tell if you're joking but Teen Titans Go! To The Movies opens in theaters on July 27, 2018.
Benjamin Haines
Burning Godzilla

Postby Moonlight SY-3 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:48 pm

Benjamin Haines wrote:
O.Supreme wrote:Also GOOD RIDDANCE to TT GO, a show that never should have existed, and went on wayyy too long, as a testament to how awful CN has gotten.

I can't tell if you're joking but Teen Titans Go! To The Movies opens in theaters on July 27, 2018.

Yeah, Teen Titans Go! is one of my favorite CN shows. Love it! Right up there with Uncle Grandpa, Gumball, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
~Brian
Moonlight SY-3
Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:50 pm

Moonlight SY-3 wrote:Yeah, Teen Titans Go! is one of my favorite CN shows. Love it! Right up there with Uncle Grandpa, Gumball, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Courage was ok, but was from a different era, the rest are just complete garbage. and yeah I know TTG has a movie coming out, but that should be the end of it...Also how does TTG make money when it doesn't have any merchandise? I mean wasn't that the reason why all the good shows got canceled, was because the toys weren't selling?
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:58 pm

That the highly popular Teen Titans Go! has basically no merhcandise is one of the many reasons I find Cartoon Network's "excuse" for cancelling some shows for not having merchandise (or merchandise not selling well) so laughable. Sym-Bionic Titan was cancelled with the no merchandise excuse, and I think the new ThunderCats show had a merchandise not selling well component.

If merchandise was really such a big deal for Cartoon Network big hits like Adventure Time would have toys all over the place; CN used to run commercials for some toys a couple three years ago but apparently those were really only available at Hot Topic. Now that's just stupid -- if merchandise sales truly mattered you make sure to get your product into stores like Target and Wal-Mart not limit availability to the comparative handful of locations of a mall only chain.
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:34 am

phpBB [media]
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:40 pm

USA Today March 12, 2018:
Exclusive: Nicolas Cage is Superman in 'Teen Titans GO!'
Brian Truitt wrote:For superhero cameos, Teen Titans GO! to the Movies went to the music charts and also added an Oscar winner as its Man of Steel.

Nicolas Cage is voicing A-list comic-book icon Superman, singer/songwriter Halsey co-stars as Amazon princess Wonder Woman — who travels around in her signature invisible jet — and rapper Lil Yachty plays Green Lantern in the upcoming animated movie (in theaters July 27) that takes the young heroes of the Cartoon Network show Teen Titans GO! to the big screen. They are the first of several celebrities lending their talents for additional DC characters in the project.

It's an intriguing role for Cage, arguably the most famous Superman fan in Hollywood: He named his son Kal-El (aka the hero's Kryptonian birthname), once owned a rare issue of Superman's 1938 comic debut (and sold it for $2.1 million), and was supposed to play the character in Tim Burton's scrapped 1998 Superman Lives movie.

"Every superhero in the DC Universe has an impact on the fans, so we felt a great responsibility to find a voice for each character that would not only suit the role, but the playful tone of the Titans, and we’re thrilled with our cameo cast," says executive producer Sam Register.

In the film, Batman sidekick Robin (Scott Menville), alien warrior Starfire (Hynden Walch), half-demon Raven (Tara Strong), human/android hybrid Cyborg (Khary Payton) and shapeshifter Beast Boy (Greg Cipes) seeking out a popular Hollywood director (Kristen Bell) for their big pop-culture break.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mbozzo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Teen Titans Go is a pale clone of the original cartoon. It may have some good episodes, but they are far and few between. :oops: :cry:
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby Mexigojira » Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 pm

mbozzo wrote:Teen Titans Go is a pale clone of the original cartoon. It may have some good episodes, but they are far and few between. :oops: :cry:

Never understood why the hate the show gets, when compared to the 2003 version, it's seems more like apples and orange to me.

Also, well, finally Nick's going to be Superman, good for him.

"It's time to drain the pool"
phpBB [media]

And now Michael Bolton is in¡:
phpBB [media]
"There are 4 things that I've learned to dont discuss, because they end with people killing each other: Religion, politics, sports, and logic on anime and kaiju movies"

Anibal
Mexigojira
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue May 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Mexigojira wrote:
mbozzo wrote:Teen Titans Go is a pale clone of the original cartoon. It may have some good episodes, but they are far and few between. :oops: :cry:

Never understood why the hate the show gets, when compared to the 2003 version, it's seems more like apples and orange to me.

I agree. I understand that TTG, on its own, even if I knew the original didn't exist, is a completely awful piece of garbage that nobody should ever watch.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue May 29, 2018 2:42 pm

I kinda wish this movie was coming out soon, because I wanna take my daughter to her first movie (she just turned 4), and I worry that Incredibles 2 might be too long for her (it's almost 2 hours...plus previews put us at probably 2.5 hours...that's LONG for a kid), while this will probably clock in around 80 minutes and the animation style is more eye-catching for a kid.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby O.Supreme » Tue May 29, 2018 4:56 pm

As a father myself, I can only give you one piece of advise DONT DONT DONT...take your child to see this film... You will be much better off with The Incredibles 2. Also I'm not sure if there is a smaller/budget theater in your area, but if there is, I'd definitely recommend that. We took our kids to the smaller format theaters until they were about 5/6. For a couple of reasons..

1. As you mentioned, I don't think they could sit through a long format film
2. I did not want to be disrespectful to others who had paid premium price for a new film
3. I figured they would not remember, and I wanted their first *big time* movie theater experience to be a good one, they could remember fondly.

I mean for the record, my parents took me to see Empire Strikes Back in 1980, I was 4. We sat in the front row, and back then, the seats were literally so close to the screen you did get a crink in your neck from looking up. Also that blaring Mono soundtrack and sound effects from behind the screen in those days was pretty traumatizing :lol: .

If you can be patient, I'd definitely take them to Incredibles 2 near the end of its theatrical run if you have such a theater in your area. besides the "bright colors" and happy music of Teen Titans Go may be more appealing to a toddler, but your brain will melt from it's sheer stupidity, and general lack of respect for common decency.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:56 pm

AICN:
The 2003 Animated TEEN TITANS Might Get Season 6...Depending
phpBB [media]
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Next

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!