[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Wallace and Gromit • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Wallace and Gromit

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Wallace and Gromit

Postby lhb412 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:12 pm

I've been meaning to see these for years, ever since I watched the feature film version, Curse of the Were-Rabbit. I finally got the nifty (and very reasonably priced) Blu Ray that contains all four Wallace and Gromit short films and all the mini-episodes as well.

The first film, A Grand Day Out, is really just a primer. It started out as a student film, but the second and third films, The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave are two of the best cartoons I've ever seen, and I've seen many! They're really incredible. The latest film, A Matter of Loaf and Death is rather good, too. But I feel it's a bit too busy, wheras Trousers and Shave have a rather elegant simplicity to them: starting out with a slow, leisurely pace and then building and building untill you get to a frenzied finally. Loaf (made after they'd done a few feature films and as such had become a well-oiled, stop-motion machine) bombards us with activity from the get go, and I think doesn't work as well.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby metal_bryan » Sun May 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Trousers and Shave are the best for me too. I fondly remember when I first saw both of them.
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:30 pm

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wallac ... nced/16387

This new Wallace and Gromit hosted documentary series is coming to US Blu-Ray and DVD. That's cool - but what I really want is Were-Rabbit in HD!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Wallace and Gromit

Postby Rody » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Wallace and Gromit was major television material for me, especially The Wrong Trousers. I loved that video so much (Feathers McGraw FTW!).

I thoroughly enjoyed Curse of the Were-Rabbit and A Matter of Loaf and Death as well - and how about those invention shorts on the DVDs? :lol:
Rody
Godzilla

Re: Wallace and Gromit

Postby lhb412 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:33 pm

^They're included on the Blu-Ray set of the shorts.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!