View on "The Max" so far.

Discussion on Shin Godzilla and rumors, news, and speculation on other possible future Godzilla projects, including the Godzilla Anime project! Discuss them here!

Moderator: Controllers

How does IMAX look?

Sounds fantastic so far!
44%
Meh...it's Godzilla before the 10 years are up.
24%
I can't believe how lame this sounds so far!
31%
What is Godzilla to the Max?
2%

Total votes : 55

View on "The Max" so far.

Postby AnguirusAnguirus » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:05 am

Discuss how much you expect from the proposed IMAX film.

I think it will be a nice departure from the normal plodding slow Godzilla film. And a nice medium for experimenting on. I think Banno knows exactly what he wants to accomplish with this film and how he wants to do it. Thoughts?
AnguirusAnguirus

Postby kamacuras » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:12 am

Well, I know that I haven't been pleased with the details that have been announced so far, even though I'm interested to see what'll be like to see Godzilla go back to his old roots. Sadly, that's one of the very few positives that I have for this fim, since I think that seeing a full CGI female Godzilla flying in the air will be utter crap at best.
Save the planet. Go green.
kamacuras
Little Godzilla

Postby mbozzo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:48 pm

I think that the guy who wrote this movie want to introude kids to the Godzilla of his childhood. The Godzilla in this movie is suppose to be a new Godzilla for this movie.
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby Jim Ballard » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:55 pm

I suppose I'd have more of an opinion if I knew this thing was actually going ahead or not. So far all we have to go by is a bunch of wild speculation, a very brief synopsis and a lot of hype. I realise Toho have granted Banno the use of the Godzilla and Hedorah characters, but has he actually raised the money for this project yet? Everything seems rather blown out of proportion for something that has the potential to go nowhere.

Furthermore, while I enjoyed GODZILLA VS. HEDORAH (and I did, a lot), I never thought it was a particularly well made film. With that said, I've never seen any of Banno's other works before, so that's a very narrow point of view.
Jim Ballard
Monster 01

Postby MouthForWar » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:37 am

I voted for the 2nd one but I still REALLY don't think this is ever gonna be made.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Lord Hastur » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:36 pm

:? Yeah.

I can't see this ever really getting made either. Of course down the road a little it could get some funding and then start production, but I doubt it.
The more I think about it, it just seems like some bad fan-fiction. With the exotic locales, New York City showdown and goofy Monster ideas. (Locusts?, D..D...Deathla? :lol:

At first I was a little charged about the idea, but since I first learned of it absolutely nothing has happened, so is that website set-up so people can send in donations? Banno (Who happened to be kind of a dick at G-Fest) might be pipe-dreaming. I DO want Godzilla to come back, but perhaps this isn't the best way. I'll support it if it actually gets done, but my four year old nephew could come up with better ideas for a Godzilla movie.

Let's see how this goes down.
Lord Hastur

Postby Danny B » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:18 pm

Lord Hastur wrote:Banno (Who happened to be kind of a dick at G-Fest)

Can you elaborate on that statement :?:
Danny B

Postby MouthForWar » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:01 am

I just think Banno did way too much drugs back in the day and he's gotten so fried that he actually thinks he can make this thing. I mean 9 million for a 40 minute IMAX film? That's practically the budget of a full length Godzilla feature. I really dont think that's a good pitch to make.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Lord Hastur » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:55 am

danbag302 wrote:
Lord Hastur wrote:Banno (Who happened to be kind of a dick at G-Fest)

Can you elaborate on that statement :?:

All I'm gonna say about that, is he managed to piss some people off in a couple of different, albeit (In my opinion) minor ways. I met him, shook his hand and all of that so I don't have any personal grievances with him, but I overheard some fans after his autograph session saying negative things and also a few friends who were set to interview him and host his panel discussion mentioned they were upset with him as well. These two things and a few other gripes I overheard about the guy made me think that he really didn't appreciate G-Fest bringing him out to meet his fans as much as he should have. Guests who cop rock star attitudes just screw themselves as word gets around about it at the show and then they don't get asked back. I remember when Kenji Sahara came to Chicago. Same deal unfortunately. Not so Friendly and acted like he didn't want to be there. What a shame. So that's what that's about.
Lord Hastur

Postby MouthForWar » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:37 pm

Banno just seemed quiet and soft spoken. He wasn't a full blown burst of energy like Nakano-san, but he carried himself fine. He's just more mild mannered compared to some of the past guests.
MouthForWar
Controller

Return to Shin Godzilla and Beyond!