Godzilla vs. Hedora IMAX Topic (August 04 - July 05)

Discussion on Shin Godzilla and rumors, news, and speculation on other possible future Godzilla projects, including the Godzilla Anime project! Discuss them here!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Danny B » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:32 pm

Bladefist wrote:Everything about the movie sounds just fine, but the bit about the 9/11 memorial...I went to school in lower manhattan, that happened the first week of my freshman year, and the people at my school haven't stopped talking about it since - at my graduation, they called us the "class of 9/11". Frankly, I'm just sick of it.

You may be "sick of it" but it's something we Americans must NEVER forget. I think that proposed Godzilla/911 scene will most definitely resonate with the U.S. movie-goers when they see it. Banno brought up some interesting ideas for his "Godzilla to the Max" film. I'm excited to see it. Hopefully it'll happen.
Danny B

Postby MouthForWar » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:37 pm

I'd like to see it happen cuz anything with Godzilla is bound to be cool. I wish it were a more realistic scenerio though. He has to finance and promote it by himself cuz Toho officially ended Godzilla for now. They just said if he can somehow do it for them, they'd distribute it.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby JordanGLC » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:21 pm

danbag302 wrote:I think that proposed Godzilla/911 scene will most definitely resonate with the U.S. movie-goers when they see it.
We shall see. Based on what I've read so far I don't see the connection between the rest of the story and victims of terrorism. He definitely needs to handle it appropriately. Hopefully he consults someone.
Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power...

My Creature Features
JordanGLC
Godzilla

Postby china » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:17 pm

I hope the movies story doesn't have anything to do with terrorism and 911. I am hoping for a fun movie and don't want anything too depressing.
china

Postby ryuuseipro » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:41 am

china wrote:
walshbeme wrote:
china wrote:Of course I guess this is not a "real" Godzilla movie so he might as well have fun with it!
If this film makes it to the REAL big screen (IMAX), that's about as real as it gets considering no others have gotten wide theatrical releases since G2000. It sounds like this "not so real" Godzilla film is poised to be quite promising. If the budget quote of 10 mil is correct, Banno's spending a pretty good chunk of change for a 45 minute film.

Sorry!! When I said REAL I was meaning that it's not Really part of the Japanese Godzilla series. Obviously it is a REAL movie. Just seems like a seperate movie from the main series.

Actually, something had occurred to me today:

GFW, take it or leave it, may very well be the end of an era. Godzilla to the Max seems to be the beginning of a new era for Godzilla.

I guess it's better for someone like Yoshimitsu Banno to start it off than a "hack" like Ryuuhei Kitamura (who ended the old one). :)

I really do hope this gets made! It sounds more promising that the last few Godzilla movies! :)

Plus, it's in IMAX! And the Science Museum of Virginia downtown has an IMAX theater! The most recent IMAX film I saw was Pulse: A Stomp Odyssey! Great film!

I can't wait to hear more about the production!
Last edited by ryuuseipro on Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
-John Cassidy
Richmond, VA
http://ryuuseipro.livejournal.com/

"The monster a child knows best and is most concerned with [is] the monster he feels or fears himself to be." -Bruno Bettelheim
ryuuseipro
Heisei Godzilla

Postby planetxleader » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:05 am

I don't know much about IMAX; don't they release some IMAX movies on video?
"Vishnu takes on his multi-armed form, and says, "RAAAAAHHHOOO!!!'"
planetxleader
Heisei Godzilla

Postby ryuuseipro » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:52 am

planetxleader wrote:I don't know much about IMAX; don't they release some IMAX movies on video?

Yeah, they get put on DVD also! Lots of them, like that T-Rex movie. Remember, there's Disney's Fantasia 2000, which was IMAX also.
-John Cassidy
Richmond, VA
http://ryuuseipro.livejournal.com/

"The monster a child knows best and is most concerned with [is] the monster he feels or fears himself to be." -Bruno Bettelheim
ryuuseipro
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:46 pm

It seems like Toho is treating this more as a fan-film than an addition to the Godzilla series- Kind of how Daiei treated Gamera 4 when it came out.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Danny B » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:17 pm

Or they're treating it almost as an amusement park ride.
Danny B

Postby BrollySupersj » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:59 am

I look at it this way. Godzilla is coming back just for a little bit ON IMAX mind you, and they say if this goes well. Toys of godzilla and this new monster will released. So I dont think this will be that bad. Plus I'm really excited!!!
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby walshbeme » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:13 am

danbag302 wrote:
Bladefist wrote:Everything about the movie sounds just fine, but the bit about the 9/11 memorial...I went to school in lower manhattan, that happened the first week of my freshman year, and the people at my school haven't stopped talking about it since - at my graduation, they called us the "class of 9/11". Frankly, I'm just sick of it.

You may be "sick of it" but it's something we Americans must NEVER forget. I think that proposed Godzilla/911 scene will most definitely resonate with the U.S. movie-goers when they see it. Banno brought up some interesting ideas for his "Godzilla to the Max" film. I'm excited to see it. Hopefully it'll happen.
I'm with you dan. The story is bound to get a lot of publicity and Im sure Godzilla will never look better.
walshbeme

Postby graphix67 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:22 am

china wrote:I am hoping for a fun movie and don't want anything too depressing.

With the early descriptions so far of bringing back Godzilla's "flying" ability and children "praying" to energize and heal Godzilla, I think it's pretty safe to say that this project will be aimed towards the younger-crowd in general and therefore should have more than it's share of "fun" light-hearted moments... :wink:
graphix67
Godzilla Egg

Postby BrollySupersj » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:42 pm

at lease we got a new kaiju.
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Robert Saint John » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:42 pm

Since this thread goes back to the old rumors as far back as August of last year, we'll leave it for archival purposes and a few more posts. But most new posts should probably move to the "Godzilla 3D to the Max (July 05 onward )" thread.
Robert - Cleveland, OH
(formerly mechascorpio)
Robert Saint John
Burning Godzilla

Postby Danno » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:34 pm

So it begins...

Danno
Godzilla

Postby walshbeme » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:46 am

^^So it does.
walshbeme

Postby anguirus23 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:45 pm

:lol:
anguirus23

Postby walshbeme » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:12 pm

china wrote:I hope the movies story doesn't have anything to do with terrorism and 911. I am hoping for a fun movie and don't want anything too depressing.
I think that's why Banno felt compelled to "lighten up" on Godzilla because when you think about it, Hedorah was THE most "depressing" monster ever created by Toho. The graphic elements with people being dissolved to a pile of bones, a construction worker jumping to his death to avoid a collision by Hedorah, the gamblers that were killed when buried by a piece of Hedorah, school girls choking and falling to the ground from Hedorah's fumes when flying by, children and animals buried in sludge, ect. I think this is what pissed Tanaka off, not the hero elements applied to Godzilla, because as we all know, Toho continued that path. Hedorah, in my opinion, was the scariest monster ever created by Toho simply because it was "consuming" Japan with poison, not just destroying it. I don't think Deathla will be graphic but the message is a grim one. That's why a lighter side of Godzilla will once again be the equalizer, so to speak.
walshbeme

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:48 pm

Just curious, but it says TOHO optioned Godzilla and Hedorah out for this proposed project, but Deathla sounds like basically a brand new opponent as opposed to a different version of Hedorah...so what was the point of optioning out Hedorah? :?:
GIANTC0ND0R!!!!!!!! :eek:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby emeGoji » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:36 pm

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Just curious, but it says TOHO optioned Godzilla and Hedorah out for this proposed project, but Deathla sounds like basically a brand new opponent as opposed to a different version of Hedorah...so what was the point of optioning out Hedorah? :?:

A three way?
gmk0taku takuGuy Jack B revenge of gmk0taku
emeGoji
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby walshbeme » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:00 am

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Just curious, but it says TOHO optioned Godzilla and Hedorah out for this proposed project, but Deathla sounds like basically a brand new opponent as opposed to a different version of Hedorah...so what was the point of optioning out Hedorah? :?:
That's a very good question. Maybe the concept was so close that Banno thought it was better to be safe than sorry. We all know Toho is very protective of their properties, including Hedorah. Maybe Hedorah will be mentioned or connected to the story somehow.
walshbeme

Previous

Return to Shin Godzilla and Beyond!