[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Monsters you'd like to see in future films • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Monsters you'd like to see in future films

Discussion on Shin Godzilla and rumors, news, and speculation on other possible future Godzilla projects, including the Godzilla Anime project! Discuss them here!

Moderator: Controllers

Who would you like to see? Round 3!

Gigan
19%
Hedorah
10%
Baragon
8%
Anguirus
11%
Ebirah
1%
Kamacuras
4%
Kumonga
9%
Manda
8%
King Caesar
15%
Other
16%

Total votes : 80

Re: Monsters you'd like to see in future films

Postby Jinzo Ningen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:41 am

If we're pulling from the Toho stable AND talking about the American series then I vote for Anguirus & Varan as neutral/allies and Megalon & Hedorah as villains. None of the kaiju from the Heisei or Millennium timelines particularly interest me enough to ever want to see again.

Anguirus because he just cool-looking, easily likeable & sympathetic as an ally/sidekick for Godzilla. Varan, because he's a fantastic design with lots of potential who sadly never got another shot ...except the shoddy puppet 'blink & you miss it' cameo in DAM.

Megalon for a bad guy because a re-design tweak could actually make him look really cool; plus most folks think cockroaches are pretty icky & gross, so he'd be a no-brainer as a vile, hissable henchman monster, but not a main Big Bad. Hedorah has sooo much potential as a genuine threat any way you look at it/him - especially realized via top shelf CGI in a big budget American flick. His constantly changing/evolving look & upscaling power set make him a serious contender as a powerful boss villain.

Anyhow, that's my $.02 :)
Jinzo Ningen
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:30 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Joseph Goodman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Joseph Goodman
Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:29 pm

With Mothra, Ghidorah and Rodan appearing in the Legendary sequel, Mechagodzilla (and possibly Mothra) appearing in the anime sequel, and various Baby/Proto Godzillas and genetic offshoots (Kamata-kun, Shinagawa-kun, the Servum, Godzilla Filius) also making appearances I decided to update the poll again with popular options cobbled together from the first two.

It looks like previous votes weren't reset for some reason so make sure to change your votes accordingly.
(This might be the last time I do this).
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Giganfan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:55 am

If Toho is planning on doing their own "kaiju-verse" once Legendary's series is finished, I shall be very pleased to see the proposed King Ghidorah solo film. Lots of potential there, as in addition to being Godzilla's greatest enemy, he is also the "extinction-level-event" that lends itself to one great action/disaster movie.

I'd also like to see a movie in which they utilize certain elements from Shusuke Kaneko's original ideas for GMK, namely the origins of the Guardian monsters that he wanted for his movie, Angilas, Varan and Baragon in their own movie. Perhaps setting it in ancient times would be pretty cool.

Or, I think a solo outing for the "unfortunate lovable-loser" of the Toho kaiju canon; "The Unbelievable Varan" only got one shot at the big time, and once that movie bombed, they never seriously thought of him for anything else. I remember reading about a story idea, during the inception of Godzilla vs. Gigan, in which Godzilla, Rodan and Varan would square off against King Ghidorah, Gigan and Megalon, if my memory serves me correctly. Also, I remember hearing rumors of Varan being considered for a couple Godzilla movies over the years, and I was actually shocked that they didn't include him in Godzilla Final Wars. I think it's time for Varan to finally get his due (I need one of those awesome Varan toys that are out there, but I can't afford any of them lol!)

Lastly, but certainly not least, if Toho's doing solo films for Mothra and Ghidorah, you know damn-well who I wanna see get theirs; "the Samurai Warrior of the Sky" himself, Rodan! I am so excited to see him kick some a** in the upcoming Legendary film, even if he does get killed in the end. Rodan is such a noble creature, a scrappy fighter (that kamikaze move he used GhidrahThe Three-Headed Monster is the money-shot of that film) and he's willing to sacrifice himself for his fellow kaiju. I would be really bummed if Toho doesn't bring him back triumphantly.
"EVERYONE FORGET YOUR TROUBLES! ENJOY YOURSELVES!THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!" - Gigantis The Fire Monster

"It was HUGE...It was...IT WAS LIKE A MONSTER!!! Suddenly the rocks rose...ALIVE!" - Godzilla 1985
Giganfan

Previous

Return to Shin Godzilla and Beyond!