What do you WANT to see in the new film.

Discussion on Shin Godzilla and rumors, news, and speculation on other possible future Godzilla projects, including the Godzilla Anime project! Discuss them here!

Moderator: Controllers

What do you WANT to see in the new film.

Postby Henry88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:24 pm

1. godzilla fighting another monster

2.godzilla not to die at the end of the movie

3. grand moments of destruction

4. the godzilla march a some point

5.a hero godzilla
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Green Dragon » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:27 pm

If we get the obligatory footage of reporters hounding officials/scientists for answers, and it's a standard trope for this kind of movie, at least show it with some drama and conviction...... like the opening credits in the Dawn of the Dead remake: reporters asking a ton of questions with government official answering "We don't know." Something that's going to leave the scene with suspense ratcheted up a few notches.

Keeping any silly explanations or pseudo science or bad science to a minimum. Again, present any of that with some heightened level of drama or sense of purpose. Maybe best not to explain some things.

The general raised level of tension in the military in Cloverfield was depicted nicely. Military deployment was featured and integrated nicely in the story. And they were as tripped out as the general population over what was happening! Then again, human interaction with the monster was well played, too (Brooklyn Bridge, street battle before escape to subway).
www.facebook.com/wtodd

"...Tibby, I love you my fine little fella, even though you gave the whole family salmonella..."
Green Dragon
Godzilla

Re: What do you WANT to see in the new film.

Postby walshiam » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Ghost of Criswell wrote:1. godzilla fighting another monster

2.godzilla not to die at the end of the movie

3. grand moments of destruction

4. the godzilla march a some point

5.a hero godzilla

I'll 2nd that!
walshiam
Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:05 am

A good script with good direction
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Gamzilla » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:11 am

Sonny Chiba.
Gamzilla
Godzilla Jr.

Postby jellydonut25 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:24 am

MouthForWar wrote:A good script with good direction

and a GREAT score...

for me, a GREAT score is what keeps me coming back to a movie over and over
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby mrbluehair » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:49 am

You know, a creative way they could slip the Godzilla March in would be if there was some reason for a scene at a Symphony or school music class...they are in the middle of the march when they are ordered to evacuate.

Again though, that would require a reason for the scene.
You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you... for your greatness will silence them all!
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby TerranigmaFreak » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:05 am

I want to see him fight Gamera, Ultraman and King Kong in a 4 way battle.
TerranigmaFreak
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:33 pm

mrbluehair wrote:You know, a creative way they could slip the Godzilla March in would be if there was some reason for a scene at a Symphony or school music class...they are in the middle of the march when they are ordered to evacuate.

ehhh...i'm not a big fan of that...a lot of movies do it and i'm never really keen on it.

it's just like one of those unnecessary cameos that never adds anything except a fangasm...

i really wasn't a fan of the way Jackson did that with the music in King Kong...

maybe that's just me, but i feel like, unless you can incoporate it into the actual score, just leave it be.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby mrbluehair » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:39 pm

jellydonut25 wrote:
mrbluehair wrote:You know, a creative way they could slip the Godzilla March in would be if there was some reason for a scene at a Symphony or school music class...they are in the middle of the march when they are ordered to evacuate.

ehhh...i'm not a big fan of that...a lot of movies do it and i'm never really keen on it.

it's just like one of those unnecessary cameos that never adds anything except a fangasm...

i really wasn't a fan of the way Jackson did that with the music in King Kong...

maybe that's just me, but i feel like, unless you can incoporate it into the actual score, just leave it be.

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from...that could come across as forced. If they include the march, I would like whoever composes it, to do a full orchestra and do it right. Add just a touch of the conductor, but really, keep it down to the original music.
You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you... for your greatness will silence them all!
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby mrbluehair » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:41 pm

I have decided that I want a scene where 2 guys are arguing on a street corner about some other movie, one guy wearing a military uniform and the other holding a jelly donut.

Inside comedy, only for this forum....LOL
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:18 pm

mrbluehair wrote:I have decided that I want a scene where 2 guys are arguing on a street corner about some other movie, one guy wearing a military uniform and the other holding a jelly donut.

if that happens, then it means Legendary has read my script
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby swfreakjpb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 am

Large scale destruction and loss of life that comes with it.

I want Drama like Gojira.

I want clear recognition of the loss of life that will ensue.

Godzilla getting his dinner from a nuclear power plant 1984 style.

I want Godzilla to be tied to Japan in some way and the Otto Island Legend.

I want it to come from the pacific and land on the pacific coast not NY.

A character from Japan that remembers old stories, legends and has an idea of what is happening early on. He or she notices all the strange stuff and weird accidents in the ocean and goes to the US to warn us of what may be coming our way. Strange things like fisherman only getting dead radioactive fish and other dead sea life.
Joined in 1997

"Godzilla doesn't give a crap about France" (Tom Green)

Where's a Giant Monster when you need one?
swfreakjpb
Godzilla

Postby mrbluehair » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:21 pm

swfreakjpb wrote:Large scale destruction and loss of life that comes with it.

I want Drama like Gojira.

I want clear recognition of the loss of life that will ensue.

Godzilla getting his dinner from a nuclear power plant 1984 style.

I want Godzilla to be tied to Japan in some way and the Otto Island Legend.

I want it to come from the pacific and land on the pacific coast not NY.

A character from Japan that remembers old stories, legends and has an idea of what is happening early on. He or she notices all the strange stuff and weird accidents in the ocean and goes to the US to warn us of what may be coming our way. Strange things like fisherman only getting dead radioactive fish and other dead sea life.

Yeah, I don't want to do too much about Godzilla's eating habits, but a chomped up Gray Whale washed ashore would be a cool scene, similar to the Kambeas (SP) scene. The old, "What could bite a whale in half?" scenario.
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby mrbluehair » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:25 pm

jellydonut25 wrote:
mrbluehair wrote:I have decided that I want a scene where 2 guys are arguing on a street corner about some other movie, one guy wearing a military uniform and the other holding a jelly donut.

if that happens, then it means Legendary has read my script

Oh, the one where you squirt the donut jelly at GK? LOL

That might be a cool movie but I don't think people are going to buy the whole "Tango and Cash" vibe you two would be putting down, especially when GK is arguing the legal ramifications of you trying to kill the only creature of it's kind with a giant jelly donut. Could get a little redundant....

:D
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gojiraknight » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Ok, let me make sure I'm reading this right...this thread is for things I WANT to see. Alright. I got it.

1.) Godzilla on his own, as the antagonist.
2.) Strong score that ambitiously takes the Ifukube-sound and brings it into the 21st century.
3.) A movie that actually is about something and isn't just "Insert Monster Movie Here".
4.) An ensemble cast with one strong lead. Emmerich-style...only good.
Monster Zero's "Most Naive Person About 'The Business'" for 7 years running!
Gojiraknight
Heisei Godzilla

Postby mrbluehair » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Gojiraknight wrote: Emmerich-style...only good.

You know that's an oxymoron, don't you? LOL

Like I said, you and jellydonut in a argument on a street corner while Godzilla attacks the city and everyone else is paying attention to that....LOL
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Gojiraknight wrote:Emmerich-style...only good.
Emmerich-style??? So you want a serious, dark-toned movie, that isn't just about "insert monster here" that is not at al serious and is just about explosions and effects???
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby william newell » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:00 am

What I want to see...mature writing, not a movie that comes across as a couple of kids playing "monster" in their backyard.
william newell
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gojiraknight » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:52 am

jellydonut25 wrote:
Emmerich-style??? So you want a serious, dark-toned movie, that isn't just about "insert monster here" that is not at al serious and is just about explosions and effects???

Now it's you who needs to work on his reading comprehension skills. I want it "Emmerich-style...only good", insofar as it's an ensemble cast with one strong lead.

Perhaps I should've said Irwin Allen-style (Towering Inferno) but I figured most readers would be critical enough to understand what I was saying. But then I forgot about you.

You drop blood in the water, you attract sharks.
Gojiraknight
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Gojiraknight wrote:
jellydonut25 wrote:

Now it's you who needs to work on his reading comprehension skills. I want it "Emmerich-style...only good", insofar as it's an ensemble cast with one strong lead.

Perhaps I should've said Irwin Allen-style (Towering Inferno) but I figured most readers would be critical enough to understand what I was saying. But then I forgot about you.

there are definitely other directors out there that work with ensemble casts that aren't hacks like Emmerich...

how about Martin Scorsese? MANY of his films feature more than one A-list star.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Gojiraknight » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:26 pm

jellydonut25 wrote:
Gojiraknight wrote:
jellydonut25 wrote:

there are definitely other directors out there that work with ensemble casts that aren't hacks like Emmerich...

Ok, now you're just reaching for straws. Emmerich uses ensembles. I like ensembles. I'd like this movie to be an ensemble.

Fin.
Gojiraknight
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:23 pm

Gojiraknight wrote:
jellydonut25 wrote:
Gojiraknight wrote:
jellydonut25 wrote:

Ok, now you're just reaching for straws. Emmerich uses ensembles. I like ensembles. I'd like this movie to be an ensemble.

Fin.

As if Emmerich is the only director to ever use ensembles? When I read "Emmerich style- only good" the last thing I thought was "Oh, he must want an ensemble cast"
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby metal_bryan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:43 pm

I want to see Bagan.
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby MouthForWar » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:46 pm

metal_bryan wrote:I want to see Bagan.

But Krystalak? FOR GODS SAKE, WHAT ABOUT KRYSTALAK?!
MouthForWar
Controller

Next

Return to Shin Godzilla and Beyond!