Fan Boys have to get hurt..in order for a Epic Godzilla

Discussion on Shin Godzilla and rumors, news, and speculation on other possible future Godzilla projects, including the Godzilla Anime project! Discuss them here!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby MouthForWar » Tue May 27, 2008 3:06 am

mechascorpio wrote:Please, this premise of a "wolf pack" is frankly BS. It started as a response to the calculated tone of the original post, HG's unfriendly attitude, and his ridiculous assertion that, in summary:

That was his point, and it is laughable. So we laugh. But I don't know a single one of the so-called "wolf pack" who doesn't at least like, if not love, GMK (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). So in my mind the argument (only a handful of fans like "dark" Godzilla movies) falls apart right there. [/quote]

Thank you... that was my point exactly.

mechascorpio wrote:To we77964 and anyone else who falls into the "Serious G" crowd (another BS description... my own, lol), there isn't inherently anything wrong with what you're saying, and there's no problem with the discussion of the topic. Don't take things that are for the most part an in-kind response to HG's post so personally. At the same time, don't expect you can say "toss the fairies" and not get a reaction. If you state something as fact, you may be challenged by someone with a different opinion. Be prepared to back up what you state as fact rather than opinion. And if you give sarcasm and attitude, you're probably going to get it in return.

Once again, my point exactly, only stated much better. Don't act like a victim after being called out on saying dumb things without backing them up with any fact or reasoning behind it.

mechascorpio wrote:EDIT/ADDED - You know what? Time to re-activate the old "no fanboy" rule, come to think of it. "Fanboy" is a derisive, divisive term that was used and abused in the GFW era, and it really has no place in a conversation between members who are supposed to be respectful of each other. It's use in the title itself should have been my first clue how this would turn out.

You know, I still don't even understand the word "fanboy," and I probably never will. Aren't we all fanboys to some extent? Its a dumb word with a vague meaning and its best left out of all of our vocabularies.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby we77964 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:01 am

Gooberzilla wrote:Why would anyone want to attack a fellow member for simply having a different idea of where Toho should take the Godzilla franchise? It seems like some of you folks get nervous when people talk about taking Godzilla out of his "Japanese" cult status. :roll:

Thank you. Thank you. I hadn’t have this much abuse since I made a comment about Americanizing GMK. GEZZZZ. Then I stop posting and reading this forum for months. Looks like nothing has change.
MouthForWar wrote: Because he's taking his "differing opinion" to unbelievably stupid heights and making unfounded claims that aren't based in any kind of facts. He simply hasn't backed himself up. I don't think me, Legion, August, Robert or Ben have attacked anybody in this thread. We're explaining why we think his vision for what "toho needs to do" is wrong and all he's really done is pull "facts" out of nowhere and not pay attention to anything anybody has said. Half of his posts haven't made any sense on any level (literally and figuratively) and its hard to even know what he's talking about. Besides, he's carrying on a post made by someone who only started it for a reaction. He's unknowingly agreeing with someone who just came here to flame. Besides, maybe if he didn't defy logic so much, we wouldn't "gang up" on him.

You sure do have a leaky mouth, Mouth for War. Opps maybe I should call you Leakymouth. What you just said is a bald face LIE. That’s right I said it. You said you and other did not attack me. If that is so true, Leakymouth, then how come you have just refer me as weburger, Whopper Jr. etc? Can you answer that or going on wait for Legion to back you up?
It is not what you said IT IS YOUR TONE. Mr. So-called Butual Honest Legion’s TONE. WATCH YOUR TONE WITH FOLKS. I tell sarcasm on here. If you want to talk to me, then do it in a manner of respect. If not, all you are doing is continuing this “conflictâ€
we77964
Godzilla Jr.

Postby MouthForWar » Tue May 27, 2008 4:38 am

we77964 wrote:
MouthForWar wrote: Because he's taking his "differing opinion" to unbelievably stupid heights and making unfounded claims that aren't based in any kind of facts. He simply hasn't backed himself up. I don't think me, Legion, August, Robert or Ben have attacked anybody in this thread. We're explaining why we think his vision for what "toho needs to do" is wrong and all he's really done is pull "facts" out of nowhere and not pay attention to anything anybody has said. Half of his posts haven't made any sense on any level (literally and figuratively) and its hard to even know what he's talking about. Besides, he's carrying on a post made by someone who only started it for a reaction. He's unknowingly agreeing with someone who just came here to flame. Besides, maybe if he didn't defy logic so much, we wouldn't "gang up" on him.

we77964 wrote:ou sure do have a leaky mouth, Mouth for War. Opps maybe I should call you Leakymouth. What you just said is a bald face LIE. That’s right I said it. You said you and other did not attack me. If that is so true, Leakymouth, then how come you have just refer me as weburger, Whopper Jr. etc? Can you answer that or going on wait for Legion to back you up?

Because it fits your annoyingly goofy posts and its better than typing out your ridiculous screen name. If you it REALLY bothers you that much, I'll stop saying it (even though I only said it 3 times at the most). Ok, we77964? Is that better?

[quote="we77964"]It is not what you said IT IS YOUR TONE. Mr. So-called Butual Honest Legion’s TONE. WATCH YOUR TONE WITH FOLKS. I tell sarcasm on here. If you want to talk to me, then do it in a manner of respect. If not, all you are doing is continuing this “conflictâ€
Last edited by MouthForWar on Tue May 27, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Legion » Tue May 27, 2008 8:20 am

I think what we77964 needs to do is stop posting for a little while and take his time to actually re-read this entire thread (his posts included) from start to finish. I'm of the belief right now that he just skims posts looking for little tidbits that he can try and make an argument out of.

And I think it's funny how it's not until we're a good 6 pages in that defenders come out of the woodwork tying to paint most of us as a pack of vultures who are getting our kicks by attacking we77964. We didn't start this ridiculous, flame baiting thread in the first place. Shame on HydrogenatedGojira for again starting a thread with no purpose other than to piss people off.

This thread should have been closed a long time ago.
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby kiryugoji04 » Tue May 27, 2008 8:25 am

I just hope and pray that people like we77964 aren't native English-speakers. Why is it that people like this always have the worst grammar imaginable? I die a little inside every time I read one of their posts. >>
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content @Xenofauna
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Legion » Tue May 27, 2008 8:33 am

kiryugoji04 wrote:I just hope and pray that people like we77964 aren't native English-speakers. Why is it that people like this always have the worst grammar imaginable? I die a little inside every time I read one of their posts. >>

Some people also don't believe proper spelling and intelligent grammar are really necessary when posting something on the internet.

I think we need to lay off we77964. He's already insisted that he intents to keep fighting everyone until someone gets banned. Childish I know but we don't really want that, do we?
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Elliot Gay » Tue May 27, 2008 8:55 am

kiryugoji04 wrote:I just hope and pray that people like we77964 aren't native English-speakers. Why is it that people like this always have the worst grammar imaginable? I die a little inside every time I read one of their posts. >>

I'd really LOVE to believe it's just coincidence. But that's probably too much to ask, isn't it?
Elliot Gay
Heisei Godzilla

Postby briizilla » Tue May 27, 2008 10:11 am

Legion wrote:

Some people also don't believe proper spelling and intelligent grammar are really necessary when posting something on the internet.

I think we need to lay off we77964. He's already insisted that he intents to keep fighting everyone until someone gets banned. Childish I know but we don't really want that, do we?

If we are the wolfpac can I be Scott Hall?

As for the spelling...if you cant even make an intelligent argument, how can you be expected to intelligently put an argument into words?
~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby KaijuHQ » Tue May 27, 2008 11:09 am

briizilla wrote:As for the spelling...if you cant even make an intelligent argument, how can you be expected to intelligently put an argument into words?

Because this is America and there must be excuses and acceptance for everything, no matter what. :roll: :lol:
Last edited by KaijuHQ on Tue May 27, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuHQ
Godzilla

Postby walshbeme » Tue May 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Here we go again!!!
walshbeme

Postby Mac » Tue May 27, 2008 4:59 pm

Why is it that people like this always have the worst grammar imaginable?

stfu u hav no write two talk about grammer
The new Gamera will be worse than Super Monster.
Mac
Heisei Godzilla

Postby KaijuHQ » Tue May 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Mac wrote:stfu u hav no write two talk about grammer

Good lord I hope that's supposed to be sarcastic. :lol:
Last edited by KaijuHQ on Tue May 27, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuHQ
Godzilla

Postby Cookie » Tue May 27, 2008 5:16 pm

KaijuHQ wrote:
Mac wrote:stfu u hav no write two talk about grammer

Good lord I hope that's supposed to be sarcastic. :lol:

LOL!!

Oh me too, me too.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer
Cookie
Burning Godzilla

Postby Xenorama » Tue May 27, 2008 5:24 pm

and why is anyone dragging his grammer into this? what's she done to Godzilla fandom this time? :lol:

David
Xenorama
Monster 01

Postby kiryugoji04 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:34 pm

Xenorama wrote:and why is anyone dragging his grammer into this? what's she done to Godzilla fandom this time? :lol:

David

It just really bothers me in *any* thread. I dunno. I cringed when KaijuHQ said "excepting" instead of "accepting" (though he seems to have fixed it now), so I die a little inside whenever I see posts like we77964's. :lol:

Also, his grandmother is perhaps the one who made Godzilla films kid-friendly and ruined them in the 70s? :lol:
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content @Xenofauna
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby we77964 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:43 pm

MouthForWar wrote:Besides, Robert (mechascorpio) has basically agreed with everything anyone else has said to you. Just because he said it "nicer" doesn't mean anything. He only did that because he doesn't want to resort to locking this thread and he'd like to see some real conversation develop. But your whole "he started it first" schtick isn't helping the original topic, is it? Maybe if you'd stop acting so helpless and get back to the conversation, the thread won't have to be locked. Chances are you haven't called him out as one of the "wolf pack" because he's a mod.

I dont care if was a mod or not. It all has to do with your tone.
MouthForWar wrote:The best thing for YOU to do is stop acting like everyone is stabbing your heart with each post and either A. Get back to the original topic and show us that you know how to debate or B. Stop posting in this thread.

Stop trying to accuse me of playing victim. I am no one's victim. HOWEVER, I will not allow anyone to gang up on someone and get away with it.

If you want this to end, then dont say a thing.

Legion wrote:And I think it's funny how it's not until we're a good 6 pages in that defenders come out of the woodwork tying to paint most of us as a pack of vultures who are getting our kicks by attacking we77964. We didn't start this ridiculous, flame baiting thread in the first place. Shame on HydrogenatedGojira for again starting a thread with no purpose other than to piss people off..

Did Hydro put a gun to your head and made you sprew your harsh comments? Hydro is gulity of what he did, but so are you.
we77964
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Andrew Nguyen » Tue May 27, 2008 6:15 pm

The incredible about of hatred spewing out in this thread is making me sick. I thought that our own individual experiences in liking this series would help override such differences but it seems I was sadly wrong.

While I agree with some of the people who are calling for a more serious and mature tone for the Godzilla movies when Toho relaunches them, they way they're going about it makes me sick to my stomach.

Can all of you calm down please.
I got no problem with anybody who jumps into a Starfury and rides fire! (Babylon 5)
Andrew Nguyen
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Robert Saint John » Tue May 27, 2008 7:09 pm

I do have to say that I'm thrilled to see that the half hour I spent working on my "let's get along" message last night was so well spent!
Robert - Cleveland, OH
(formerly mechascorpio)
Robert Saint John
Burning Godzilla

Postby we77964 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:25 pm

mechascorpio wrote:I do have to say that I'm thrilled to see that the half hour I spent working on my "let's get along" message last night was so well spent!

I am willing to get along and play nice. :D
we77964
Godzilla Jr.

Postby KaijuHQ » Tue May 27, 2008 7:30 pm

kiryugoji04 wrote:I cringed when KaijuHQ said "excepting" instead of "accepting" (though he seems to have fixed it now)

Sorry, I posted that early in the morning and just after I had gotten to work, so my mind was a bit goofy. I was skimming through the posts later on and saw that, had to correct it and kick myself. :lmfao:
KaijuHQ
Godzilla

Postby SciFi Geek » Tue May 27, 2008 8:07 pm

Can't we all just get along?

:(
SciFi Geek
Little Godzilla

Postby william newell » Tue May 27, 2008 10:07 pm

...little doggie... :D
william newell
Heisei Godzilla

Postby kidnicky » Wed May 28, 2008 12:48 am

Briizilla,if you want to be Scott Hall,you have to be prepared to live the Scott Hall lifestyle. :)
IMO,instead of Wolfpack you guys should be called the "Legionaires."
Or maybe "People Who Have Realistic Expectations Regarding Toho." That last one doesn't really roll off the tongue though.

And Weeble,you seriously HAVE to watch the spelling/grammar if you don't want to be laughed at. Simple as that. People might be a little more open to your opinions if they didn't look like they came from GameFAQS or an AOL chatroom.
I'm sure myself and everyone else here has the occasional typo,but when I try to read your posts all I see is "No Child Left Behind."
BTW,something you read on a message board has no "tone."
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby kidnicky » Wed May 28, 2008 1:12 am

Something else I thought of, am I the only one here who finds GMK's "adult-ness" a little overrated? Before I saw it,I thought it would be like a horror movie,but it was a PG fantasy film I'd show to a 6 year old with no reservations. The only thing I can think of is that since it *is* darker than Megaguirus,the "serious Godzilla" crowd just latched on and ran with it.
I did like the movie,except for Ghidorah's sad costume.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby Robert Saint John » Wed May 28, 2008 1:32 am

kidnicky wrote:Something else I thought of, am I the only one here who finds GMK's "adult-ness" a little overrated?

As a movie, yes, but I think the seriousness comes from the character of Godzilla himself, which is the first time since G54 that G has been a no holds barred, merciless, savage force. Not a hint of G The Defender, even with other monsters thrown in. The theme (the war dead) itself is a little "crunchier" than most G films. But even with these elements, it's not much more dark or adult than most other G films.

I don't know. As I type, I realize that GxMG and GMMG didn't cast G as a hero either. But there was a sympathy play, and a child featured in both. And, of course, the rainbows and winks.
Robert - Cleveland, OH
(formerly mechascorpio)
Robert Saint John
Burning Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Shin Godzilla and Beyond!