Fan Boys have to get hurt..in order for a Epic Godzilla

Discussion on Shin Godzilla and rumors, news, and speculation on other possible future Godzilla projects, including the Godzilla Anime project! Discuss them here!

Moderator: Controllers

Fan Boys have to get hurt..in order for a Epic Godzilla

Postby HydroGojira » Wed May 21, 2008 1:48 pm

Its that simple

The Die Hard fan boys of Godzilla, that rather see Godzilla be all goofy, and for the kids, has been causing godzilla to be ridiculed for faaaaaaar too long.

The Big G deserves better than that, I mean I understand alot of you are selfish, and don't care what everyone else thinks of godzilla. But um.......I care...

Godzilla been my hero since I was three....and granted I didn't know what was going on when I was 3, I loved the movies. The Showa series of course, all that was funny to me, but as I got older, and got spoiled by the Hensei Series (My favorite era, along with millenium) I wanted the movies to be more serious, this is a character, that for far too long has been looked at as a clown.

Now I'm 29, got like 3 godzilla tatto's and been through the up's and downs of the series....my worst fears came true with G98, The one shot for us to get some respect in america....and on my way to go see the movie opening day I finally see the godzilla model in a circular in my newspaper.....disgusted...jerry the t-rex...ugh..

Then I get hit with the news that Godzilla is going away for 10 years....10 long years...cause the franchise ain't making money. Well damn, maybe its cause they are still acting like its the 70's with that ATROCIOUS Final Wars..

Did we really need a Destroy All Monsters remake?
I mean I took D.A.M. more serious than Final Wars...

that was just a horrible....horrible movie, and thats what I'm left with? Thats what I'm left with for 10 years....Final Wars?

Where did we go wrong???
So we got a handfull of people that eat up the camp of godzilla
But you got others that want a decent movie, I feel like i'm being strung along here...

Yea Cloverfield was good....cause there was danger....I don't agree with the way the film was captured but....that movie worked (with such a monster that godzilla could have whooped on)

Now Imagine a movie where something like cloverfield comes along and attacks....give godzilla ...10 minutes of film time just to take out the monster, and that movie will be better than final wars...

Anything...I mean...what are we waiting for...
Me to win the lotto so I can produce a decent godzilla film?
We'll we are going to be waiting a long time for that..

You want rainbows and winks, go watch sailor moon
this is godzilla
king of the monsters

Godzilla in 09
Change We Can Believe In
HydroGojira
Godzilla Egg

Postby kiryugoji04 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Oh God, not another one.
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content @Xenofauna
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Wed May 21, 2008 2:03 pm

:lol:
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Legion » Wed May 21, 2008 2:04 pm

WHAT in the holy hell are you talking about?

I'm 29 as well and I've been a Godzilla fan since I was 6. An absolute die-hard Godzilla fan. And I'm shaking my head at the inanity of this thread.

Although Final Wars' box office didn't help, Godzilla was going to retire in 2004 no matter what. The Milennium films weren't doing all that hot at the box office to begin with and Toho planned for Final Wars to be the final Godzilla movie. So it wouldn't have mattered if FW had been every Godzilla fan's dream come true. The series still would have ended and Godzilla would have gone on a nice long (well needed) break anyway.

I really have no idea where you've gotten this crazy idea that the "selfish" die hard fans want a goofy, campy Godzilla from. Are you one of those Sith-like Godzilla fans who deal in absolutes? If someone doesn't prefer a dark, gritty, bloody, Cloverfield-type Godzilla then they obviously want Godzilla to crap rainbows and wink at beautiful girls? I'm getting tired of that line of reasoning. And it sounds more than a bit familiar. Haven't we heard this nonsense before?

And shame on you for "blaming" die-hard Godzilla fans who enjoy the 70s films for somehow ruining the series and putting Godzilla on a well-deserved a 10 year hiatus that for some reason you seem incapable of dealing with.
Last edited by Legion on Wed May 21, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Xenorama » Wed May 21, 2008 2:05 pm

just be patient, someone will come along to top this one, later.

David
Xenorama
Monster 01

Postby Legion » Wed May 21, 2008 2:07 pm

Xenorama wrote:just be patient, someone will come along to top this one, later.

Of course they will. The internet gets stupider every year.

:roll: :roll:

I'm going to put on Godzilla's Revenge, Godzilla vs Hedora and Godzilla vs Megalon tonight just to spite the original poster. And I'm only going to watch the silly parts. :lol:
Last edited by Legion on Wed May 21, 2008 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Wed May 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Legion wrote:WHAT in the holy hell are you talking about?

I'm 29 as well and I've been a Godzilla fan since I was 6. An absolute die-hard Godzilla fan. And I'm shaking my head at the inanity of this thread.

Although Final Wars' box office didn't help, Godzilla was going to retire in 2004 no matter what. The Milennium films weren't doing all that hot at the box office to begin with and Toho planned for Final Wars to be the final Godzilla movie. So it wouldn't have mattered if FW had been every Godzilla fan's dream come true. The series still would have ended and Godzilla would have gone on a nice long (well needed) break anyway.

I really have no idea where you've gotten this crazy idea that the "selfish" die hard fans want a goofy, campy Godzilla from. Are you one of those Sith-like Godzilla fans who deal in absolutes? If someone doesn't prefer a dark, gritty, bloody, Cloverfield-type Godzilla then they obviously want Godzilla to crap rainbows and wink at beautiful girls? I'm getting tired of that line of reasoning. And it sounds more than a bit familiar. Haven't we heard this nonsense before?

And shame on you for "blaming" die-hard Godzilla fans who enjoy the 70s films for somehow ruining the series and putting Godzilla on a well-deserved a 10 year hiatus that for some reason you seem incapable of dealing with.

Thank you Legion... now I don't have to make my own reply to this idiotic thread... you said it perfectly.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby armandv » Wed May 21, 2008 2:19 pm

Legion wrote:
Xenorama wrote:just be patient, someone will come along to top this one, later.

Of course they will. The internet gets stupider every year.

:roll: :roll:

I'm going to put on Godzilla's Revenge, Godzilla vs Hedora and Godzilla vs Megalon tonight just to spite the original poster. And I'm only going to watch the silly parts. :lol:

Take a look at the very last line in his post. Maybe his "Messiah" will deliver us from those wacky G-films that killed the series. :lol:
armandv
Heisei Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Wed May 21, 2008 2:35 pm

Legion wrote:I'm going to put on Godzilla's Revenge, Godzilla vs Hedora and Godzilla vs Megalon tonight just to spite the original poster.

Wow, i haven't actually laughed out loud at something on a message board in a while. That was classic! :lol:

I don't get people like this either. Why the animosity for the showa era? The heisei era (your favorite) was just as campy & silly & unbelievable, just in a different way. psychics? giant plants with the soul of a girl? the origin for space godzilla? THE ENITRE PLOT OF GvsKG????? come on!

Besides, the earlier showa films were very well done with a LOT of heart & care, GOOD acting, well written scripts. what else do you want? & i personally think many of the showa effects from the 60's hold up better than a LOT of the stuff done in the 90's films. Sure they're not photorealistic, but they were never SUPPOSED to be. They're surreal, just like Godzilla himself! I don't understand why it's so hard for some people to get that.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Mac » Wed May 21, 2008 3:28 pm

The irony in this statement is killer, seeing as most fanboys are drooling for an incredibly dark film.
The new Gamera will be worse than Super Monster.
Mac
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Fan Boys have to get hurt..in order for a Epic Godzilla

Postby Lord Hastur » Wed May 21, 2008 3:38 pm

HydroGojira wrote:Its that simple

The Die Hard fan boys of Godzilla, that rather see Godzilla be all goofy, and for the kids, has been causing godzilla to be ridiculed for faaaaaaar too long.

The Big G deserves better than that, I mean I understand alot of you are selfish, and don't care what everyone else thinks of godzilla. But um.......I care...

Godzilla been my hero since I was three....and granted I didn't know what was going on when I was 3, I loved the movies. The Showa series of course, all that was funny to me, but as I got older, and got spoiled by the Hensei Series (My favorite era, along with millenium) I wanted the movies to be more serious, this is a character, that for far too long has been looked at as a clown.

Now I'm 29, got like 3 godzilla tatto's and been through the up's and downs of the series....my worst fears came true with G98, The one shot for us to get some respect in america....and on my way to go see the movie opening day I finally see the godzilla model in a circular in my newspaper.....disgusted...jerry the t-rex...ugh..

Then I get hit with the news that Godzilla is going away for 10 years....10 long years...cause the franchise ain't making money. Well damn, maybe its cause they are still acting like its the 70's with that ATROCIOUS Final Wars..

that was just a horrible....horrible movie, and thats what I'm left with? Thats what I'm left with for 10 years....Final Wars?

Where did we go wrong???
But you got others that want a decent movie, I feel like i'm being strung along here...

Yea Cloverfield was good....cause there was danger....I don't agree with the way the film was captured but....that movie worked (with such a monster that godzilla could have whooped on)

Now Imagine a movie where something like cloverfield comes along and attacks....give godzilla ...10 minutes of film time just to take out the monster, and that movie will be better than final wars...

this is godzilla
king of the monsters

Godzilla in 09
Change We Can Believe In

Oh my God this is retarded!! -

Godzilla in 09 huh?? - :lol:
Lord Hastur

yeah

Postby Xenorama » Wed May 21, 2008 3:55 pm

Mac wrote:The irony in this statement is killer, seeing as most fanboys are drooling for an incredibly dark film.

yeah, this is what i thought. so he's railing against himself?

David
Xenorama
Monster 01

Postby Legion » Wed May 21, 2008 4:26 pm

This wins the gold for post of the year.

Pure hilarity from start to finish.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Wed May 21, 2008 4:42 pm

I love this method of thinking. (sarcasm) Although it makes me question where I am in the fandom. I'd like to see a dark and gritty Godzilla movie (primarily because I like to see different things tried out with properties), but I also love the hell out of Godzilla vs the Smog Monster (my 2nd favorite Showa film). Maybe I'm a hybrid of a humble godzilla fan such as the original poster and those terrible fanboys.
Last edited by MekaGojira3k on Wed May 21, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby KaijuHQ » Wed May 21, 2008 6:26 pm

:roll:
Check Please!
KaijuHQ
Godzilla

Postby Robert Saint John » Wed May 21, 2008 6:36 pm

HydroGojira wrote:Where did we go wrong???

I think you're under the misunderstanding that Toho Company Ltd. takes their guidance from (i.e., "gives a s***) "Die Hard fan boys of Godzilla", whoever they are, and whatever it is they want on a given day. Especially those in the west.

Which reminds me, I'm still waiting on my DHfboG membership card.

Godzilla in 09
Change We Can Believe In

Stop. Now.

BTW, out of morbid curiosity,what makes you think you didn't run this topic into the ground and spit on it in the thread you started, "No more "Kiddie" Godzilla Films, we need a Dark Se" .

Never did figure out what a Dark Se is, but I think that thread pretty much established that one wasn't needed.

Anyway, I ended up having to close that thread because it brought the asshat out in someone. I'll do it again if I have to, for the sake of mankind.
Robert - Cleveland, OH
(formerly mechascorpio)
Robert Saint John
Burning Godzilla

Postby Cookie » Wed May 21, 2008 7:10 pm

LOL

Now, I want to see a "dark se" Godzilla film too, but there's also nothing wrong with the showa era......

How are the "fanboys" to blame? I think you mean Toho? They don't honestly care what us "fanboys" have to say.....

GFW was a entertaining film, but I HAVE come to realize that it was a horrible 50th anniversary film.....that wasn't OUR fault though. That was Toho's fault for getting a horrible director(for the type of genre)..
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer
Cookie
Burning Godzilla

Postby kiryugoji04 » Wed May 21, 2008 7:32 pm

I would have to count myself as another "I don't really care what they do," fans. I just love Godzilla and my favorite thing about him is the variety of themes and atmospheres the series has had throughout the years. If they do a darker film I'd see it and enjoy it. If they do an anime then I'm open to it (if the animation and art style are well done). If they want to do more stuff like the 70s era that's fine too (provided it doesn't suck as much as Final Wars). Whatever, just show me Godzilla.

But in the meantime I'm just dandy watching the films we already have, catching up on the Ultra and Kamen Rider series, etc. There's tons of toku to go around, quit being so stuck on Godzilla!

On a side note:

kiryugoji04 wrote:Oh dear God, not another one of you people.

kiryugoji04 wrote:Oh God, not another one.

Déjà vu!
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Robert Saint John » Wed May 21, 2008 8:09 pm

kiryugoji04 wrote:Déjà vu!

I was hoping you'd do it again!
Robert - Cleveland, OH
(formerly mechascorpio)
Robert Saint John
Burning Godzilla

Postby kiryugoji04 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:12 pm

mechascorpio wrote:
kiryugoji04 wrote:Déjà vu!

I was hoping you'd do it again!

Glad I could be of service!
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby we77964 » Wed May 21, 2008 9:33 pm

HydroGojira wrote:Its that simple

Where did we go wrong???

this is godzilla
king of the monsters

Godzilla in 09
Change We Can Believe In

Hyrdo, You are right.
Lets look at the serious Godzilla films. Godzilla, GRA, MvG, MZ, and G85. The rest should be toss as campy or stupid. Granted MvG and MZ have camp in some parts.

An Epic Godzilla film should contain each of these items.
The spookiness of G85.
The sense of wonder of GvM'64
The novelty of MZ
An serious opening like GINO, G54, or even G85.
An international cast like MZ G54 and G85.
A haunting musical score. Gino's opening, G2K, G85, Varan.

They should toss away the silliness. A song that could wake up a monster. The Fairies translating the monster talk. Beam Wars. Less action.
we77964
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Legion » Wed May 21, 2008 9:36 pm

we77964 wrote:Hyrdo, You are right.
Lets look at the serious Godzilla films. Godzilla, GRA, MvG, MZ, and G85. The rest should be toss as campy or stupid. Granted MvG and MZ have camp in some parts.

The spookiness of G85.
The novelty of MZ

They should toss away the silliness. A song that could wake up a monster. The Fairies translating the monster talk. Beam Wars. Less action.

Go away.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dagarah72 » Wed May 21, 2008 9:37 pm

HydroGojira wrote:Now I'm 29, got like 3 godzilla tatto's

Well I got a tattoo of Gigan & Jet Jaguar, so I guess that makes me one of those bad fans for celebrating the goofy side of Godzilla. Oh, I'm so ashamed! :(

LOL!!!!!!! :lol:
Dagarah72
Godzilla

Postby we77964 » Wed May 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Legion wrote:
we77964 wrote:Hyrdo, You are right.

The spookiness of G85.
The novelty of MZ

Go away.

Make me?
we77964
Godzilla Jr.

Postby kidnicky » Wed May 21, 2008 9:45 pm

Congrats,HydroGoji,I'm actually a little stupider for having read that. I bet Toho will make an NA-17 kaiju movie if you agree to pay them the money they'd otherwise make from Bandai.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Next

Return to Shin Godzilla and Beyond!