Monsters you'd like to see in future films

Discussion on Shin Godzilla and rumors, news, and speculation on other possible future Godzilla projects, including the Godzilla Anime project! Discuss them here!

Moderator: Controllers

Who would you like to see? Round 3!

Gigan
18%
Hedorah
8%
Baragon
8%
Anguirus
11%
Ebirah
No votes
Kamacuras
3%
Kumonga
8%
Manda
8%
King Caesar
18%
Other
18%

Total votes : 62

Re: Monsters you'd like to see in future films

Postby Jinzo Ningen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:41 am

If we're pulling from the Toho stable AND talking about the American series then I vote for Anguirus & Varan as neutral/allies and Megalon & Hedorah as villains. None of the kaiju from the Heisei or Millennium timelines particularly interest me enough to ever want to see again.

Anguirus because he just cool-looking, easily likeable & sympathetic as an ally/sidekick for Godzilla. Varan, because he's a fantastic design with lots of potential who sadly never got another shot ...except the shoddy puppet 'blink & you miss it' cameo in DAM.

Megalon for a bad guy because a re-design tweak could actually make him look really cool; plus most folks think cockroaches are pretty icky & gross, so he'd be a no-brainer as a vile, hissable henchman monster, but not a main Big Bad. Hedorah has sooo much potential as a genuine threat any way you look at it/him - especially realized via top shelf CGI in a big budget American flick. His constantly changing/evolving look & upscaling power set make him a serious contender as a powerful boss villain.

Anyhow, that's my $.02 :)
Jinzo Ningen
Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:30 pm

It’s far too simple! Kids are much too sophisticated for that now.

But my monster's created by telepathic action of kids!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Joseph Goodman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:47 pm

lhb412 wrote:
It’s far too simple! Kids are much too sophisticated for that now.

But my monster's created by telepathic action of kids!

I think it stinks!
Joseph Goodman
Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:29 pm

With Mothra, Ghidorah and Rodan appearing in the Legendary sequel, Mechagodzilla (and possibly Mothra) appearing in the anime sequel, and various Baby/Proto Godzillas and genetic offshoots (Kamata-kun, Shinagawa-kun, the Servum, Godzilla Filius) also making appearances I decided to update the poll again with popular options cobbled together from the first two.

It looks like previous votes weren't reset for some reason so make sure to change your votes accordingly.
(This might be the last time I do this).
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Godzilla

Previous

Return to Shin Godzilla and Beyond!