Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy *SPOILERS*

Discussion on Shin Godzilla and rumors, news, and speculation on other possible future Godzilla projects, including the Godzilla Anime project! Discuss them here!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy *SPOILERS*

Postby lhb412 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:28 pm

I was just thinking: since Mechagodzilla was built to fight the much smaller Godzilla of the past, won't the future Godzilla tower over it? I mean, if was built to be the same size as Godzilla then it'd be buzzing around Godzilla Earth (his name, right?) like oh-so-many fighter jets of the past - unless they made Mechagodzilla ridiculously large in the first place.

Here's a theory: the new Mechagodzilla has size changing technology (like Jet Jaguar). Since I'm making such a bold prediction howsabout another: there's a time limit on this ability, adding a countdown clock element to the drama.
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 13484
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy *SPOILERS*

Postby Ultra T-Rex » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:26 pm

lhb412 wrote:I was just thinking: since Mechagodzilla was built to fight the much smaller Godzilla of the past, won't the future Godzilla tower over it? I mean, if was built to be the same size as Godzilla then it'd be buzzing around Godzilla Earth (his name, right?) like oh-so-many fighter jets of the past - unless they made Mechagodzilla ridiculously large in the first place.

Here's a theory: the new Mechagodzilla has size changing technology (like Jet Jaguar). Since I'm making such a bold prediction howsabout another: there's a time limit on this ability, adding a countdown clock element to the drama.

You know, one aspect of Mechagodzilla and other giant robots built for the express purpose of fighting and killing giant monsters in general that makes less sense the more you think about it (like so much genre fiction in general, and that's part of what makes it so wonderful!), is that they're always built to match the size of the monster(s) damn near exactly.

From an in-universe point of view, if you live in a world where it's possible for things like this to exist and you have the technology and resources to construct a machine like this that's actually functional, and where the entire point is for it to serve as a giant monster killer; why not make it at least twice, maybe three times the size of the monster(s)?

It could be pretty fun if, this time, they subverted that by building a Mechagodzilla that had a massive size advantage on its side - but then Godzilla conveniently ended up growing until he matched or even dwarfed it anyway!
User avatar
Ultra T-Rex
Godzilla Jr.
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:53 pm

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy *SPOILERS*

Postby lhb412 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:46 pm

Ultra T-Rex wrote:From an in-universe point of view, if you live in a world where it's possible for things like this to exist and you have the technology and resources to construct a machine like this that's actually functional, and where the entire point is for it to serve as a giant monster killer; why not make it at least twice, maybe three times the size of the monster(s)?


I'm guessing... budget? It's probably easy to convince the moneymen that your robot needs to be at least the size of its opponent, but once you start trying to bump it up they probably get sheepish.
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 13484
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy *SPOILERS*

Postby Benjamin Haines » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:12 am

Mechagodzilla has always been just a little taller than Godzilla. I guess the black hole aliens, G-Force and JXSDF all thought it was enough.

MG with size-changing abilities is something that needs to happen, if not in the anime sequels then in a future live-action movie.
Image
User avatar
Benjamin Haines
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 4787
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy *SPOILERS*

Postby KaiserGhidorah » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Finally got around to watching this......It wasn't bad IMHO. I didn't enjoy it on the same level that I did Shin Godzilla but nevertheless.....I didn't mind it as others here seem to be tearing it apart. Perhaps I'm just to easy going on movies anymore.......I'll watch the next two features for sure to see how a fight between a thousand foot Godzilla and a thousand foot Mechagodzilla pans out without the earth collapsing from underneath their weight.
User avatar
KaiserGhidorah
Godzilla
 
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:36 pm

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy *SPOILERS*

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:15 am

KaiserGhidorah wrote: how a fight between a thousand foot Godzilla and a thousand foot Mechagodzilla pans out without the earth collapsing from underneath their weight.

my prediction: VERY boringly.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
User avatar
jellydonut25
Controller
 
Posts: 18005
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:18 am
Location: Houston, TX via Buffalo, NY

Previous

Return to Shin Godzilla and Beyond!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest