[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Glitchy thread... • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Glitchy thread...

Board-wide announcements & FAQs, general fan concerns, site problems, suggestions for new features, etc.

Moderator: Controllers

Glitchy thread...

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:43 pm

lately whenever I try to view/post on the specific thread...General Discussion/I Wanna watch cartoons/DC Direct to Video Releases...the whole site freezes...this is the only thread that appears to have this problem, any assistance is appreciated. Thank you
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Glitchy thread...

Postby The Gene Lantern » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:33 pm

"The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen, and we call them miracles." -The 11th Doctor, The Pandorica Opens
The Gene Lantern
Monster 01

Postby Baltan II » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:41 am

Just tried the same thing, opening page nine of the thread, and the site got hung up partway through loading the page but it did finish loading after a while. Not sure what the issue could have been, but it's probably not liking some embedded content from one of the posts, presumably one from mr.negativity.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:37 pm

It's not happening for me. The two latest posts by Mr. Negativity each contain YouTube videos and it took my laptop about 20 seconds to display both videos; prior to that they were just little boxes that said "phpBB [media]" while the rest of the page loaded immediately and I had no problem scrolling up and down at any point. That's normal for me whenever a video in a post doesn't load right away, which happens too. If other devices load embedded videos differently, like not loading the page at all until they can display all of the media, then that might result in loading issues. Has anyone experienced loading issues on other thread pages containing embedded videos?
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:36 pm

Can't speak for OS but that thread is the only time I've ever experienced that issue. Just today I was browsing multiple pages of the Cool Videos Thread and had zero issues.

I am now experiencing exactly what you are Ben, rather than the problem I described earlier. I think it's working that way because Eric Dent posted something. Whatever is wrong, it's linked to at least one of those two videos specifically.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:28 am

^Thank you for at least looking into it. This thread had been freezing on me for months, just wanted to try it on multiple computers first, and let some time pass before I felt it was an issue that warranted asking for assistance on. I just went in and tried the thread again. It was a little slow, but at least I'm able to navigate now, before it was freezing my whole browser window. I've been in several threads that had embedded videos and never had a problem, this is the only one thus far, but at least today it didn't freeze my window and I was able to navigate. Whether or not something was actively done, I do appreciate the response, seems to be working for me now.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:08 am

So, I just edited both posts, because it was freezing for me too. Let me know if it's still causing issues. If so, I'll just lock the thread and start a new one.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Benjamin Haines » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:06 am

So I just checked the last page of that thread again and I had an issue I've never experienced on this board before.

The page once again loaded immediately, and I was able to scroll up and down without a problem just like before. However, even with those embedded videos no longer there, my Firefox browser's tab still had that loading circle icon swirling around (I'm on a Mac) as if it was still loading, even though everything appeared to have already loaded.

That lasted about 20 seconds, the same amount of time it took to display those embedded videos when they were there, but here's the kicker: I couldn't click on anything on the page during that time. I could still move my cursor around the screen without delay. I could still click over to a different Firefox tab and click on things in a different thread and on different websites. I could still click outside of the Firefox window, bring up my Finder window, click on different files, etc. The only thing that wasn't working during those 20ish seconds was that I couldn't click on anything on the page in that thread. Not the reply buttons, not people's usernames, nothing, and my cursor wouldn't even change its appearance when I hovered it over clickable things. Once the 20ish seconds passed and the swirly loading icon disappeared from the browser tab, everything on that page was perfectly clickable again.

I just tried it again two more times and the same thing happened consistently. Something is up with that thread.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Psycho Soldier » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:07 pm

I can vouch for Ben's bug report, as it just happened to me in that thread while using Chrome. I noticed the last page spends a long time trying to load some content from BleedingCool -- at least, it did when I first went there. (Chrome didn't struggle with that on subsequent visits, though it still experienced loading problems.) I suspect it's not YouTube videos that are at fault, but possibly where Mr. Negativity tried to link to a BleedingCool image in a spoiler tag. If he or a mod could remove that image link, we could see if that's causing an issue or not.
"Available for your home in 1995, only on Nintendo Ultra 64!"
Psycho Soldier
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:19 am

Thanks for the update Bruticus. I've edited the post in question and let's see if that works better now.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:09 am

No problems on my end. Everything is clickable and loads immediately.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Announcements, FAQs, Suggestions and Help