Section names and descriptions

Board-wide announcements & FAQs, general fan concerns, site problems, suggestions for new features, etc.

Moderator: Controllers

Section names and descriptions

Postby tbeasley » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:01 am

I remembered not too long ago some sections were merged to streamline the forum a bit and I found myself reading some of their descriptions, and I feel some of them could do also do with some streamlining, updating, tweaking, etc. Just some suggestions...

Godzilla Resurgence and Beyond!
Rumors, news, speculation and discussion on Godzilla Resurgence and other possible future Godzilla projects! Discuss them here!

Perhaps make the switch from Resurgence to Shin Godzilla, and bring up the upcoming anime film.

Legendary Pictures Godzilla Series
This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla reboot and its planned sequels! Was Godzilla a great film or a missed effort; let everyone know what you thought and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the already announced sequels!

I know there was some discussion before about the status of Kong: Skull Island being included here, but Legendary is trying to do a Godzilla-Kong shared universe and I think it might be important to bring up.

The Millennium Era: 1999-2005
Discuss the millennium era of Godzilla films! Godzilla 2000 Millennium, Godzilla X Megaguirus, GMK, G X MG, GMMG: Tokyo S.O.S., and Godzilla Final Wars

I think this could do with a description similar to the Showa and Heisei sections rather than a listing of the era's films.

SciFi Japan TV!
News, updates, and links to all the episodes can be found here! Check out what's hot and fresh on the Japanese sci-fi and fantasy scene!

Maybe mention that the series has more or less concluded as not to get anyone's hopes up.

Ultraman and Japanese Heroes
He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Cosmos, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Cosmos was way back in 01-02, so maybe bring up the newer Ultra series being made and how they're being broadcast in the west on Crunchy Roll? I'm not familiar with most other heroes and teams, but I know Kamen Rider and Super Sentai/Power Rangers are still two of the other 'main' ongoing tokusatsu shows.

Gamera Films!
Spinning flame-jetted turtles, space birds being chopped up like bologna, kids in shorts screaming for help...the original Gamera series was a strange mix of wacky fun!! The 90's Gamera films set a standard that other kaiju films are measured against! Discuss Gamera films here!!

I know it's often overlooked, but maybe bring up Gamera the Brave and the possibility of a reboot in the future.

Daikaiju Home Media Releases
Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases from Classic Media. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please

Classic Media was about a decade ago right? Maybe just swap that our for latest Blu-ray releases.

As for the Realms of the Imagination section, I'm not even sure we need that outside of a fan art/fiction board.

I'm sorry if this comes across excessively nitpicky in any way. I know this has always been one of the more quiet forums with a core set of members, but I feel anything goes a long way to lure more people to the community, especially when there are so many giant monster projects in the works now.
~ Tyler

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
tbeasley
Godzilla

Re: Section names and descriptions

Postby lhb412 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Yeah, the descriptions could certainly be updated. The use of the defunct 'Resurgence' title in particular.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Gene Lantern » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:59 pm

GOOD suggestions; will be working on soon....real life permitting....
"The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen, and we call them miracles." -The 11th Doctor, The Pandorica Opens
The Gene Lantern
Monster 01

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:41 am

tbeasley wrote:
Legendary Pictures Godzilla Series
This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla reboot and its planned sequels! Was Godzilla a great film or a missed effort; let everyone know what you thought and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the already announced sequels!

I know there was some discussion before about the status of Kong: Skull Island being included here, but Legendary is trying to do a Godzilla-Kong shared universe and I think it might be important to bring up.

Now that Legendary and Warner Bros. have officially branded their Godzilla/Kong series the Monsterverse, maybe that should be the new title for the Legendary Pictures Godzilla Series forum. I'd say the Kong: Skull Island thread would fit better in that section too.
Benjamin Haines
Burning Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:05 am

Yeah I would reposition the Godzilla film section like this -
Godzilla in General (Topics that blend the line between eras)
Showa Era (1954-75)
Heisei Era (1984-95)
Millennium Era (1999-04)
Legendary's MonsterVerse (Films leading to Godzilla vs. Kong)
Shin Godzilla and Beyond (Shin G, the upcoming anime, et al)
~ Tyler

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
tbeasley
Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:55 pm

If I were an admin, as opposed to just a mod, I'd be all over this, guys. But my powers are somewhat limited, unfortunately.
Gills.

My Podcast:
http://secondrun.libsyn.com/

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby The Gene Lantern » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:30 am

OK.

Suggestions read, updates made, and the board topics are better "described" I hope.

Constructive feedback is appreciated.

Oh, and the Kong: Skull Island thread was moved to the Legendary's MonsterVerse forum as suggested.
"The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen, and we call them miracles." -The 11th Doctor, The Pandorica Opens
The Gene Lantern
Monster 01

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Good stuff, looks great. I can only think of two notes:

1. The current official title of the 2020 crossover film is Godzilla vs. Kong, not King Kong Vs. Godzilla.

2. (*pointless nitpick alert*) Is it supposed to be "MonsterVerse" with a capital letter V? The Hollywood Reporter was the first outlet to use that term and they spell it just as "Monsterverse." I know some of the Kong: Skull Island merchandise stylizes Monsterverse with a large letter V but the same is also true of how the letter Z in Godzilla has been stylized on logos in the past, and that would look odd typed as "GodZilla."
Benjamin Haines
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Gene Lantern » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Benjamin Haines wrote:Good stuff, looks great. I can only think of two notes:

1. The current official title of the 2020 crossover film is Godzilla vs. Kong, not King Kong Vs. Godzilla.

Updated, thanks for the input!

Benjamin Haines wrote:2. (*pointless nitpick alert*) Is it supposed to be "MonsterVerse" with a capital letter V? The Hollywood Reporter was the first outlet to use that term and they spell it just as "Monsterverse." I know some of the Kong: Skull Island merchandise stylizes Monsterverse with a large letter V but the same is also true of how the letter Z in Godzilla has been stylized on logos in the past, and that would look odd typed as "GodZilla."

Ben, when I googled EVERY site including Wikipedia is using the capital V. I think we will leave it like that for now.
The Gene Lantern
Monster 01

Postby lhb412 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Thumbs up from me. Now we can talk about Skull Island in the Godzilla section!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Announcements, FAQs, Suggestions and Help