[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
What happened to the front page? • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

What happened to the front page?

Board-wide announcements & FAQs, general fan concerns, site problems, suggestions for new features, etc.

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Elliot Gay » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:33 pm

Hahah, talk about throwing me off guard. I need to pay more attention to things these days. :lol:

This merger=a great idea. A good way to revitalize the boards too.
Elliot Gay
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Destroyer D » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:40 am

Destroyer D
Godzilla

Postby Zack Metoyer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:55 pm

Zack Metoyer
Godzilla

Postby Shonokin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Just bookmark it at the .
Shonokin
Monster 01

Postby Heiseigodzilla425 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:04 pm

I really do think that this merger is a good idea. The only thing that really bugs me so far is the fact that the link to the forums on the Sci-Fi Japan page opens up a new window (or just a new tab in Firefox). I know that my post count doesn't really show it, but I do frequently check these forums and keep up on the discussions. The homepage can only be realistically be updated so often, which I find understandable. However, I do not find it necessary to make the forums open in a new window/tab every single time I want to visit the forums. This would be reasonable if the homepage was updated more than once a day, which doesn't happen.

I know that a simple solution to this is to just bookmark the forums, but that seems a bit pointless to bookmark both Sci-Fi Japan and the forums.

Also, one other minor annoyance that isn't really associated with the merger is the fact that I can't right click on links. I do this on my laptop so that I can open the links in a new tab. I realize that you've probably disabled this from happening so that, among other things, people can't steal the pictures posted on the website. If there's any way to fix this, then I'll be a happy camper. Otherwise, I'll grumble to myself every time I try to open up an article in a new tab :)

And yes, I realize how stupid it sounds for me to complain about how some links open in new tabs automatically, and how that needs to be fixed, but also how other links can't be opened in new tabs as easily :lol:

And I'm kinda with Zack on the entrance page. That artwork is very good, but its more of an annoyance to have to click it to access the main site. And honestly, I think that people new to the website may think of it as a placeholder page, or a "coming soon" page, rather than a linked image.
Heiseigodzilla425
Godzilla Jr.

Postby zekend01 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:40 pm

"If you can take the hot lead enema, then you can cast the first stone." - Lenny Bruce
http://www.myspace.com/cretinfunk
http://www.myspace.com/prometheuscomplex
zekend01
Godzilla

Postby Zack Metoyer » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:18 am

Zack Metoyer
Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:01 pm

king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Previous

Return to Announcements, FAQs, Suggestions and Help