[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
My Godzilla 3D Model and Animation • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

My Godzilla 3D Model and Animation

Share your monstrous musings and the techniques you use to craft them! Need help in gettting your ideas rendered? Post your requests here as well!

Moderator: Controllers

My Godzilla 3D Model and Animation

Postby daikaijusaurus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:41 pm

Hello all,

Well I've given myself the task of learning 3D modeling and animation a few months back, and it has been a long and challenging few months but been worth it! I decided, for obvious reasons, that my first animation project was going to be the King of the Monsters himself! I wanted my Godzilla to be the classic Toho design, mixed with my own cartoonish style. So here is my first animation:

Below also is a progression of building the model. I modeled, textured and rigged the model in Blender. I first started out with a sketch that I made and using that as a template for the model.

I drew the above images on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and imported them into Blender and began the modeling process.

And here are a couple of renders of the model after I textured it.

After modeling and texturing I created the bone structure for the model, and added inverse kinematics and constraints to make it animate. I must say that this was the most challenging part. I have a deep appreciation for the animators working on films and TV, it is such a time consuming and difficult job creating the magic that we see on the screen. But so much fun and well worth the blood and sweat! :D

Over time I will create more animations with my Godzilla model, and may even model a few more kaiju and make my own short fan film. Fun times ahead! :D :D
daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Re: My Godzilla 3D Model and Animation

Postby daikaijusaurus » Tue May 19, 2015 7:24 pm

Well I finally got around to getting back to my Godzilla animation. So here is Godzilla doing what he does best, roaring and breathing his atomic breath! Enjoy. :)

daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Return to Kaiju Art Studio