[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Eyewitness: Deadline for Entries • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Eyewitness: Deadline for Entries

Post your kaiju fan fiction pieces here! Post your comments and critiques here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Eyewitness: Deadline for Entries

Postby Eavesdropper » Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:39 pm

Eavesdropper

Godzilla is coming!

Postby Raptor » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:55 pm

A reminder that this date is currently still in effect, despite our Roost Discussion forum being down.
An to the concept can be found on so check it out and feel free to present ideas, ask questions, etc. IN THIS THREAD.
Raptor

Postby Tomzilla » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:27 pm

Man, I don't know if I can get everything done by then...so much has gone on, it would be a miracle to finish.
Tomzilla
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Raptor » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:54 pm

Give it a shot. If I remember correctly, you had a terrific idea in mind. We have a little bit of slack (what with the server not being available and all)...
Raptor

Postby Tomzilla » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:01 pm

I hope I saved that idea(s). If not, I could recall it from memory...I think I could if that would be the case.
Tomzilla
Godzilla Jr.

Postby CyHunter » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:03 pm

How long is each story supposed to be, approximately? Becuase I have a neat idea, but it'd be hard to stretch it past a couple of pages.
CyHunter
Burning Godzilla

Postby Raptor » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:24 pm

I don't believe we have set any "size" limits. What we were doing in the Eyewitness forum was discussing particular ideas, characterization, etc. There was also a pretty good list of links for reference to really get a "feel" for the setting, which would be Tokyo, Japan and its various areas/precincts.
I guess a good place to start would be:

1. Does the story take place, before, during or after G's attack? The time frame is November, 2004.
2. Where does it take place?
3. Who is the main character?
The characters should get particular attention as they are the "stars" of these tales, not Goji himself.

So far (from memory), we have school kids, a firefighter, a criminal and even a very Lovecraftian tale! Being an anthology, there are so many options for approaching a particular story and everyone's personal "style" can really come into play.
Raptor

Postby Tomzilla » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:03 pm

Concerning how large the story should be: It really doesn't matter as long as you do your best. Stories that are short doesn't mean they're not good. There is no law in the universe that states that in order to have a good story, it must be long.

Personally, I'm aiming to just include everything that I would like to. Majority of my story will be about my human character and the others who play a role in his life. I believe Raptor has already stated: These stories aren't really starring Godzilla. Think of it as having a plotline that involves characters that you care about getting stuck in a natural or man-made disaster. Being a hurricane, tornado, volcanic eruption, an earthquake, and yes--even a Godzilla. (Inspired by Raymond Burr's speech from G85, of course. :wink: )
Tomzilla
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Raptor » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:58 am

As for the SETTING, I do have SOME of the links that were on the Roost bookmarked and just added a new one in the Roost's "Notepad" topic.
They are really great for getting around Tokyo, seeing what's where, etc. There's everything from radiation effects to buildings and government references so if someone is working on a story around Tokyo, let me know and I'll see if I have something you can use.
Raptor

Postby Tomzilla » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:10 pm

Oh, there is a question I forgot to ask. When Godzilla attacks--does it take place at night? Though I don't it matters, since even if Godzilla is attacking Tokyo--it would take a while for everyone in the entire metropolis to know of it...maybe a few minutes. Half an hour at the most before it becomes public knowledge.

I ask this because well, I plan to have Godzilla make his entrance when its night time--or--does it matter?
Tomzilla
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Raptor » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:58 pm

Raptor

Postby Raptor » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:08 pm

Raptor

He's coming!

Postby Raptor » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:54 pm

Things are picking up on the now that the holidays are winding down. Even if you have just THOUGHT about participating, now is the time to "check in" so everything can get lined up. At least we have a little time to play catch up and make "adjustments" as needed to make this tribute really special for everyone.
Raptor

Postby Raptor » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:14 pm

Raptor

EYEWITNESS UPDATE

Postby Raptor » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:16 am

is now open for further submissions in the FAN NEST forums on Kaijuphile. I believe with a little planning and effort, EVERYONE should be able to have their tale included in this anniversary project.

Stories already submitted will focus on the following characters:

- Masato Kinomoto and Satoshi Miyazawa, Nerima Elementary School students
- Yoshido Kitadai, rookie firefighter posted at the Shinjuku Fire Station
- Tomoyuki Tomita, who is visiting his doctor by the harbor district
- Toji Toshima, a high school student in Shibuya

In addition to the discussion in our Character try-outs and other threads, LOOKING FORWARD TO: has been added as a little "nudge" to those who have indicated they might participate. We would especially like to hear from them and see how their stories are coming along! :?:
During the course of this concept's development, they brought up these exciting ideas and outlines, including:

- 'The Cult'
- 'Gilgamesh'
- 'The Infantry Recruit'
- 'Jonouchi Kurimo', a young computer program developer; a 19 year old kaiju fan
- 'Monster In The Mirror'
- "My Guardian Angel" - John Gardner, a legal representative preparing to take off from an airport in Tokyo
- 'Premonition'; an illegal immigrant in Japan; an English teacher in Akihabara; a former kamikaze pilot
- 'The Shimada Family'; 'Sojiro Nakai, Police Inspector'; 'A Week After'
'The Tank Battalion'
- 'Yakuza'; "The Fire of the Gods" *
- A customer service representative
- A pilot in the Japanese Air Force
- At a U.S. high school; a relief worker
- "Mamoru: The Eyes of a Victim in Kyoto" **

* is Clint Werner's harrowing tale of Martin Shaw, a correspondent for the World News Network, who finds himself by Tokyo Bay. What a great lead-off story it would make!

** This tale is presently in our Kaiju Story Central. I believe it could work very well in the EYEWITNESS anthology with Godzilla as the only kaiju. We would like to get in touch with KP member Atomic_Deadite regarding this option.

What had been a YEAR at one time is now a matter of TWO MONTHS so plan accordingly if you will be doing a tale for this project. :wink:
Raptor

Return to Kaiju Fiction and Reviews