[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Discuss: Mechagodzilla XII: Desert Siege • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Discuss: Mechagodzilla XII: Desert Siege

Post your kaiju fan fiction pieces here! Post your comments and critiques here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Discuss: Mechagodzilla XII: Desert Siege

Postby Emperor Kedzuel » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:08 pm

Okay guys. It's done. First let me get out the stick before you guys start pummeling me for making Biollante so hideously psychotic and evil.

So, what do you think? Strange, weird? Did I confuse you? Good!
It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Emperor Kedzuel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Rouge Message » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:39 am

Rouge Message

Postby Emperor Kedzuel » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:58 am

Emperor Kedzuel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MeltDownDestroyer » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:40 pm

XBOX Live Gamertag: FormalWhiteGuy.
MeltDownDestroyer
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Emperor Kedzuel » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:08 am

Emperor Kedzuel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Pkmatrix » Fri May 07, 2004 6:53 pm

Well, I've finished Desert Siege. This story was quite different from the previous two, considering the trauma you put some of the characters through. The scene where Erika "mind rapes" Kiryuu was...unexpected. VERY unexpected. It was well-done, not over the top, and I can see this ultimately altering Kiryuu's personality later down the road. Its also good to see Katsura's willing to kick ass when its necessary. ^_^

Biollante was one EVIL biatch! She was a psycho, but I can see why she is and why she attacks Kiryuu. Using Godzilla as her own weapon was interesting too. What I didn't get about the fight was Biollante's mobility...I doubt something that massive could dodge or roll away from any sort of attack...

And we have General Garrison, a character who we grow to simply dislike because of his refusal to understand Kiryuu. But, did he truly deserve his fate? While Kiryuu himself may not care much, the others (Katsura especially) may have guilt problems later on. Q? Q seemed like someone we wanted to like, who we so wanted to understand our heroes' situation. But, I think Will's last words with him sum up my final feelings on the character quite well: "You don't want to understand? You don't want to forgive? Well screw you then, jackass."

(Okay, so I took some artistic liscense with the line...that's how I feel on the subject!)

Out of everyone, I think Godzilla gets the smallest end of the stick. He gets captured and then used by Biollante, realizes that his father is really dead, and ends up losing the body to the humans again. I feel bad for him. While he's slowly figuring out what's going on, its such a slow and painful process for him. I did find it interesting, though, how you're now elaborating on Godzilla's relationship with his father. If both Godzilla and his father were on an island that was affected by atomic radiation, would this imply that others were on the island and thus, other Godzillas exist? That's an interesting idea.

One of my problems with Doppleganger was that I didn't care much for Katsura. I don't have that problem this time. Katsura has developed into an interesting, strong-willed character, her romance with Kiryuu being one of the most interesting parts of the story.

Overall, I'd say Desert Siege is the best entry in your Mechagodzilla series yet. I can't wait for an XIII! ^_^
Pkmatrix
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Emperor Kedzuel » Wed May 26, 2004 11:24 am

Emperor Kedzuel
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Kaiju Fiction and Reviews