[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Mechagodzilla XII: Desert Siege • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Mechagodzilla XII: Desert Siege

Post your kaiju fan fiction pieces here! Post your comments and critiques here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Emperor Kedzuel » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:02 pm

Godzilla glanced up, seeing the strange metallic birds streak across the sky. Under their wings they carried familiar objects, the weapons humans used against him. He let loose a growl, his lip pulling back into a snarl. He knew that the humans were coming after his father, to take him away from Godzilla. He did not want that to happen again. Godzilla held onto his father's chest, his back spines lighting up with their familiar bluish glow. He reared back and shot his breath weapon at them, the stream of blue-white flowing from his massive jaws. The metallic birds banked off, landing off in a distance and releasing their cargo. The strange long, human weapons came towards him and they began to fire their lightning bolts at him. He noticed just how much weaker these lightning bolts were compared to the horrifying stinging sensation he had received numerous times from his father's own mouth. Though, they were still as annoying enough. The weapons scattered around him, firing directly at him. Godzilla did not wish to mess with these creatures, he just wanted to return home with his father. Though, he burrowed through the ground to get her, he could not do it again--not with his father in his arms. He was trapped here. The only way to escape was to leave his father to the humans. He would loose his father once more.

The strange metallic birds banked off firing their own stingers at him. Godzilla roared in frustration, firing his breath weapon at them again. They scattered and flew off. Godzilla laid his father's still body down on the ground and touched the bony spines on his back. The humans just wanted his father. Godzilla could tell that they only wanted his father because of the way they were flying around him. They were not advancing, they were dodging only trying to drive Godzilla away. If he gave his father up to the humans, they would leave him alone and he could return to his island where he belonged for healing. The poison Biollante used on him made him weak. He did not feel much like fighting them. Then, Godzilla realized that if he gave his father back up to the humans, they would bring him back to life. He could not decided whether or not he wanted that. His father might return to him on his own if Godzilla gave the body up to the humans again. Godzilla sighed, he did not want his father to leave him. There was hope that he would return though. The great monster backed away from Kiryuu's form, lumbering away and watching as the strange birds extended some strange black vines down from their 'feet'. The vines attached to the back of his father, lifting the body up into the air and flying off with it. He watched as the human weapons also turned away leaving him there to find his way back to his island. Godzilla sighed in grief, defeated once more. He dove into the ground, burrowing himself and heading back towards the ocean.
It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Emperor Kedzuel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Emperor Kedzuel » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:04 pm

A Peaceful Interlude Version 1.5 ...and Repairs

Maintenance on Kiryuu's heavily damaged body was going to take time to repair. Already, workers at Site Alpha were working around the clock to repair the damaged bio-syntech around Kiryuu's right eye, and stabilizing his relay networks of synaptic cords, both internal and external. They were already in the works to create upgraded versions of maser cannons for his mouth. Gordon insisted on something a bit more powerful than what he had originally. Back at the site of the battle, the Utah Foundation was picking up the pieces, gathering what they found were bits and parts of Biollante's burned body and incinerating it the moment they found them. Gordon Knight wanted to make sure there was not going to be a 'second coming'. As for the incident with General Garrison and his men, Gordon burned the files and erased the evidence within the Foundations databanks that even would prove that he had a hand in their deaths. He had Kiryuu write up a false report to the Secretary of Defense stating that their deaths were caused when Biollante slammed into the ground and there was no way that Kiryuu could prevent it. He wanted to make sure that Kiryuu would never mention that Gordon activated the AI's Survival Protocol in order for the situation to occur. He knew that Kiryuu lined Biollante's body up so that she would hit the DT when he kicked her. It was all a part of the plan to make sure that Kiryuu and Katsura survive.

Katsura awoke the moment they fed power into Kiryuu's systems. She awoke a little bit disoriented, but otherwise alright. Gordon had to find a way to keep this incident out of Q Terezawa's report when he returned to Washington D.C. Gordon had Kiryuu hack into the files in Washington, fooling the heads of state and making Q sound like a burbling fool when he reported it. Will regretted the treatment Q received though, and he tried often to make up for it by calling him and apologizing to him. Though, still a lot of the conversations were the same, Q just did not understand what Will and the others saw in Kiryuu. Q was also afraid of the connection he had now with Kiryuu, parts of Kiryuu's programming software taking control of his right arm. Kiryuu reassured that he would not do anything anymore to harm Will's old friend. Q seemed sated for the moment. Now, it was about rebuilding and repairing Kiryuu. Will removed the AI from the body of Mechagodzilla while they were repairing it. Kiryuu's AI was hooked up to the projector while he monitored the repairs from the control room. His ethereal form sat down on the chair and he sighed as he watched them.

"All's well that ends well," sighed Will. "All of this. At least now, they are more than willing to keep you hooked up."

Kiryuu nodded as he glanced out through the bay window seeing his still form through the glass. He crossed his arms and leaned against the chair, placing his feet up on the control panel.

"They say that they're monitoring activities in the east," said Will. "Something is causing quite a stir down there. And we've monitored Godzilla's trek back to Ogasawara Island. At least he made it back without causing any problems for ships in the area."

"I knew what Godzilla felt when he was trying to drag me from the scene, Will," Kiryuu began. "He wanted to bring me back with him."

"You should visit him, if Gordon allows," Will said.

"I know," began Mechagodzilla. "But then again, what difference would it make if I did? He thinks I'm dead."

"You died before," Will said.

"No," said Kiryuu. "It's not that. He knows that I've died before. When he saw my exposed dorsal spines, he knew what happened. He knew the fate of his father--the body that my AI now houses. He almost seemed disturbed by it. Before, he just thought that I returned...that I disappeared somewhere. But now, he knows what was done."

"Spooky," Will sighed. "There's nothing we can do. Maybe it was wrong in using the bones of the one who died back then. Maybe we shouldn't have used them as the skeleton for Mechagodzilla, but the deed has been done. There's nothing we can do."

"No, there isn't," said Kiryuu. "At least not now."

"Here's a question," began Will. "Do you want the spines to be covered again, like they were, or do you want them exposed now?"

"Cover them," said Kiryuu. "To protect them. They are a symbol, and that symbol needs to be protected. I know what is inside of me when I'm in that body. I don't need to be reminded again."

"Yeah," Will sighed. "Sure. Well, this world will always need Mechagodzilla, it seems, one way or another."

"In one form or another," Kiryuu said. "This world will need me."

"Hell's fire hot," Gordon sniffed. "What are we into now?"

"We're in it deep, Gordon," said Will. "I've reset Kiryuu's survival protocol, so he won't go nuts over it."

"And I take comfort in that, Will," said Gordon. "I take comfort that Kiryuu's afraid of his own Survival Protocol."

"So do I," said Katsura as she sipped at her coffee. "Even his power scares me. But it will take a long time for Kiryuu to heal after the damage Biollante inflicted on him."

Gordon leaned into the table: "Pray tell, Katsura. What did that overgrown hedge monster do to my Mechagodzilla's AI system?"

"She--tormented him," said Katsura. "She--God...abused him."

"Sweet Jesus H. Christ," Gordon sighed in grief.

"She--touched Kiryuu?" Will asked in horror.

"Little bit more than touched, Will," Katsura said. "She forced fed him sensual sensations directly into his CPU, something he really never has felt before."

"You mean you two don't...get it on in there?" Gordon asked.

"No," Katsura said. "We kiss, that's it. Nothing more. Most the time he just holds me. That's enough. His mind is somewhat of a child--a child in love, but still a child. I don't do anything sexual to him. But Biollante...Erika...it's difficult for him to comprehend it. But he knew the sensation he was feeling was wrong. She violated him. Earlier today I tried to just give him a hug inside our link, he shrank back from me. Gordon, I'm worried that he's been damaged mentally. He needs time to heal, and help to understand."

"What are we going to do about this?" Gordon asked. "Kiryuu's been--violated, I just instigated him to use his Survival Protocol. And we've got deaths on our hands that I've been ordering Kiryuu's AI to cover up. I'm--starting to think like him!"

"No," said Will. "He's just been thinking like you all this time. All we can do is show him that we care."

"Kiryuu feels weakened right now because he had not the power to fight Biollante off inside his own mind," said Katsura. "He's no longer sure of himself, and he's lost all confidence. We need to be there for him now more than ever."

"Right," said Gordon. "For now, let just leave him some time for himself to think this through. Okay?"

"Something Kiryuu has asked me already, Gordon," Katsura smiled.

"Okay," Gordon began as he stood up. "On another note. What's this I hear about disturbances in the Atlantic Ocean?"

"From what I've heard," began Will. "Fishing trawlers have been going down lately. Sonar reports on the high seas saying it's a group of fish swimming in a thick line--some 200-300 meters long. The thing hasn't surfaced yet. It has been spotted though somewhere around Georgia and Florida."

"Crap," Gordon sighed. "Put down one monster and another one arises. Well, I'll send out some scouters--divers to see what's going on. Another other news?"

"Nothing so far," Katsura said.

"Great," Gordon sighed. "Well, then. Hopefully we can put this whole thing to rest. Katsura, if Kiryuu needs you anytime during the day--even if we're in some sort of meeting, you've got my permission to leave to console him. I think for right now, you're the only one who can."

"Yes, Gordon," Katsura nodded. "I still can't believe that Kiryuu almost killed Q."

"I know," Gordon said. "Hopefully, we can talk to him about that, when he feels like it. He can't keep those feelings bottled up in there."

"I think it has to do with some of the jealousy that Kiryuu felt towards Q," said Will. "When Q started hitting on Kat, Kiryuu became a bit agitated."

"Figures," said Gordon. "Well, this whole thing...is behind us. Water under the bridge, no doubt. I need to go take a nap. I'll see you all later."

He got up and left the meeting room. Will stared back at Katsura.

"When you went in there," began Will. "What happened to you?"

"I found Kiryuu bounded with vines," she replied. "And Erika was, well, kissing him. Though, I could tell she was doing much more than that, and I could sense it. She was--enforcing the emotions that usually are shared between someone you love. But she wasn't doing any of the--physical movements to him. It had to do with her psychic powers. I could tell that Kiryuu was being tormented. I could sense that he did not like what he felt. She was a sick girl, Will. Those emotions, after them being inflicted onto him, will confuse him even more. Kiryuu did not know why she was doing that to him. He couldn't understand. It's kind of like a child being abused in that manner--and they'll often feel that what just happened was some sort of punishment. I don't want Kiryuu to feel that way when I hold him."

"He seems very grown up on the outside, Katsura," said Will. "But on the inside..."

"He's now like a teenager," said Katsura. "Still, he knows it was wrong, but this has confused him. I have to console him some how. But, I don't know how. I can't do it like--like he might want me to do...like his girlfriend. I feel like I need to do it like his mother, for some strange reason."

"Because you still feel that you are his mother, not his girlfriend," said Will. "I think you kiss him just because he wants you too. When he looks at you, he wants to. But when you look at him, you don't see a lover, you see a son. So, be the mother you want to be to him. Console him as a mother, not as a girlfriend."

"She wanted something," said Katsura. "Some how, making him feel those sensual emotions, it forced his mind into the Internet, into hacking those files--especially on herself. And it was with the promise that she would make it stop."

"Jesus," Will sighed. "What else?"

"She--I saw a cord jacked into the back of Kiryuu's neck," she replied. "I could sense that he was hacking, downloading files at a speed that not even he could even match. While she kept him busy with the emotions she fed into him and with the hacking, she was downloading directly from him into her. Kiryuu was afraid he'd overflow from all the information intake."

"He would," said Will. "I ran some scans on his CPU. Yeah, he has an extremely fast processor, but he would have crashed with the amount of gigs per second he was downloading from the military grid. Not even he could take it, not unless he immediately scattered the evidence to the servers that he hosted on the Internet."

"Biollante wasn't letting him," said Katsura.

"Figures," said Will. "I'd feel violated too if I went through all that."

"I'm going to see Kiryuu," said Katsura. "I sense he needs me."

"His CPU's in my office," said Will. "I'm still running some scans now. I don't want anything to happen to him while we're operating on his body. Luckily the CPU's very easy to remove."

"You have the projector up?" she asked.

"No," he replied. "But he's jacked into my computer--only the computer he's jacked in isn't connected to the Internet and it's running off a generator. I don't want Kiryuu to browse through any chords while I'm running the scans. He wasn't to thrilled about that. All he has right now are the games on my computer to keep him occupied while my computer is scanning his CPU."

"I'll go to him," she said as she left the meeting room.

"Er, I'll just finish up here," Will called back after her as she ran down the corridor to Will's office. Will's office was the same as it always has been, papers strung out everywhere, computers left on with Pong screen saver bouncing the ball back and forth. Only one compute seemed cleared of that and it was attached to a beach ball sized, black sphere with various wirers and syntech tendrils growing out from its face. She knew that was Kiryuu--his true form. The AI system sat on a pillow. Will wanted Kiryuu to be comfortable while his computer ran the scans. Will wanted to know what Biollante damaged while she was inside Kiryuu's processors. Katsura could see that Kiryuu's AI was connected to a lone speaker on the floor. She walked up to it, and tapped the sphere on the top.

"Katsura?" asked Kiryuu.

"Hello, sleepy," she said, sensing that he was asleep while the scanning was going on. Kiryuu let loose a vocalized yawn.

"Hello," Kiryuu rumbled. "How did the meeting go?"

"You should know," she laughed. "We're connected."

"I--didn't listen in," Kiryuu said. "I..."

"I told Gordon," she said, picking up the heavy sphere and sitting it in her lap. "I had to."

"I figured as much," Kiryuu sighed. She turned slightly as she saw Kiryuu's virtual avatar appear on Will's monitor. "You don't have to hold me, Katsura."

"I feel that I need to," she said. "You don't have to be the tough guy all the time."

"What did Gordon say?" he asked.

"He was horrified," Katsura replied. "But he does not blame you. He was horrified that--that monster could ever do such a thing to you. He's not taking it so well."

"Katsura," began Kiryuu. "I thought I could fortify my connection. No one could ever break in--but Biollante..."

"She did it through a psychic link, Kiryuu," said Katsura. "You're were set up to protect yourself from hackers coming in from the Internet, not psychic plants."

"You're right, Katsura," Kiryuu said. "But..."

"Don't let it get you down," said Katsura. "We need you. Will needs you, Gordon needs you...I need you. Okay? You're still the best AI that has become sentient and aware."

"Probably because I haven't taken over the world yet?" Kiryuu asked, acting a bit c0cky.

"I don't think you will," Katsura smiled, holding the sphere tightly.

"You're right," Kiryuu sighed. "It's illogical. I may be sentient, but having a quest for power is unlikely. I already have freedom, of mind anyways. Like I wanted."

"I know," she said. "Accept when Will wants to do scan."

"I understand why I must not be jacked into the Web, Katsura," said Kiryuu. "It slows the program down if I'm surfing. The sooner we get this done, the sooner I can be back in my body and putting up defenses like I always do."

Katsura smiled as she hugged the sphere a bit tighter. She heard Kiryuu grunt for a moment.

"Katsura..." he began. "Not so tight. You're squeezing one of my sensors."

"Oh, sorry," she said as she let go. "Kiryuu--I want to know, are you going to be okay, even after what happened?"

"I don't know," he sighed through the speakers. "I don't think I'll ever know. She's done some horrible things. Though, I wonder because of her past, was it her parents and the state that are to blame for this? Still..."

"Look," began Katsura. "No matter what it was, she became a monster. There was no reason for her to do that to you."

"I know," he said. "Katsura? Right now, just don't bring it up too much. And keep holding me like that."

Katsura chuckled as she laid her head on the sphere's surface. It was going to be a long road ahead for Kiryuu to heal from all of this. They just sat in silence as the computer continued to scan Kiryuu's systems.

Will lifted up his cell phone after he dialed Q's cell number. He waited for a moment until the phone answered.

"Hello?" asked Will. "Q?"

"Here," said Q.

"Look, don't hang up," he said. "I just want to say I'm sorry again."

"Why?" Q asked. "My reputation wouldn't be on the line because of you."

"I'm sorry," said Will. "It would never had happened if..."

"If what, if I wasn't on your team? I probably would have been better off. I was nearly killed by that insane computer AI, I was punched in the head by your boss, and nearly freaked out of my wits because of this whole bio-syntech thing! Screw you, Will. If it were up to me, I'd never see you again. From this day forward, we are not friends anymore!"

The signal cut out after that. Will sighed, shaking his head as he lowered the phone. All because of Kiryuu, he lost a friend of his. Though, he was proud of Kiryuu, proud of the achievement he had done. Kiryuu had a reason, Katsura. That was it, it was all for Katsura. Q just did not understand.

"Yeah, screw me," Will sighed. "You pompous-punk assed b@stard, Q. Fine, you can't forgive me. Well, neither can I."

Fin...
It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Emperor Kedzuel
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to Kaiju Fiction and Reviews