Help!

Post your kaiju fan fiction pieces here! Post your comments and critiques here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Help!

Postby MechaMinya » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:29 pm

Hi!

A little over a year ago, maybe even longer, I started a fan fic thread on a MZ board.

The fan fic was called GODZILLA: HAIR OF THE DOG.

Somehow, between a computer crash and a new computer, I have lost my copy of it.

Does anyone here maintain or know an MZ fan fic archive?

Thanks! I was finally hoping to finish the piece.
God is in the details.
MechaMinya
Little Godzilla

Postby Biohazard85 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:29 pm

Did you by any chance posted it somewhere else? Because I don't think we are going to be able to get it back. And that's too bad, because I remember reading it and was something that most fics aren't.

I can't say that I will come up with anything, but I'll try my best to see if I can find it.
Biohazard85

Postby MechaMinya » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:19 pm

Thanks, Bio! I sincerely appreciate the help. It was about a down and out homeless guy whose spirit is rallied by the memory of his childhood love of Godzilla and Mothra.
God is in the details.
MechaMinya
Little Godzilla

Postby Rouge Message » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:38 am

It must have been longer than a year ago because I just checked the last MZ forum and it wasn't there. If it was posted on the previous-to-that MZ forum, when it was a part of Cinescape, that's going to be tough to find. The Cinescape MZ forum is not accessible, but the posts themselves are if you link directly (It's fascinating reading two, three, and four year old posts, btw).

So, assuming the html file that made up your story still exists, you'd have to know the exact URL to retrieve it. Needle meet haystack. Sorry dude, I think it's gone. :cry: But there's nothing stopping you from starting over. If you still remember it after all this time, then it must have meant something. Maybe it'll be even better than before.
Rouge Message

Postby MechaMinya » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:51 am

Thank you for your efforts! I sincerely appreciate the help and the sentiment. Maybe I will start over. It had something personal and something deep in it somehow. It was kind of different for a piece of kaiju fiction. It may not have been any good but Rouge is right - it did mean something to me. Thanks guys!
God is in the details.
MechaMinya
Little Godzilla

Re: Help!

Postby MechaMinya » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:35 am

I was reminded of kindness in this exchange this evening and thought to resurrect this thread. I have started writing creatively again after all these years. I hope to have something to share here in the near future.
God is in the details.
MechaMinya
Little Godzilla

Return to Kaiju Fiction and Reviews