[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Marcon and G Fest ideas. • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Marcon and G Fest ideas.

This forum is for Festivals, Shows, and Convention Information, as well as information on Godzilla, Kaiju related Exhibitions and Displays, and screenings of Kaiju Films in the theatre and on television. Also discuss and alert others to fandom activities. Discuss fanzines, local fan gatherings and clubs, alert others to your G-related websites, etc. Meet and greet other fans! Have a ball!

Moderator: Controllers

Marcon and G Fest ideas.

Postby planetxman » Sun May 30, 2004 10:05 pm

Just came back from Marcon with those Damn Shields kids. Lots of fun and lots of laughs. This was my first Marcon. And definitely my last Marcon.
Although Godzilla fans would be dissapointed, specifically with the Dealers rooms, there are many other topics, areas, genres that Marcon covers. If you enjoy a broad base of fandom such as LOTR, Harry Potter,Comics, SW, ST and Folk songs, Marcon is a lot of fun. And if you enjoy heavy set women dressed in skin tight outfits, Marcon is a must go.

The highlite of the show for mr at least were the sessions with Bob Eggelton and JD Lees. I was able to ask a lot of questions in their panles and I was able to see Non G Fest fans reactions. MANY of the attendees were not even aware of G Fest and MANY have not seen the Millenium series. At least I was able to talk to a lot of fans and recommend watching the newer G Films and also plug G Fest.
The group I was with were able to get some news and info on FW. Kaiju fighting Kaiju seems like a wild idea. Godzilla shows up last. And the mutants seem like Toho's answer to the X -MEN !!
Oh and BTW, there was a design of a 4 legged Ghidora that Toho did NOT use. So my original source did see a design, possibly similar to the sketches we have seen on MZ and various boards.
Getting back to the Marcon programming... There were so many things going on at once. MANY different sessions geared towards people of various ages. It would be nice to see something similar at G Fest. Sessions for kids and sessions for adults at the same time. One of my fave sessions at Marcon was the Jeapordy contest. Very difficult questions. I could answer many, but tanked at almost all the Trek and Stargate questions. If I were actually a contestant and NOT in the audience I may have gotten far. The game was set up nicely with a host and helpers turning over point displays and questions cards. They even had buzzers for the contestants. Can anyone imagine Kaiju Jeopardy at G Fest ? I mean a realistic game where only the best would be able to succeed, just like the real game. Someone else could do a kids jeapordy, I'd love to host a genuine Kaiju Jeapordy.

I also heard that Bandai MAY release a NEWLY sculpted Godzilla 84 this year. I was told there would be a TON of toys for FW, possibly a box set of different Godzillas that may also include a newly scuplted 64 G.
Marcon had movies showing the whole time that the show was going. I know that this was done before at G Fest, but never really with films that GODZILLA fans want to see. At various G Fests, when I walked into the video rooms, there were hardly any fans. A video room to me is a nice alternative, and adds choise for the fans.
At night there were big parties, DJs in the main ballroom and the 3 of us had a lot of fun. A good laugh as the 3 of us were in a drunken conga line that was about 20 people long.
I'd love to see a similar type party/gathering at G Fest. I'd even pitch in with some $.
Anyway, it was a fun show and nice to see fans like Lewis and Jeff along with Bob and JD.
Take care, see you all at G Fest
Last edited by planetxman on Sun May 30, 2004 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
planetxman

Postby Legion » Sun May 30, 2004 10:20 pm

Dont they already have a form of Jeapordy in the trivia contest? However, I think your idea is better, especially if they seperate the game into adult and children groups.

Aside from the news of the 4 legged Ghidora it seems that basically all the information that was to be broken already broke this week. Certainly cant top what happened at Chiller, can it?

Well, glad you had a good time Greg. Only 39 more days til G-fest. Did you find out about any other events JD is planning for the show?
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby planetxman » Sun May 30, 2004 10:24 pm

planetxman

Postby Legion » Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm

http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Festivals, Shows, Screenings, and Fan Activities