[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Weekly War In Space #76 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Weekly War In Space #76

This forum is for Festivals, Shows, and Convention Information, as well as information on Godzilla, Kaiju related Exhibitions and Displays, and screenings of Kaiju Films in the theatre and on television. Also discuss and alert others to fandom activities. Discuss fanzines, local fan gatherings and clubs, alert others to your G-related websites, etc. Meet and greet other fans! Have a ball!

Moderator: Controllers

Space Wars a la Italia!

Assignment: Outer Space
No votes
Battle of the Worlds
8%
Wild Wild Planet
50%
War of the Planets
8%
War Between the Planets
No votes
The Snow Devils
8%
Star Crash
17%
Treasure Island In Outer Space
8%

Total votes : 12

Weekly War In Space #76

Postby Xenorama » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:48 pm

here's some fun space movies...

Xenorama
Monster 01

Re: Weekly War In Space #76

Postby klen7 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 am

Interesting. I think I may have seen only one of these before. I'll vote after i do a little research on availability
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:04 am

I voted Wild Wild Planet, because it's been forever since I saw it last.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Wild Wild Planet is in the lead.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Alpha OTS » Sun May 04, 2014 5:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB3SszYjEmA

That's one weird trailer. I'm going to have to track this down.
Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Alpha OTS » Sun May 11, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm only 20 mins in........this is one...weird....flick....
Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sun May 11, 2014 7:57 pm

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Alpha OTS » Sun May 11, 2014 9:50 pm

I was going to find at least three pictures that sum up the movie, but after screencapping the first one I realized I need go no further.

"Both of us wish you a thorough search."

So I watched the trailer about a week ago, and had an idea of what to expect going in. While viewing the actual movie I see the woman above watching a rocket ship land and I'm thinking to myself "Does she have a 5 o'clock shadow, or is it just a video artifact?" Well....question answered.

This movie definitely has some Cronenberg moments that's for sure, and that's a plus. I also appreciate the miniature effects. Although they're kind of amateurish compared to Toho, but they're not afraid to use them. I also thought it cool that they had and used hover cars! Granted they're just a domed "spaceship" on a go-kart frame, but I thought they looked pretty neat despite only going 5 mph. :D

Unfortunately the movie kind of goes off the rails at the end. I was having more fun with the abduction mystery until it starts answering those questions. It sets up the "Wild Wild Planet" and the evil scientist is eager to monologue to the main hero which proves to be his downfall. This is bad enough, but the space cops who had their asses kicked earlier in the movie by what they thought were three women, but what were I believe super hermaphrodites, are now able to fisticuff off the entire facility staff themselves without suffering a casualty. The movie also can't decide if the "human debris" that's flooding the facility is hot/caustic/acidic/bad or not.

Definitely an interesting, but weird movie.
Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Festivals, Shows, Screenings, and Fan Activities