[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Gojicast • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Gojicast

This forum is for Festivals, Shows, and Convention Information, as well as information on Godzilla, Kaiju related Exhibitions and Displays, and screenings of Kaiju Films in the theatre and on television. Also discuss and alert others to fandom activities. Discuss fanzines, local fan gatherings and clubs, alert others to your G-related websites, etc. Meet and greet other fans! Have a ball!

Moderator: Controllers

Gojicast

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Okay, so everyone is so fond of my muddled often incoherent style of posting so OF COURSE you'd like to hear it in audio form?
RIGHT?
>_>
So I discussed it with a friend of mine and we decided to make a go of it and record a podcast about Godzilla (I know there's a number of them, but whatevs)
I'm mostly just really stoked about the new film and this is the way I'm choosing to express it.
Check us out below as we discuss what got us into Godzilla, and we discuss the original film! (Also there's like 10 minutes when I make a point that goes nowhere and may not be entirely in human speech)

I'd love to get some opinions. It may very well just be this episode only, but if enough people don't mind my THICK KENTUCKY ACCENT and find our rant worth the half hour or so investment we'd love to do more!
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Gojicast

Postby klen7 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:14 pm

i'll probably put it on in the background tomorrow at work, but what ever happened to Dr Davis Davison? i enjoyed those
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 pm

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:22 pm

be sure to post something when you pick it back up
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Silver Kamen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Seems cool. Thanks for sharing it.
シルバー仮面!

Silver Kamen
Heisei Godzilla

Banned user

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:08 am

http://gojicast.blogspot.com/2013/11/go ... again.html
Episode 2 is up and we discuss Godzilla Raids Again. We sort of hint on the plot, but really I just want these to more or less be nostalgia trips for my co-host and I.
Also I sort of gush about Pacific Rim toys at the end.

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Episode 3, yep, still doing this.

We talk King Kong vs. Godzilla.

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:36 pm

I find the quality a little rough. Fs, Ps, Bs, etc all have that heavy puff of air at the end of them. It got better from episode to episode, but unlike some other podcasts I frequent, I don't think I could back-to-back this very much. 45 minutes of this slightly rougher quality is about my tipping point/maximum threshold.

Interesting discussion, though for the most part. Hard for me to hear a Godzilla discussion without feeling like I've heard it before, but you hit on a couple of points I found rather interesting.

On Gojira: I liked the point about modern technology vs. Godzilla as it's never really something I've before considered as new to monster movies, but now that you mention it, it's another point in the film's favor. King Kong kinda shows it, but it shows technology triumphing over the monster. Gojira shows the new era being torn asunder by the past.

On GRA: good call on emphasizing how the battle in this film differs from previous film monster-monster battles. I think you have to look at maybe Frankenstein vs. the Wolfman for anything prior to this film for even a remote comparison of the whole: "Both of these monsters are main 'characters' or 'points' of the film" but that's not kaiju.

on KKvG: really liked the point that KKvsG is similar to something like Freddy vs. Jason which isn't meant to represent anything necessarily ESSENTIAL to either franchise, but is more of just a fun, almost throwaway crossover. I still don't find this movie very FUNNY, but I do find it very FUN.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:45 pm

It's super rough. I may invest in a better mic now that I have some legit employment, though I really just do this as a hobby-ish thing. I find putting these together kind of fun. Doesn't really require too much effort or time and I have fun. My favorite part is just getting to be nostalgic about the early days when I watched these things for the first time.

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:32 am

http://gojicast.blogspot.com/2014/03/go ... zilla.html

Episode 4 is up. I know these movies have been discussed to death, but I just like talking about them anyhow. XD

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:33 pm

Episode 5 is up, if anybody even listens XD
We chat about Ghidrah...and I chat about toys...

I realize there's a lot of these podcasts and maybe to some people that's a reason not to do one, but
I kind of just want to do it because I'm hyped about the new movie and I like talking about the
franchise. That's a good enough reason for me, methinks.

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sun May 04, 2014 4:57 pm

http://gojicast.blogspot.com/2014/05/go ... y-3rd.html
Episode 6, in which we talk about Monster Zero and Ben shuffles Magic the Gathering cards throughout the entire thing.
Oh, and I plug my awful e-novella.

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:29 pm

So late to this party
http://gojicast.blogspot.com/2014/07/go ... y-5th.html
We discuss the Legendary Pictures Godzilla.

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Festivals, Shows, Screenings, and Fan Activities