[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Weekly Kaiju Movie Thread #17 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Weekly Kaiju Movie Thread #17

This forum is for Festivals, Shows, and Convention Information, as well as information on Godzilla, Kaiju related Exhibitions and Displays, and screenings of Kaiju Films in the theatre and on television. Also discuss and alert others to fandom activities. Discuss fanzines, local fan gatherings and clubs, alert others to your G-related websites, etc. Meet and greet other fans! Have a ball!

Moderator: Controllers

Whatchu want?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:12 am

Godzilla 1985/Godzilla Returns
29%
Godzilla 2000
6%
Gamera vs. Viras
18%
Gamera the Brave
24%
Yongary, Monster from the Deep
24%

Total votes : 17

Postby metal_bryan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:43 am

metal_bryan
Controller

Postby MouthForWar » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:12 am

Kaiju Transmissions Podcast-

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It Podcast
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby klen7 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:00 am

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 am

Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby metal_bryan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:19 am

metal_bryan
Controller

Postby MekaGojira3k » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:40 am

"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Alpha OTS » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:42 pm

ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:07 am

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Alpha OTS » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:08 am

I wish I had a better copy of this. My copy of Godzilla Returns is pretty good, but I don’t think I’ve watched it since buying my new tv a year ago. Unfortunately the subtitles now look quite a bit pixelated, I had a little trouble reading them despite the picture looking nice. I really like this movie although it took a week to watch the whole thing. I did, however, backtrack quite a bit when going back to watch so I could catch up from where I left it last. So, in a way, I kind of watched this twice.

I love the foot steps. This is one of the best things about the movie: how much they emphasize G’s march of destruction. I also love the evident destruction and how the actors need to navigate it. I love the final scene too, and I can’t help but feel sympathetic to G’s fall into the lava.

And why is this priest happy that Godzilla's peering inside to let him know that his train is about to be dropped?

I might be in the minority here, but I think the suit and miniatures here are better than what followed later. However, I wonder if they really needed the puppet head. The Showa suit did some of the things they had the puppet head here do just by suit acting.

This is my favorite shot in the flick and the one that always comes to my mind when someone mentions the movie.

I used to consider this more Showa than Heisei, or a blending at the least as a changing of hands. The more I think of it now, it really seems pure Heisei and a part of that series. This is most likely due to me being much more fluent with the Heisei series now than I used to be. I’m not really a fan of many of the Heisei films that followed, but this is still all good in my book.
Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:27 am

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Godzilla 1984 is one of those movie I truly enjoy, but not so much that I find myself watching it on a regular basis. The lack of a DVD probably factors into that as well. The score and atmosphere are the film's greatest allies and its a pretty great opener for a new series of Godzilla films. It sets the mood perfectly, but the cast and at times the story do very little to keep me that interested.

I still like it a great deal despite its weaknesses, and it leads into the great Godzilla vs. Biollante! :D
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Festivals, Shows, Screenings, and Fan Activities