[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
E3 2017 Predictions and wishes • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

E3 2017 Predictions and wishes

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

E3 2017 Predictions and wishes

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:29 am

With E3 starting Sunday here are some of my predictions

Microsoft Predictions:
-Project Scropio's name is either Xbox One 4K or Xbox One Pro though rumors are it could be called the Xbox One X; its release date will be October or November with two skus a 1TB for $400 or a 2TB for $450
-Crackdown 3 is annouced for this year around the launch of Scorpio
-Tons of games get "Scorpio Patches" much like how PS4 games got Pro patchs to take advantage of the hardware
-Sea of Thieves launches a public beta with the full game getting Scorpio support

Sony Predictions:
-God of War gets a full title with a March 2018 release. Sony loves to release the GoW games in Spring for some reason
-The Spider man game gets a title and gameplay trailer probably with a release date of 2018 :(
-The Resistance Trilogy gets remastered for PS4
-Horizon Zero Dawn gets DLC annouced

Nintendo Predictions:
-Super Smash Bros gets annouced from Switch; it'll be an enhanced port of the Wii U title much like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was
-Animal Crossing Mobile game is shown off with a Switch title annouced
-New Pokemon for Extreme Moon/Extreme Sun are shown off
-Metroid Prime Trilogy gets remastered for Switch with a teaser for MP4. Sorry no new Metroid Prime quite yet

General Predictions:
Ubisoft formally annouces Assasssin's Creed Origins
Ubisoft will do a deluxe version of Far Cry 5 that comes with a remaster of Far Cry 3 or the remaster could be a preorder bonus
CD Projekt Red Shows off Cyber Punk 2077 complete with gameplay
CoD WWII gets a deluxe editon with with Modern Warfare 2 remastered just like last year when Infinite Warfare got MW remastered

What I think is a complete crap shoot:
Harmonix annouces Led Zepplin DLC for RB4

If I think of more I'll add it in later.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Re: E3 2017 Predictions and wishes

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:30 am

I'm sad that I'm going to miss out on most of the press conferences this year since they occur when I will either be in Texas or driving back from there. Sony's is the only one I will most likely end up catching live (but why does it have to air during Better Call Saul?).

My wishes though:

Nintendo announces a new real Metroid game for the Switch
Nintendo announces new IPs that aren't gimmicks

Spider-Man PS4 game is given a release date that is going to stick
Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
Final Fantasy 1-9 Collection for PS4
Red Dead Redemption Remaster
New IPs for the PS4 that aren't just shooters or online games
Persona 1-4 Collection for PS4
Resident Evil 2 Remake
God of War 4 update
The Last of Us 2 update
Deus Ex Sequel
Tomb Raider Sequel
New Crash Bandicoot game
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:08 am

Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:16 pm

RE2 Remake needs to be done just like REmake. I will accept no substitutions.

As for Deus Ex, then why the hell did they bother to leave the story off TBC if they weren't going to finish it? Maybe that is why sales weren't great, they were selling half of a product for the price of a full one.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:01 pm

MS knocked E3 out of the park

-Project Scorpio is called Xbox One X and will launch world wide November 7th for $499
-Original Xbox games will now work on Xbox One later this year
-Tons of games getting Xbox One X patches; some of which PS4 Pro don't have.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:44 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Ubisoft's conference wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. There were a lot of games they showed, but none of them really made me go, "WOW!"

The Mario/Minions game, I mean Rabbids, might have been cool when the Rabbids were not unfunny overdone gimmicks. Then again, I'm not a fan of RTS games, so it probably wouldn't have mattered.

They told us nothing about Far Cry 5 to make it stand out from the other games in the franchise, so I guess it is just FC3 and 4 with new skins.

Putting Assassin's Creed in Egypt is a cool idea, I'm just not sure I can enough at this point to bother. Oh, and does anyone else think they decided to only show off the gameplay during the conference from a camera watching a TV as to not piss people off when they final product does not look anything like what is shown?

Black Flag: Not-Assassin's Creed, I mean Skull & Bones, was meh. Not that it looked bad or anything, just that it looks like the same game I played in 2011 on Assassin's Creed III.

No interest in dancing or oline car crap, South Park was cool, and I don't really remember much else.

As for Beyond Good & Evil 2, I never played the first one, but considering this will probably take another 5+ years to actually be finished, I see no reason to get hyped.

I'm surprised we didn't get a glimpse at Watch_Dogs 3, but overall, it's a meh conference. I might check out Microsoft's from last night while i wait for Sony's.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:45 pm

What happened Sony? This was the first time in like 6 years that the conference was a complete disappointment. Did they just feel they could take the year off? Where are all of the new game announcements? Where are all the new IPs being worked on? The updates on Kojima's game? Cyberpunk 2077? Add on top that the audio was down right atrocious and you have a disaster of a conference.

The opening segment was fantastic with the muscicians, but then it all went down hill from there.

God of War 4 looks great. I'm glad they finally showed to people that the game is not just some walking simulator like they whined about last year. The bit where Fenrir was talking to Kratos was pretty cool. Can't wait to see the Midgar Serpent on my TV screen. I wonder if he will be this game's Gaia?

Shadow of the Colossus remake was a huge surprise and I am just going to hold out on playing the game now for that version. So excited!

I'm also super excited for Spider-Man. It's exactly what I want, a Batman Arkham game but with Spider-Man. Also, was that Josh Keaton they got for the voice? It sounded like him, and if it is, that is awesome.

I have no interest in Dark Souls for Children (Monster Hunter) and they spent way too much time on VR crap. Final Fantasy Fishing? Seriously? Because if there is one thing that has been fun in any RPG, it is fishing. Hell, Nintendo might as well respond to this with a Zelda fishing game. UGH! "I'm sorry I can't save your world, I'm too busy fishing."

What happened to having indie developers come up to talk about some of their games? The entire indie bit was missing completely. In fact, I felt like I was just watching the highlights to their conference and not the full conference.

Days Gone was fine. There was some cool stuff, but not entirely sold on it. I wasn't as impressed with Detroit this time around compared to last year. Is it going to be another Heavy Rain with multiple characters you play as?

What about the Vita? Why not just officially announce it as a dead system since they didn't even mention it once during the entire conference?

I'm also surprised they didn't have anything to compete against Microsoft's new version of the X1 being able to play UHD discs or even anything about backwards compatibility.

I don't even remember anything that was shown, if there was even anything else. Overall, I give this lackluster conference a C or a 5/10. Microsoft's was so much better.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:57 pm

Speaking of Microsoft, we watched their conference before Sony's and while it wasn't great, it was no where near the disaster that was Sony's. At least they unveiled new IPs, even if I don't have an interest in several of them.

Anthem looked like a generic Destiny wannabe only shooter.

I have no idea why the dude playing Assassin's Creed Origin didn't take out the target in stealth when there was a wide open window below him.

Super Lucky's Tale looks like it is going to be quite fun.

Where was a new We Happy Few trailer?

No interest in Days Gone... I mean Left 4 Dead... sorry... State of Decay 2.

Another Forza, yawn. Oh, and Fable has now been reduced to a card game.

The pirate game looks a whole of a hell lot more original than that Not-Assassin's Creed game Ubisoft revealed.

The X-Box One X is almost as dumb of a name as the Wii U. The specs sound good, but $500 is too much for a console that is four years old even if it has new specs. How many times does Microsoft have to relaunch this machine until they get it right? Yes, the UHD aspect is a nice benefit, but I can buy an UHD player for a fraction of that price.

That new Metro game actually looked impressive. Never played the others though, so I wouldn't know what is happening in the story. The music to the game was kick ass too.

Is the backwards compatibility going to be for EVERY game or is it just another joke list?

Overall, not bad. There is nothing here that makes me want to go out and buy a machine, but they showed some newly revealed IPs to go with the sequels. I was suprised to not see a new Tomb Raider reveal while it was refreshing to not have anything Halo or Gears of War related. I'm going to give Microsoft a B or a 7/10.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:45 am

BC is going to be a case by case basis they have to basically reverse engineer each game to work so in theory over time they could get every game to work the same with Xbox 360 BC. On a side note the games do play and run better on Xbox One so thats something.

I agree with you Kain on Sony's press conference the only thing I'm excited for from them is God of War which will be in March they say Early 2018 so expect March and Spider Man looks fantastic I can't wait to play that. Hopefully the story is good and there's a lot of easter eggs in that one little trailer.

Bethesda's conference was meh and every thing "new" shown off from them was predicted/leaked months ago.

We still have a few days left so hopefully Capcom shows off RE2 remake, if not this week then they have Gamescon in August and TGS in September and also PAX West. Next year would be the perfect time to release that since it marks the 20th anniversary for the game.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:55 pm

METROID PRIME 4 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!! I will definitely be buying a Switch at some point now, which might sound weird because this prsentation did nothing to give me any confidence in the machine.

I love the aspect of being able to possess creatures in Mario Odyssey, Yoshi and Kirby could be fun, and that Xenoblade Chronicles game might have been interesting if I had played the first one.

Overall, the lack of any new IP announcements, no discussion about how their online service is going to work, talk about the Virtual Console, and how brief the entire thing was leaves me giving it also a C or 5/10. I hate to say it, but Microsoft had the best presentation and I have no intention of owning an X1.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:45 pm

METROID II REMAKE?! HELL YEAH!!!!!

And it seems like it comes out this year. When can I preorder?
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:31 pm

I don't even own a video game system, yet even I was swept up in the hoopla about Mario Odyssey and two Metroid games.

That's some major hype. Well done Nintendo.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More