[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
SNES Classic *speculation thread* • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

SNES Classic *speculation thread*

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

SNES Classic *speculation thread*

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:03 pm

Greetings All,

Well with the holidays over the success/infamy of the NES classic is still going. In the thread I made for this entry, I explained several reasons why I would not want to own one. However there is much speculation that Nintendo is already in the planning stages of a similar classic console for the SNES. Here is there chance, IMHO, to fix so many errors and rlease a great product that will have mass appeal/fanfare.

Requirements for me to purchase:
1. It must have a port to read original SNES cartridges (similar to the Genesis classic console)
2. It must have *hopefully* more than 30 games pre-installed. If no more than 30, then I'd pay the same amount ($60.00) for the console. If there were more...say 50-100 you could charge double ($120) and I'd happily pay that.

Here is a list of the top 100 SNES games according to IGN http://www.ign.com/lists/snes-games

For the most part I agree with this list. The only one I think that really should be there, and isn't is Ninja Gaiden Trilogy. If however there would be only 30 games, Below would be my perfect list. I tried to be as unbiased as possible, but as I am not really a fan of sports or RPG games, I fear that some of these would be sacrificed for the sale of having a more "balanced" selection of games, also there are a couple of pretty significant Nintendo self-made titles I've left off because I just really never liked them. My personal best 30 would be:

Actraiser
Actraiser 2
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Earthworm Jim
Final Fantasy III
Gradius III
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Ogre Battle
R-Type III
Star Fox
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Castlevania
Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out
Super Star Was
Super Empire Strikes Back
Super Retur of the Jedi
TMNT: Turtles in Time
The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past

So what do you think? Would you be interested in a SNES classic? What would it take for you to purchase one? What games would you want to see included? What Price would you be willing to pay?
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: SNES Classic *speculation thread*

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:36 am

I'd want to get my hands on the NES Classic before I stopped to think about the sequel!

You mentioned Turtles in Time, so now I'll have the music for that stuck in my head for days. Thank you for that.

Were there any licensed-property games on the NES Classic? Those might be a no-no. Family member over Christmas complained about the lack of the DuckTales game for the NES Classic.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:10 am

As cool as it would be I think i'm just going to do a Raspberry Pi3 loaded with RetroPie it's basically the same thing as the NES Classic and the hypothetical SNES Classic.

But for the SNES classic I'd want the following games

Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
DKC 2
Super Metroid
Super Castlevania
Super Punchout
Pilot Wings
Super Mario RPG
Zelda A Link to the Past

The rest Nintendo can add on their own.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:57 am

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More