[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Dragon Ball Z:Xenoverse • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Dragon Ball Z:Xenoverse

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

Dragon Ball Z:Xenoverse

Postby Henry88 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:34 pm

A Head-Cha-La above the rest
http://www.technobuffalo.com/reviews/dr ... se-review/

this sounds like a good one.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Dragon Ball Z:Xenoverse

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:19 am

It's a fun game, but not a game that translates into a good fighter if you're looking for a competitive online gig. The ability to heal with items during combat is stupid. Going Super Saiyan gives way to people spamming their Ultimate Attacks, some of which have a stun effect so you're hit repeatedly until you die. To be fair, most people aren't spammers and I usually play Endless Battles (where up to 6 people fill a room and wait to fight 1v1 in a King of the Hill scenario - if you win you keep fighting). You also can't use items in Endless Battles, so that stops people who constantly heal. Even so, combat has plenty of issues. I like the idea of building your own character and managing stats and equipment. I hate that some of the Accessories can auto heal you under certain conditions and even instantly give you health when you're almost dead. I also dislike that some of the moves paralyze you, leaving you open to constant follow up attacks. A few attacks are very difficult to dodge, even if you block and negate some of the damage. The sad part is that some of the fighting mechanics actually make for a really fun, engaging game that could be reworked into something that offers more balanced PVP.

The Quests range from fun to very annoying. Some are cool and some are really dumb and repetitive. The story mode is actually kinda nice, but the end of the game...well I didn't like a major aspect of it

I'd probably give the game a 6.5 or 7. It's fun (or really fun if you like DBZ), but not great.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast
Hybrid Gojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:05 am

Hm. I guess I'll probably wind up waiting then until I can get it on the cheaper.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Henry88 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:23 pm

i hope they can build on this for any sequel that comes down the pipe.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More