[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Quick question about the 3G Vita • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Quick question about the 3G Vita

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

Quick question about the 3G Vita

Postby Dai » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:40 pm

For some reason, the 3G + wi-fi Playstation Vita is cheaper on Amazon UK than the wi-fi only version at the moment. Since the 3G features are basically useless, I only want that version because it's cheaper, and don't want to pay for a data plan.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the 3G Vita without activating a data plan? Will it block me from using the console until I do? Will it pop up annoying prompts about setting up 3G whenever I try to use wi-fi instead? Or will it not pester me about setting up 3G at all?

Any help appreciated.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Quick question about the 3G Vita

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:33 pm

You don't need a data plan to play the system you just won't be able to use the online features without wi-fi.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Why would you need a data plan?
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:22 am

In order to use the 3G service you have to have a data plan. Basically the 3G Vita is like a smart phone with out phone capabilities well it supports skype.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More