Star Citizen

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

Star Citizen

Postby Gargantuan Gargantua » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:50 pm

For those that don't know and I doubt many of you haven't heard of it, Star Citizen is a new Combat Space Simulator from Chris Robert's the creator of games like Wing Commander, Privateer and Freelancer.

Last year he displayed a video of gameplay footage and asked for some crowd funding for $250,000 (i think) to pitch it to a game studio. Well today he is at $15,000,000 dollars raised. He has hired a crew of animators, designers and programmers and so far is working on the game independently.

The game is suppose to be like Freelancer x 1000 with a more immersion. You can walk around your ship or a capital ship you have landed on and everything is rendered in real time or have your friends literally man a freighter or small capitol ship with you.

I personally backed it, but I am fully aware that I may never see the final product. I am still giddy and excited that this genre might return to it's formal glory.

Anybody else into this?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

http://youtu.be/uBef4GUdUuk

^^^ one of the ships I purchased. I backed this the moment he asked for help. I get free Life Insurance, alpha and beta access for being an original backer. The part that shocks me the most... is that the pledges that are at the $15,000 dollar level are all sold out. :shock:
Gargantuan Gargantua
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Star Citizen

Postby mbozzo » Wed May 03, 2017 3:25 pm

I haven't heard about this game until I read your post, Gargantua. I may not be the only one who didn't know about this game. Is it any good? :?
mbozzo
Godzilla

Re: Star Citizen

Postby Gargantuan Gargantua » Wed May 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Considering all I have played was a glitched out Pre-Alpha I can't say I have really played the game.

I'm sort of coming to grips with this being some kind of money making scheme and nothing is every really going to come out. At the time I just wanted a new Freelancer so I supported this. Now the game is overly ambitious to the point where I don't think they will have a functional product for another few years (or ever).
Gargantuan Gargantua
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More